Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What is the Worst Politically Correct Thing......................to You?

Posted by   + Show Post

What is the worst politically correct thing to you?

Mine is still people calling Easter eggs "Spring Eggs".............................Yet, they still do it on Easter, not March 21st.

banging head into wall

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
Debrowsky
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 143myboys9496:

People have lost their sense of humor. That's what I find sad about PC in general.

This is so absolutely true.  In fact, I think that has been one of the underlying currents for the shift in all of this.  Hyper sensitivity, no humor, and certainly over reaction to everything.

jcrew6
by Jenney on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:57 AM

OMG, that is asinine.  

Quoting PTmomma3:

For me, as a physical therapist, the worst is that it's now not acceptable to say your bad leg or good leg. Instead we have to say involved leg and uninvolved leg.

Debrowsky
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

what a hoot!    laughing

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Thanks, but it's only for the ones we plan to eat.  We've had chickens named Supper, Drumstick, and Roasted.  A duck named Turducken.  and Goats named Braised, Chevon, Black B, and T-bone.  We want a Pig so we can name him New Years!  We were told not to name them things that will endear you to them, but these guys weren't endearing to begin with!  :-)

Quoting imamomzilla:

You choose the best names for your pets.

rolling on floor

Quoting bluerooffarm:

My only complaint about PCness is when it is taken so far by some people that even using words as intended for other things are "wrong".  Example:  We had a goat that we called "Black B@$t@rd"  He was a castrated male that was still a BAD boy!!  He butted the gate and scared the children.  A friend came over and we were leaning on the fence when he started coming toward us.  I yelled at him the get away, using his name (he was going to be for meat,so we didn't want to name him anything normal) and she said: "You shouldn't call him "black."  Seriously?  WTH?  B@$t@rd was okay?  Just not the black part?  That is taking it too far, shall we change the word for that really dark color?  NO.  Black means black, it is a color and some people are a bit crazy.

Debrowsky
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I get so peeved when I hear women get upset with being called - 'ladies, maam, or girl'
GET A GRIP!   we are all of these.  I have rarely seen these spoken in a negative fashion.

gggggrrrrrrr

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Debrowsky:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

People have lost their sense of humor. That's what I find sad about PC in general.

This is so absolutely true.  In fact, I think that has been one of the underlying currents for the shift in all of this.  Hyper sensitivity, no humor, and certainly over reaction to everything.

You're right. You know there are terrible things that happen and they're tough to deal with. Sometimes that's the way people deal with it.

A few years ago, my mom rushed my dad to the ER with chest pain. I met her there. As a RN all sorts of things were swirling around in my head, but I had to keep my mom calm. So when the ER nurse came in to take my dad's vitals..and couldn't get a blood pressure (clearly he had one, he was sitting up talking)...I said "GREAT you went and died, didn't have the sense to lay down AND you got me out of bed?? geesh"..Him and my mom started laughing so hard, the nurse must have thought we were crazy.

Humor has been proved to reduce stress. It's such a shame.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:48 AM

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Debrowsky:

what a hoot!    laughing

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Thanks, but it's only for the ones we plan to eat.  We've had chickens named Supper, Drumstick, and Roasted.  A duck named Turducken.  and Goats named Braised, Chevon, Black B, and T-bone.  We want a Pig so we can name him New Years!  We were told not to name them things that will endear you to them, but these guys weren't endearing to begin with!  :-)

Quoting imamomzilla:

You choose the best names for your pets.

rolling on floor

Quoting bluerooffarm:

My only complaint about PCness is when it is taken so far by some people that even using words as intended for other things are "wrong".  Example:  We had a goat that we called "Black B@$t@rd"  He was a castrated male that was still a BAD boy!!  He butted the gate and scared the children.  A friend came over and we were leaning on the fence when he started coming toward us.  I yelled at him the get away, using his name (he was going to be for meat,so we didn't want to name him anything normal) and she said: "You shouldn't call him "black."  Seriously?  WTH?  B@$t@rd was okay?  Just not the black part?  That is taking it too far, shall we change the word for that really dark color?  NO.  Black means black, it is a color and some people are a bit crazy.

Debrowsky
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I would not survive each day without humor.  

Bek22
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM
2 moms liked this
The worst politically correct thing to me is that I'm suppose to always have to be worried about being politically correct. " They" tell us to say one thing and as soon as we get used to it, " they" change it again. It's absurd. I'm tired of having to walk on eggshells for moody people. Merry Christmas and God bless.
Debrowsky
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Quoting Bek22:

The worst politically correct thing to me is that I'm supposed to always have to be worried about being politically correct. " They" tell us to say one thing and as soon as we get used to it, " they" change it again. It's absurd. I'm tired of having to walk on eggshells for moody people. Merry Christmas and God bless.

Oh, I sure do like you  high five

blues_pagan
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, you know what is funny is that Easter is derived from the name of the Goddess Eoster, who is a fertility goddess.  Her animal is the rabbit and her symbol is the egg...so calling them "spring eggs" is actually right on mark.

As for me, I don't get bothered by PC.  I rather be PC than offend someone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN