Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

5 Theories Why Obama And Romney Had Lunch

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:45 PM
  • 25 Replies

http://news.yahoo.com/five-theories-obama-meeting-romney-100811036.html

Well no word or pictures on the meeting between Romney and Obama as of yet.Romney also met with Ryan in the morning.

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PamR
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Isn't it tradition for the two candidates to meet after the election is over?

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:55 PM

J. Carney said that Romney was a successful businessman and that Romney has some good ideas about the economy.  Carney said Obama is interested in meeting with Romney to go over economic issues...may not have happened during this lunch meeting, but may happen in the future.

mikiemom
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it is common courtesy. It told me quite a bit about McCain's character when he didn't accept the invitation in 2008.
Bek22
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:20 PM

That's what I thought.

Quoting PamR:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting MomTiara19:

http://news.yahoo.com/five-theories-obama-meeting-romney-100811036.html

Well no word or pictures on the meeting between Romney and Obama as of yet.Romney also met with Ryan in the morning.

Hi spammer, have you taken the opportunity to address any of the questions in the threads that you abandoned?

thecoffeefairy
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
It shows good sportsmanship. Respect and manners ought to be expected. Sadly, they are seen as surprising. Perhaps they are simply raising the bar a bit. One can hope.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:10 PM
3 moms liked this

Negative on those 5 reasons.

I have it from good sources that actually ROMNEY invited Obama to lunch back in September. But Obama said sorry, his calendar was too busy to meet with him or Netanyahu for the next 9 weeks and 4 days. Then for the next 3 weeks, Obama seemed to forget that the campaign had ended. So Romney called Obama after Thanksgiving to remind him of his lunch invitation, and said he would pay. Obama said, "We can just charge it to the American taxpayer." And then Romney said, "Like hell we will!" - I mean, "Please, I insist."

Obama promised that during lunch, he would try very hard to refrain from calling Romney "a rich white man"; an ignorant Mormon with an unrealistic moral compass; a gaffe-o-meter worse than Joe Biden; a felon who didn't pay taxes for 15 years; an aggressive speaker who constantly interrupts debate moderators that make false statements about Benghazi; someone who hates women, blacks, Latinos, and working families; a career politician woefully "out of touch" who "doesn't care about the average American"; whose math doesn't add up, even though 673 economists, including 6 Nobel Laureates, endorsed his plan as being "the best way to create jobs and economic growth."

After Obama breathlessly said that very long sentence above, Romney graciously responded, "Thank you, Mr. President - I look forward to seeing you soon." And Obama said, "You're welcome - May I call you Mutt or the Mitt-ster? And Romney said, "Just call me Mitt, or Mr. Romney."

Then Obama quickly texted the mainstream media that HE had magnanimously invited Romney to lunch, to possibly pardon him from personally offending nation by having the outrageous audacity of hope to dare to run for president against him, the first half-black president. Obama texted this message to the MSM from his iPhone, on which 49% of the time he reads the Daily Intelligence Briefings instead of attending them in person.

And Obama summoned Paul Ryan to meet with him when Obama could find time on his calendar, to pardon Ryan for daring to run with the Mitt-ster against him, the first half-black president. Obama also thought he might take back those hate bullets he had shot with his eyes at Ryan during the Health Care Summit in February 2010, when Ryan had the audacity of hope to say that the main difference between Obamacare supporters and those wanting to replace it, is that "[Obamacare supporters] believe government should be in charge of these things - we believe PEOPLE should be in charge". Ryan also said that if Obamacare supporters are under the impression the American people like Obamacare - "I respectfully submit, you're not listening to them!" 

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I have to agree with this part of the comment especially.

IMHO, Obama has NO IDEA what to do, and is fishing for help.

I give Romney credit (if he does share ideas)...certainly makes him a bigger man than most any other politician.

Quoting rocketracer:

J. Carney said that Romney was a successful businessman and that Romney has some good ideas about the economy.  Carney said Obama is interested in meeting with Romney to go over economic issues...may not have happened during this lunch meeting, but may happen in the future.

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM

This is correct.  It has been a tradition for many years.  Nothing more.

Quoting PamR:

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:36 AM

During the campaign the administration painted Romeny as detached for his type of business sense.  Now the administration is complimenting him and seeking his advice.  Says a lot about the administration....typical politicians. 

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I have to agree with this part of the comment especially.

IMHO, Obama has NO IDEA what to do, and is fishing for help.

I give Romney credit (if he does share ideas)...certainly makes him a bigger man than most any other politician.

Quoting rocketracer:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN