Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

The rich will pay more taxes

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

The rich will pay more taxes, Boehner says

Source: wisn.com (cnn)news

WASHINGTON (CNN) — 

Taxes on the wealthy are going up, House Speaker John Boehner conceded on Wednesday in challenging President Barack Obama to sit down with him to hammer out a deal for avoiding the fiscal cliff. 

Obama, however, continued to insist on Republicans first ensuring no tax hike for anyone but the top 2% of Americans as a first step toward a broader agreement on tackling the nation's chronic federal deficits and debt. 

The statements reflected how negotiations on the automatic spending cuts and tax hikes set to occur on January 1 -- the fiscal cliff -- have evolved since Obama's re-election last month. 

Republicans once opposed to any new revenue in their quest to shrink government now realize Obama's victory and public support for the president's campaign theme of higher taxes on the wealthy leave them with little negotiating leverage. 




Read more: http://www.wisn.com/politics/The-rich-will-pay-more-taxes-Boehner-says/-/9373216/17663546/-/oo9fum/-/index.html 
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
_Kissy_
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Hiding and watching....


But Hallelujah..

_Kissy_
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:06 PM

If you live in a society and prosper from it, in any way, then you should give back to it to make it prosperous for future generations.

edelweiss23
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:11 PM
I think they should tax the ultra rich( like making over 1 mil a year) higher.

My dad figured out that he pays 3 months wages(he is a peditrician) in taxes every year, with a hike, he will pay more in taxes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mustbeGRACE
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:24 PM

.....and the middle class will see less job development.

Which will work out good for the 47 % who never intended to go to work.

But at least they'll feel good about  EVERYONE getting screwed.

Funding the government for 8 days with revenue from the wealthy will have been worth feeling good.

For a little while.

Obama is truly a piece of chit.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:27 PM


Quoting _Kissy_:

Hiding and watching....

 

But Hallelujah..


Why Hallelujah?

How does this affect your life?

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Sadly it is not about funding the Govenment, it is about punishment.

It is nothing more than a trophy.

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

.....and the middle class will see less job development.

Which will work out good for the 47 % who never intended to go to work.

But at least they'll feel good about  EVERYONE getting screwed.

Funding the government for 8 days with revenue from the wealthy will have been worth feeling good.

For a little while.

Obama is truly a piece of chit.


imamomzilla
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:33 PM
2 moms liked this

 How sad that we punish those who work hard and reward the lazy lot.

The world is upside down.

SIGHS


erika9009
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I think everyone should have to pay something that are above the poverty line.  Everyone should have a stake in the game so to speak.  $10 min income tax is not unreasonable.  Maybe, just maybe, the politicians will stop buying votes for power with free stuff.


Canvas_says
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Today it's the "rich" tomorrow it's the middle class, the government can only get so many dollars out of that 2% of the population. They will get the most out of the other 98% as a block and will do it when you're not looking. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN