Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What is the Worst Politically Correct Thing......................to You?

Posted by   + Show Post

What is the worst politically correct thing to you?

Mine is still people calling Easter eggs "Spring Eggs".............................Yet, they still do it on Easter, not March 21st.

banging head into wall

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Replies (21-30):
SeakingPeace
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe when she sneezed, her lip ring fell out into her hands and she couldn't talk enough to say, "Thank you."  Just kidding! 

Common courtesy has become politically incorrect, I suppose. thank you

Quoting imamomzilla:

Here's a funny (in a sad way) true story. I was out shopping with the kids last weekend and the clerk ringing us up had blue hair, a couple of tats, lip ring, etc....

She sneezed, so in a knee-jerk reaction, I said "God Bless You". She ignored me. So my son chimes in, "Bless You!"  At which she just glared at him.

What a creep.

How hard is it so "Thank You"? Sheesh~

opinionatedmom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:04 AM

ALL OF IT

SeakingPeace
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Having to worry about exactly how you word a kind greeting is taking away the joy of GIVING it!

Quoting erika9009:

What if the politically correct thing is offensive???

So like Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.  If you say "Happy Holidays" my mom, she will correct you like no ones business.  If she knows you are Jewish, you get Happy Hanukkah from her.

She is not the only one.  I lady in front of me got mad at the cashier at Safeway because she said Happy Holidays, not Merry Christmas.

You know, we Californians are too uptight................................LOL

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Doesn't bother me. Rather be politically correct than being offensive.

pinkcsmtlgy
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:26 AM

I have to pick just one? I don't like political correctness.

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:00 AM
2 moms liked this

A. That leg thing is ridiculous.

B. By the sound of her appearance, the girl who looked offended by "God bless you" may have had a few more issues than just being a jerk to polite people.

C. It's winter. It's a break. Get over it.

D. I say "Merry Christmas" all the time. People hestitate to say it to me because I look Jewish (I get it from my Jewish grandmother). I'm short, I have dark hair, a Aquiline (large) nose, and boobs. It's cool; Happy Holidays is a nice thing to hear, too.

E. If you are offended by common courtesy and not making assumptions about someone's faith or ethnicity, you are the problem.

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:01 AM

LOL.  AbsolutePerfection.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Doesn't bother me. Rather be politically correct than being offensive.

imamomzilla
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:17 AM

LOL. You may be right. Her lip did curl a little when she snarled at my son. The tackle may have fallen out....not sure, I had to look away from the Bass.

Quoting SeakingPeace:

Maybe when she sneezed, her lip ring fell out into her hands and she couldn't talk enough to say, "Thank you."  Just kidding! 

Common courtesy has become politically incorrect, I suppose. thank you

Quoting imamomzilla:

Here's a funny (in a sad way) true story. I was out shopping with the kids last weekend and the clerk ringing us up had blue hair, a couple of tats, lip ring, etc....

She sneezed, so in a knee-jerk reaction, I said "God Bless You". She ignored me. So my son chimes in, "Bless You!"  At which she just glared at him.

What a creep.

How hard is it so "Thank You"? Sheesh~

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:18 AM
2 moms liked this

My only complaint about PCness is when it is taken so far by some people that even using words as intended for other things are "wrong".  Example:  We had a goat that we called "Black B@$t@rd"  He was a castrated male that was still a BAD boy!!  He butted the gate and scared the children.  A friend came over and we were leaning on the fence when he started coming toward us.  I yelled at him the get away, using his name (he was going to be for meat,so we didn't want to name him anything normal) and she said: "You shouldn't call him "black."  Seriously?  WTH?  B@$t@rd was okay?  Just not the black part?  That is taking it too far, shall we change the word for that really dark color?  NO.  Black means black, it is a color and some people are a bit crazy.

imamomzilla
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:22 AM

You choose the best names for your pets.

rolling on floor

Quoting bluerooffarm:

My only complaint about PCness is when it is taken so far by some people that even using words as intended for other things are "wrong".  Example:  We had a goat that we called "Black B@$t@rd"  He was a castrated male that was still a BAD boy!!  He butted the gate and scared the children.  A friend came over and we were leaning on the fence when he started coming toward us.  I yelled at him the get away, using his name (he was going to be for meat,so we didn't want to name him anything normal) and she said: "You shouldn't call him "black."  Seriously?  WTH?  B@$t@rd was okay?  Just not the black part?  That is taking it too far, shall we change the word for that really dark color?  NO.  Black means black, it is a color and some people are a bit crazy.

bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, but it's only for the ones we plan to eat.  We've had chickens named Supper, Drumstick, and Roasted.  A duck named Turducken.  and Goats named Braised, Chevon, Black B, and T-bone.  We want a Pig so we can name him New Years!  We were told not to name them things that will endear you to them, but these guys weren't endearing to begin with!  :-)

Quoting imamomzilla:

You choose the best names for your pets.

rolling on floor

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN