Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Whodunnit? Benghazi Talking Points Mysteriously Changed

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM
  • 1 Replies

The Administration talking points on Benghazi were edited to downplay the terror references, but by whom? In a nice display of synchronized finger-pointing, everyone involved says it was someone else.

Vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee Saxby Chambliss (R., Ga.) also said on Fox News Sunday that Petraeus said the initial talking points were altered and that senior intelligence and security officials did not know who was behind the changes.

“At the hearing we had on Thursday and Friday, we had every leader of the intelligence community there, including folks from the State Department, the FBI, everybody there was asked, do you know who made these changes? And nobody knew,” Chambliss said.

“The only entity that reviewed the talking points that was not there was the White House. I don’t know whether what they said yesterday is exactly right or not. But, what I do know is that every member of the intelligence community says that references to al Qaeda were removed by somebody and they don’t know who. And references to attacks versus demonstrations were removed by somebody.”

Chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.) disagreed with Rogers and said allegations the White House changed the talking points were false. “So there was only one thing that was changed and I’ve checked into this, I believe it to be absolute fact and that was the word ‘consulate’ was changed to ‘mission,’” she said on the same program.

Although they risk offending their Silicon Valley supporters, Team Obama might want to consider blaming AutoCorrect.

http:// justoneminute.typepad. com/main /2012/11/whodunnit-benghazi-talking-points-mysteriously-changed.html

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Why are we suprised..we don't even know who has been "leaking" info from the White House.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN