Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What is the Worst Politically Correct Thing......................to You?

Posted by   + Show Post

What is the worst politically correct thing to you?

Mine is still people calling Easter eggs "Spring Eggs".............................Yet, they still do it on Easter, not March 21st.

banging head into wall

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Replies (51-60):
blues_pagan
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Well that is nice and all but I don't celebrate Christmas, I celebrate Yule which just so happens to fall on Dec. 21st this year.  So no, Jesus isn't the reason for my season.  

So once again, why is it offensive to you that I choose to wish people a Happy Holidays since there happens to be more than just Christmas celebrated within this month.

Quoting Debrowsky:

by removing Christmas trees and poo-pooing the use of Merry Christmas when it is deliberatly used for
CHRISTMAS - the birth of Jesus.   gee, there seems to be a circle of thought here that isn't being caught.

Perhaps this belongs over on the thread where critical thinking is missing with liberals.  oh, my bad.

Quoting blues_pagan:

How is it offensive to tell someone Happy Holidays?  Especially if you don't celebrate Christmas?

Quoting Debrowsky:

Quoting mikiemom:

The thing I can't stand is when someone tries to say they hate being politically correct as an excuse to be an asshole. Such as is the case as screaming Merry Christmas to someone who tells you happy holidays. Or using racial slurs and calling it funny.

ya because in that high and mighty quest to be so politically correct, you stomp all over common sense and rational and offend people anyway.   whoopee!

UpSheRises
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM
2 moms liked this

You can't stop people from being offended. Does your mom know that people can't necessarily tell she's a christian by looking at her? Besides, the kind of person who gets upset when someone doesn't send the well wishes in the exact manner they'd like is i just looking for something to complain about.

Quoting erika9009:

What if the politically correct thing is offensive???

So like Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.  If you say "Happy Holidays" my mom, she will correct you like no ones business.  If she knows you are Jewish, you get Happy Hanukkah from her.

She is not the only one.  I lady in front of me got mad at the cashier at Safeway because she said Happy Holidays, not Merry Christmas.

You know, we Californians are too uptight................................LOL

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Doesn't bother me. Rather be politically correct than being offensive.

mikiemom
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Actually it's the other way around in your attempt to justify your rude asshole behavior you forget what common courtesy is.

Quoting Debrowsky:

Quoting mikiemom:

The thing I can't stand is when someone tries to say they hate being politically correct as an excuse to be an asshole. Such as is the case as screaming Merry Christmas to someone who tells you happy holidays. Or using racial slurs and calling it funny.

ya because in that high and mighty quest to be so politically correct, you stomp all over common sense and rational and offend people anyway.   whoopee!

Debrowsky
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Once again.... you go right ahead..... but don't stop the rest of us from saying Merry Christmas for the event that it is actually pertaining to, so yes, Jesus is the reason for C H R I S T M A S .

Quoting blues_pagan:

Well that is nice and all but I don't celebrate Christmas, I celebrate Yule which just so happens to fall on Dec. 21st this year.  So no, Jesus isn't the reason for my season.  

So once again, why is it offensive to you that I choose to wish people a Happy Holidays since there happens to be more than just Christmas celebrated within this month.

Quoting Debrowsky:

by removing Christmas trees and poo-pooing the use of Merry Christmas when it is deliberatly used for
CHRISTMAS - the birth of Jesus.   gee, there seems to be a circle of thought here that isn't being caught.

Perhaps this belongs over on the thread where critical thinking is missing with liberals.  oh, my bad.

Quoting blues_pagan:

How is it offensive to tell someone Happy Holidays?  Especially if you don't celebrate Christmas?

Quoting Debrowsky:

Quoting mikiemom:

cableknit
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:18 PM
"Little people"

Honestly, it sounds more offensive than midget in my opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I am not stopping you from doing it I am just wondering why it is that you (general you) get so offended when a business request that their employees be all inclusive when they ask for them to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "merry Christmas".  

Is it so important for people to have their faith affirmed in the use of Merry Christmas over Happy Holidays?

Quoting Debrowsky:

Once again.... you go right ahead..... but don't stop the rest of us from saying Merry Christmas for the event that it is actually pertaining to, so yes, Jesus is the reason for C H R I S T M A S .

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting Debrowsky:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting Debrowsky:

Quoting mikiemom:

mikiemom
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

The person saying happy holidays is being polite because they don't know what you celebrate. The person screaming Merry Christmas is an asshole. - they then turn around and say being PC pisses them off, it's just an excuse to be an asshole.

Please explain how saying Happy Holidays to someone that I don't know what they celebrate is rude behavior.

Quoting Debrowsky:

Quoting mikiemom:

mikiemom
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Actually it is you who are not comprehending that not all people celebrate Christmas. So therefore in an effort to be respectful to all we say Happy Holidays - which by the way covers Christmas but also covers in case the person celebrates Yule, Chanukah, Diwali, Ramadan, Kwanzaa etc. Why do you have to be an asshole to all of those people? Why can't you see beyond your beliefs?

Quoting Debrowsky:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting Debrowsky:

Quoting mikiemom:

Debrowsky
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

You are such a sweetheart.   Here we are talking about people enjoying what they always have enjoyed in PUBLIC for decades, and now that we speak up against those who are trying to deny that, we become the assholes.   Nice. real nice.       this has been a real live lesson on how to really listen to the elderly. 

You take the lead on this class, sweetness.  wink

Quoting mikiemom:

Actually it's the other way around in your attempt to justify your rude asshole behavior you forget what common courtesy is.

Quoting Debrowsky:

Quoting mikiemom:

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Laugh all you want. It's the truth.

Quoting imamomzilla:

sidesplittinglaughter

Thanks for the laughs.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Doesn't bother me. Rather be politically correct than being offensive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN