Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Rand Paul: Ashley Judd ‘way to damn liberal for our country’

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:15 PM
  • 47 Replies

Rand Paul via AFP

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) on Wednesday reacted to a possible Senate run by Ashley Judd by saying that the actress was so “damn liberal” that she did not even belong in the United States.

Earlier this week, Politico reported that Judd “is seriously exploring” a bid against Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) in 2014 or possibly waiting until 2016 to take on Paul.

Conservative WMAL radio hosts Brian Wilson and Larry O’Connor asked Paul to react to the news on Wednesday.

“I heard she lives in Scotland, I thought she was running for Parliament,” Paul quipped to the radio hosts delight. “I think she’d fit right in, in the English Parliament.”

“She’s way damn too liberal for our country, for our state,” he added. “She hates our biggest industry, which is coal. So, I say, good luck bringing the ‘I hate coal’ message to Kentucky.”

“Here’s the other thing. She’s got to get back and forth from Scotland and Kentucky to campaign and they don’t have the Concord anymore. It’s going to be tough.”

Listen to the audio below from WMAL, broadcast Dec. 5, 2012.

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1vYCy)
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_Kissy_
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:15 PM

And Rand Paul is a disgrace/embarassment to this country

mustbeGRACE
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:02 PM

A sociopath.

7SportsMom7
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM
7 moms liked this

Says who?  You?  Well that says a lot.

Quoting _Kissy_:

And Rand Paul is a disgrace/embarassment to this country

Pema_Jampa
Yesterday at 2:54 PM
Rachel Platten - Fight Song (Official Lyric Video)

"Fight Song" is now available on iTunes! Download it here: http://smarturl.it/fightsong Don't forget to share and subscribe for more music! Check out my soci...

by 2HotTacoTini on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Matter of opinion. I disagree

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:09 PM
4 moms liked this
I can tell you one thing.......she will NOT get my vote!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susan115
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:15 PM
6 moms liked this

Ashley Judd, Did not graduate college, but because she was a Judd and an actress, she got a honorary degree from the college she DID NOT graduate from.  On top of that, by the time she was a junior she BARELY had a 2.00 and I am suppose to listen to the extremely mouthy, irresponsible, woman?  She is a liberal loser.

imamomzilla
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM
5 moms liked this

Rand Paul: Ashley Judd ‘way to damn liberal for our country’

It's spelled "too", Professor Kissy.

teacher

Paperfishies
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM
4 moms liked this
I agree. If anyone has followed her crazy ass on twitter for the last 18 months, she makes Obama look like a conservative.

Anyone who supports PETA as heavily as she does is a total loon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:58 PM
4 moms liked this

He is right-she is!

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:56 PM
4 moms liked this

IMO she thinks she is relevent because she's famous and people go to see her movies or watch her TV shows. At least they used to.

Just because you can act/sing, which is debatable for some, and make money doing it doesn't make you smart, intelligent or someone we want advising us on how to live our lives or part of the gov't. 

I remember a few years ago Barbra Streisand work an article on how it is responsible for the environment to hang your clothes outside to dry instead of using a dryer. I'm sure she does it herself...NOT. Then it was reported when she goes shopping she has an RV follow her in case she has to use the restroom. Seriously? I'm sure that is much better for the environment than using a dryer. *EYEROLL*

If the famous want to tell us how to live, model it, don't just flap your mouth. Ed Begley Jr might be a little out there with his advice, but he lives it, not just lectures the little people while he does the opposite.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)