Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What is the Worst Politically Correct Thing......................to You?

Posted by   + Show Post

What is the worst politically correct thing to you?

Mine is still people calling Easter eggs "Spring Eggs".............................Yet, they still do it on Easter, not March 21st.

banging head into wall

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
mikiemom
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I know, right, we should go back to calling them what they are Ostara eggs.

Quoting erika9009:

What is the worst politically correct thing to you?

Mine is still people calling Easter eggs "Spring Eggs".............................Yet, they still do it on Easter, not March 21st.

banging head into wall

mikiemom
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:12 PM
3 moms liked this
The thing I can't stand is when someone tries to say they hate being politically correct as an excuse to be an asshole. Such as is the case as screaming Merry Christmas to someone who tells you happy holidays. Or using racial slurs and calling it funny.
Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Then calling it satire..

Quoting mikiemom:

The thing I can't stand is when someone tries to say they hate being politically correct as an excuse to be an asshole. Such as is the case as screaming Merry Christmas to someone who tells you happy holidays. Or using racial slurs and calling it funny.

imamomzilla
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

sidesplittinglaughter

Thanks for the laughs.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Doesn't bother me. Rather be politically correct than being offensive.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate the "N" word but to have people say "they" can say it but you can't.. It takes freedom of speech to a whole new level of contradiction.. Just as you shouldn't say "illegals" anymore..  So perhaps we shouldn't say bank/house robbers..maybe we should call them domestic self-seeking entrepreneurs...

imamomzilla
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

goodIOKIYAL

Quoting Ednarooni160:

I hate the "N" word but to have people say "they" can say it but you can't.. It takes freedom of speech to a whole new level of contradiction.. Just as you shouldn't say "illegals" anymore..  So perhaps we shouldn't say bank/house robbers..maybe we should call them domestic self-seeking entrepreneurs...

Debrowsky
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Ednarooni160:

rolling on floor                          now you're talkin'

Debrowsky
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mikiemom:

ya because in that high and mighty quest to be so politically correct, you stomp all over common sense and rational and offend people anyway.   whoopee!

blues_pagan
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

How is it offensive to tell someone Happy Holidays?  Especially if you don't celebrate Christmas?

Quoting Debrowsky:

Quoting mikiemom:

ya because in that high and mighty quest to be so politically correct, you stomp all over common sense and rational and offend people anyway.   whoopee!

Debrowsky
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:09 PM
2 moms liked this

by removing Christmas trees and poo-pooing the use of Merry Christmas when it is deliberatly used for
CHRISTMAS - the birth of Jesus.   gee, there seems to be a circle of thought here that isn't being caught.

Perhaps this belongs over on the thread where critical thinking is missing with liberals.  oh, my bad.

Quoting blues_pagan:

How is it offensive to tell someone Happy Holidays?  Especially if you don't celebrate Christmas?

Quoting Debrowsky:

Quoting mikiemom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN