Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Geithner..'we need unlimited debt'

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:43 PM
  • 5 Replies

The national credit card is about to get a limit increase and not because the U.S. government is particularly credit-worthy these days. Highly competent tax cheat Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner has endorsed a plan floated by Alan Greenspan to raise the debt ceiling. Infinitely.

As CNS News relates the conversation:

On Bloomberg TV, "Political Capital" host Al Hunt asked Geithner if he believes "we ought to just eliminate the debt ceiling."

"Oh, absolutely," Geithner said.

The legitimate political argument over whether or not to raise the debt ceiling is thus being used as yet another ‘crisis’ to justify expanding government, instead of as a reason to get spending within taxpayers’ means.

America has one of the worst debt-to-gdp ratios in the Western world; and the ratio is projected by the IMF to hit 115% by 2016 or $44,215 per person. Under scenarios based on President Obama’s ten-year budgetary outlook (an actual budget hasn’t been passed for three years), government debt is slated to hit $75,000 per person in 2022.

No nation can survive unlimited government spending indefinitely without collapsing the economy. Not Greece, not Spain, not Japan, not Zimbabwe. The laws of economics don’t cease to exist just because we live in the United States.

The U.S. is facing some $20 trillion in national debt under even a status quo second Obama term. Legally unchecked debt spending would essentially fast track the omnipotent government progressives have dreamed about building for over a century.

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/11/22723-22723/

The plan is to collapse our economy..Americans voted for this thats astounding.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Friday
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Ugh, what a POS. Didn't I read somewhere he was stepping down? Hopefully sooner than later.

Church of The Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves)

Peanutx3
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I am just gonna stalk you and like all your comments today.  :)

Quoting Friday:

Ugh, what a POS. Didn't I read somewhere he was stepping down? Hopefully sooner than later.

Friday
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Peanutx3:

I am just gonna stalk you and like all your comments today.  :)

Quoting Friday:

Cool! I've always wanted a stalker = )

Church of The Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves)

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I want to hear his explanation of this opinion.  It makes no sense.

itsmesteph11
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I wonder if he's paid all those back taxes yet? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)