Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Baby Jesus Stolen from Nativity Scene

Posted by   + Show Post

Stolen_baby_Jesus2_20121127123942_JPG

Updated: Tuesday, 27 Nov 2012, 2:56 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 27 Nov 2012, 12:41 PM EST

TORRINGTON, Conn. (WTNH) -- Police in Torrington are searching for a baby Jesus statue that was stolen from a nativity scene in Christmas Village.

Approximately three weeks ago, a Torrington Park & Recreation employee discovered that the baby Jesus statue was missing from the nativity scene.

After determining that it was not missing or stored in a different area, Park & Rec. reported the incident to police.

The statue is approximately 18 inches in length. The value and age of the figure is unknown.

There are no suspects at this time.

Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to contact the Torrington Police Department at 860-489-2007 or Detective Todd Fador at 860-489-2059.

Park & Recreation Superintendent Brett Simmons is also looking for any donations and/or a figure to replace the stolen Baby Jesus. Simmons can be contacted at 860-489-2274.

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Replies (21-22):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Let me guess:  This thief just wanted to wipe off the feet of Baby Jesus's feet, in order to decrease the statue's carbon footprint. CLEARLY a patriot extremely protective of the First Amendment freedom of religion for all Americans.... except those evil, intolerant Christians, of course.

Next week, this guy will speak against extremist Muslims at his neighborhood mosque.

I think we should ban Christmas.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
This was my thought too.

In our house we always set up the scene except for Jesus and Mary and Joseph, who we would set in the far end of the house away from the crèche. Then, every morning I would move them closer to the crèche until they would arrive on Christms eve. Then, of course, I'd put baby Jesus in the manger on Christmas morning. The kids loved getting up every morning to look for Mary and Joseph.

Hopefully this person will bring Jesus back. Stealing isn't cool.

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Hopefully the thoughtful person will put it back on Christmas Eve : )  I just got finished placing the manger scene figures except the baby Jesus.  I place him on Christmas Eve : )

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN