Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama is clearly hallucinating

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:24 PM
  • 18 Replies
2 moms liked this

President Obama is urging Congress to extend tax breaks for the middle class, saying it's "unacceptable for some Republicans in Congress to hold middle class tax cuts hostage simply because they refuse to let tax rates go up on the wealthiest Americans."

Funny, The way I see this is the Democrats holding the middle class tax cuts hostage because they are intent on punishing the people who make more than $200,000.

With the clock ticking toward the so-called "fiscal cliff," Obama asked lawmakers in his weekly address to "begin by doing what we all agree on" and extend the middle class tax cuts set to expire at the end of the year.

Well, I just dont' see the problem here. If both sides agree to this then they need to vote to keep the cuts for everyone.  We all know the money brought in by taxing these upper leval earners is not enough to cut anything, barely running the Government for 2 weeks.

It's very obviolusly hate running the Democrat agenda here. If we go over the cliff(that we have actually already gone over)it's the Democrats fault.

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Why is asking working and the middle class to pay taxes and struggle ok.But asking people making over $200,000 a year to pay a little extra in taxes considered punishment?

Momniscient
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Lol.

Oh it's going to be an awesome four years of hate and sour milk.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:12 PM

This is definitely going to be interesting...

shannonnigans
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:15 PM
LOL I was thinking the same thing! I'm so glad we won, because if I had to log on and criticize the Prez each time he mutters a breath, for the next four years, hell, I'm exhausted just thinking about it!

Quoting Momniscient:

Lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsmesteph11
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh here is another part of that poll.

In addition to a majority of Americans' belief on taxes, two-thirds of respondents opposed raising the Medicare eligibility age from 65 to 67 as part of a fiscal cliff deal, an ABC News/Washington Post poll found.

Umm Those are polls. Sooooo, I guess if all polls are gospel and we have to follow them ......

We should just let Medicare go broke because people don't want to work longer for their "stuff"? I dont' think you are going to find an overabundance of people who want to do anything that will fix Medicare because it might just affect them.

Oh here is another poll I guess we have to follow. Better tell the Libs they are all wrong on regulations.

53% Prefer Less Regulation, More Competition For Financial System

Quoting autodidact:

A majority of Americans support hiking taxes on the wealthy to avoid steep budget cuts and tax increases dubbed the "fiscal cliff," a poll indicates.

itsmesteph11
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:26 PM
4 moms liked this

For starters, they already pay their share of taxes.  It's the middle class and the poor who get deductions and credits that make it so they end up paying little or no tax at all.  It will also affect businesses that will not help the economy at all.  I already said the money the Gov would get from these taxes will do NOTHING to lower the debt or the deficit. There just isn't enough there to solve anything. Obama just wants more money to SPEND.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Why is asking working and the middle class to pay taxes and struggle ok.But asking people making over $200,000 a year to pay a little extra in taxes considered punishment?

itsmesteph11
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:32 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh , also, if you voted for Obama that's just what you voted for. More struggling to pay the bills and feed your families.   Give yourself a pat on the back.

Quoting MomTiara19:

itsmesteph11
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:37 PM
4 moms liked this

sidesplittinglaughterOh pleeze..... Libs love criticizing. Anyone, anything but especially Presidents, past or present. Some of you are STILL criticizing Bush.     But, yeah maybe you are exhansted after 12 yrs of Chriticizing Bush. 

Quoting shannonnigans:

LOL I was thinking the same thing! I'm so glad we won, because if I had to log on and criticize the Prez each time he mutters a breath, for the next four years, hell, I'm exhausted just thinking about it!

Quoting Momniscient:

Lol.

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 5:38 PM
3 moms liked this

This exactly!  Without a budget or any kind of plan, I have no faith that higher taxes would go to pay our debt.  It would be taking money from people just to spend on who knows what.

Quoting itsmesteph11:

For starters, they already pay their share of taxes.  It's the middle class and the poor who get deductions and credits that make it so they end up paying little or no tax at all.  It will also affect businesses that will not help the economy at all.  I already said the money the Gov would get from these taxes will do NOTHING to lower the debt or the deficit. There just isn't enough there to solve anything. Obama just wants more money to SPEND.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)