Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What is the Worst Politically Correct Thing......................to You?

Posted by   + Show Post

What is the worst politically correct thing to you?

Mine is still people calling Easter eggs "Spring Eggs".............................Yet, they still do it on Easter, not March 21st.

banging head into wall

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Replies (151-160):
Bookwormy
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Wait, have you mentioned before that you believe in Jesus as the reason...? Indeed you have! Flying Guacamole Batman! She repeated herself too! First even! Your point?

You didn't address your lack of humor. I'm sorry you didn't get it. I didn't mean for that to happen. I thought you'd get it. I honestly forget not everyone knows Jewish history, especially Christians. Jesus was Jewish, so I assume, but we know where assuming gets us.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting Bookwormy:

& we don't, but thanks for explaining.

PS. It was a joke, haha...

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting Bookwormy:

OK, just in case you don't get it, I mean the oil that lasted 8 nights in the Temple before Jesus was ever born, that Chanukah celebrates. I don't mean oil & modern politics; that *would* be warped!

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting Bookwormy:

Oh, that's so funny, cause I thought that Oil Is the Reason For the Season!

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting blues_pagan:

I am not stopping you from doing it I am just wondering why it is that you (general you) get so offended when a business request that their employees be all inclusive when they ask for them to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "merry Christmas".  

Is it so important for people to have their faith affirmed in the use of Merry Christmas over Happy Holidays?

Quoting Debrowsky:

Once again.... you go right ahead..... but don't stop the rest of us from saying Merry Christmas for the event that it is actually pertaining to, so yes, Jesus is the reason for C H R I S T M A S .

Quoting blues_pagan:

Well that is nice and all but I don't celebrate Christmas, I celebrate Yule which just so happens to fall on Dec. 21st this year.  So no, Jesus isn't the reason for my season.  

So once again, why is it offensive to you that I choose to wish people a Happy Holidays since there happens to be more than just Christmas celebrated within this month.

Quoting Debrowsky:

by removing Christmas trees and poo-pooing the use of Merry Christmas when it is deliberatly used for
CHRISTMAS - the birth of Jesus.   gee, there seems to be a circle of thought here that isn't being caught.

Perhaps this belongs over on the thread where critical thinking is missing with liberals.  oh, my bad.

Quoting blues_pagan:

How is it offensive to tell someone Happy Holidays?  Especially if you don't celebrate Christmas?

Quoting Debrowsky:

Quoting mikiemom:

The thing I can't stand is when someone tries to say they hate being politically correct as an excuse to be an asshole. Such as is the case as screaming Merry Christmas to someone who tells you happy holidays. Or using racial slurs and calling it funny.

ya because in that high and mighty quest to be so politically correct, you stomp all over common sense and rational and offend people anyway.   whoopee!

For many Jesus IS the reason for the season..so  yes..yes it is..

You "do" need a vacation..

We still consider Jesus being the reason for the season..but thanks for explaining..

You keep repeating yourself...I heard you the first time..yes..I know "you don't"..

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ednarooni160
by Eds on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Quoting Bookwormy:

Wait, have you mentioned before that you believe in Jesus as the reason...? Indeed you have! Flying Guacamole Batman! She repeated herself too! First even! Your point?

You didn't address your lack of humor. I'm sorry you didn't get it. I didn't mean for that to happen. I thought you'd get it. I honestly forget not everyone knows Jewish history, especially Christians. Jesus was Jewish, so I assume, but we know where assuming gets us.

I'm surprised you didn't know all that, but it is easier when you are Christian.  You seem to like making digs..so I will say this one more time.. Jesus "is" the reason for the season for Christians.... I don't practice Judaism..  I follow the second Covenant since Jesus was the final sacrifice..

Bookwormy
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:01 AM
2 moms liked this
I think you're assuming & either she doesn't or doesn't wanna. Some members of the majority seem to conveniently forget the Establishment Clause as it applies to them. Or they deny Christianity is a religion. Or they sing Fiddler's Tradition, like it helped Tevya keep things the same. Oy Vey, nu, tossed salad is here, melting pot long gone.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

And here I thought you understood the concept of "tyranny of the majority." LOL. You funny.

Quoting imamomzilla:

How is your "right" to celebrate (*insert whatever it is you worship-spaghetti creatures, unicorns, hobbits, trolls, etc*) being infringed upon? Who is stopping you from enjoying the usual sights and sounds?

You ever hear of traditions? Look, the majority of people find comfort in familiar things and memories.

The whiny minority needs to stop moaning about everything. News flash! The universe doesn't revolve around YOU (general you). Deal with it.

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I laughed. It was funny.

Quoting Bookwormy:

You do need to laugh! Come on, it's funny!

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this

You can say what you want, and I can respond. You're the one all defensive about a joke that was flatout funny. If you didn't understand it, you can ask. It's how we ALL learn. And it's a good thing.

christmas tree

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Face it: you had no idea what she was talking about. You funny.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Yes..and you are the Queen of ignorant..

No I didn't..  Gosh I wish I knew what we can or can't say before getting kicked off.. Will have to go over the rules..

Bookwormy
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:17 PM
I've deleted my initial response. Sorry it was disrespectful.

I don't understand your need to keep repeating yourself. I read you the first several times. Plus, you're the one that complained that I had repeated myself once after you had done so. Are you evangelizing or something, & I'm too clueless to pick up on it?

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting Bookwormy:

I'm surprised you didn't know all that, but it is easier when you are Christian.  You seem to like making digs..so I will say this one more time.. Jesus "is" the reason for the season for Christians.... I don't practice Judaism..  I follow the second Covenant since Jesus was the final sacrifice..

Bookwormy
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Thank you! I made it up myself. ;-). I mean, not the miracle...

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

I laughed. It was funny.

Quoting Bookwormy:

You do need to laugh! Come on, it's funny!

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Quoting Bookwormy:

I don't understand your need to keep repeating yourself. I read you the first several times. Plus, you're the one that complained that I had repeated myself once after you had done so. Are you evangelizing or something, & I'm too clueless to pick up on it?

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting Bookwormy:

You're obviously bored.. I"m waiting for the ink to dry on my Christmas cards to finish stamping..  Like I said, "have' a wonderful vacation..and sorry to hear about your dad..

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

You can say what you want, and I can respond. You're the one all defensive about a joke that was flatout funny. If you didn't understand it, you can ask. It's how we ALL learn. And it's a good thing.

christmas tree

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Face it: you had no idea what she was talking about. You funny.

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Yes..and you are the Queen of ignorant..

No I didn't..  Gosh I wish I knew what we can or can't say before getting kicked off.. Will have to go over the rules..

Honestly Kate..I doubt even if Bill Mahrer  (sp) said "I thought oil is the reason for the seaon" the crowd would get it..but oh well as long as you got it..that's all that matters..  Have a giggle..it's saturday..a day to do things and get ready for the upcoming holidays or not..your choice.

Bookwormy
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Thanks about my dad. He died on fathers day after being ill since the beginning of Feb. Vacation isn't till April 2013, but you're right, I could use one now.

I am bored because I've been very ill since Tues. Severe flu like virus but I tested negative for flu. Now we fear it's morphing into pneumonia. Yuck. Not the way to take time off work or start Chanukah!

Merry Christmas Edna. I hope you have a year filled with bright blessings!

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting Bookwormy:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting Bookwormy:

You're obviously bored.. I"m waiting for the ink to dry on my Christmas cards to finish stamping..  Like I said, "have' a wonderful vacation..and sorry to hear about your dad..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)