Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Musings on America's Cultural Influences and Effects

Jambo4
Why are there so many trolls on CM? I am so sorry your life is unfulfilled.
Yesterday at 3:28 PM
Posted by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:16 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Musings on America’s Cultural Influences and Effects Pt.1

Babette Face PicWhy do people leave their homeland to come to America to escape the tyranny of that country, and continue to do the same thing that which they were fleeing? They state they sought refuge here to flee oppression, yet they oppress their own while discriminating against those they consider offensive and beneath them? Just a question from general public observation and some personal experience. I see   Women walking 2 feet behind their husbands/men, women not allowed to look nor answer to another person, men committing honor murders against their daughters, male children being treated like little kings and the females  as an after-thought second class citizen. Some will not even touch the hand of a black person to hand them their change because blacks are offal to them. Some talk about and mock white people behind their backs while kissing up to them in their faces. Some will date American black and/or White women but they have better not bring them home talking serious relationship, not acceptable.  You’d be surprised too to realize which nationalities do these things, and it’s not just all Muslims that’s for sure.

I just want to know why the hell do you come to MY country with MY fellow Americans and bring the sickness that has infiltrated your soul and mindset here? We wonder about the disintegration of core American values, and while I’m not advocating exclusiveness, I wonder if we are too damn inclusive at times?  Sure embrace those that seek refuge, but to let the slow infiltration of the detrimental customs they brought with them to seep into our society, and we (Americans) jump to protect them utilizing the constitution of the United States of America all in the name of fairness should be consider an act of treason!  I don’t believe that the battles against the restrictions of freedoms we have taken for granted for years that Christians and conservatives are seeing in greater numbers in the past four years are just solely to be laid upon the current executive government administration, but to also to be placed upon ourselves for not realizing just how easy it is to convince and influence certain economic and social demographics of society through the media and so called “outreach” programs. I find myself trying to not judge all people of a particular culture and ethnicity with the same contempt for those that I see and have personally experienced their anti-American like behavior.  Since we don’t impose our freedoms upon others, as they are there to be used or taken for granted, when did it become acceptable to become imposed by “fairness” laws from those that find certain freedoms offensive?

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door! ~Emma Lazarus 1883 Statue of Liberty Sonnet.

Yearning to breathe free, think about that, seems to me that some yearn to spread suppression while breathing free and we have become the huddled masses.

Scripture for thought: 2 Cor 6:14-15 “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?” NIV

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:22 PM
5 moms liked this

EXCELLENT read Jambo..and I loved the video..

Since we don’t impose our freedoms upon others, as they are there to be used or taken for granted, when did it become acceptable to become imposed by “fairness” laws from those that find certain freedoms offensive?

THIS.

Jambo4
Why are there so many trolls on CM? I am so sorry your life is unfulfilled.
Yesterday at 3:28 PM
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:41 PM
6 moms liked this

It says it's part one so I look forward to part 2

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:37 PM

BUMP!

Raintree
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, she has a scrubbing-bubbles view of American history.

They're bad. We're good. They should change. We never had to.

Good grief.

imamomzilla
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:51 AM

<3 it!

I just watch a documentary on Lady Liberty. This video gave me goosebumps.

Thanks or posting, Jambo. :-)

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Amen, sister!

On this side of heaven, this is perfect. :)

About a year and a half ago, my cousin took me to Liberty Island (Statue of Liberty). We found our grandmother's name on the list, when she arrived in 1912 with her grandmother, escaping a life of physical abuse in Hungary. She "claimed to be a US citizen", because she was born here and and had been previously taken back to Hungary, before she returned to the land of her birth. Her name was Helena, age 14.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)