Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

California teachers union video features ‘rich’ urinating on the ‘poor’

Posted by   + Show Post

SACRAMENTO – A new video produced by the California Federation of Teachers – which, if you live the broke state of CA~ could be playing in your child’s classroom...

http://www.cft.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwg4DB-EeEA&sns=em

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
rccmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I was going to say of course it wouldn't be shown to children, but knowing some teachers, you never know. I do highly doubt it.

If you think all animation is only for children, there is a whole world of Anime you should be aware of. A lot of it is not meant for children and deal with more adult subject matter.

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

How do you know it wasn't shown to children? It's a cartoon who else do you think it would be shown/targeted to? Oh yep besides simple minded people.

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting jcrew6:

A biased joke put together with union dues?  By educators?  Immature and classless.  Not who I would want educating my kids. 

Quoting rccmom:

The video won't play. I am assuming it is in reference to the "Trickle Down Theory." That has been a joke now for a while.

It wasn't shown to children. I can't see it though cause it won't play on my computer. It does kind of show how well trickle down economics works though.

rccmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Not all animated creations are meant for children.

Quoting jcrew6:

California teachers make a cartoon.  But, it wasn't meant for children.  Hrmmm.

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

How do you know it wasn't shown to children? It's a cartoon who else do you think it would be shown/targeted to? Oh yep besides simple minded people.

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting jcrew6:

A biased joke put together with union dues?  By educators?  Immature and classless.  Not who I would want educating my kids. 

Quoting rccmom:

The video won't play. I am assuming it is in reference to the "Trickle Down Theory." That has been a joke now for a while.

It wasn't shown to children. I can't see it though cause it won't play on my computer. It does kind of show how well trickle down economics works though.

Friday
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Quoting rccmom:

I was going to say of course it wouldn't be shown to children, but knowing some teachers, you never know. I do highly doubt it.

If you think all animation is only for children, there is a whole world of Anime you should be aware of. A lot of it is not meant for children and deal with more adult subject matter.

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting rccmom:

Not even Anime, The Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy, Heavy Metal, Fritz the Cat. Def not for kids.

Church of The Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves)

rccmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Quoting Friday:

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting rccmom:

Not even Anime, The Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy, Heavy Metal, Fritz the Cat. Def not for kids.

True. Funny they didn't cross my mind. My daughter is a big Anime fan though and I've seen some complex story lines, and adult content that made very captivating stories, but often there is a vampire involved. Blood Plus was really interesting.

mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Yeah but the teachers union made this. What wouldbe the purpose of them making it? To show it to Mickey Mouse? Further do rich celebs know how utterly retarded they look making fun of themselves. Oh becuase they are all so deserving of getting millions while poor suffer.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting rccmom:

Friday
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Yeah but the teachers union made this. What wouldbe the purpose of them making it? To show it to Mickey Mouse? Further do rich celebs know how utterly retarded they look making fun of themselves. Oh becuase they are all so deserving of getting millions while poor suffer.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting rccmom:

Beats me. I know they didn't show it to my Cali public school educated kids, not even the high schooler.

Church of The Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves)

jcrew6
by Jenney on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

You are forgetting WHO made the cartoon. 

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting rccmom:

rccmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:38 AM

No, I'm not. Teachers are capable of creating presentations for adults also. Chances are since it was made by the union, it was meant as a politcal message for other union members, not the children in classes, though I could see it being discussed by a high school govt class. 

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting rccmom:

jcrew6
by Jenney on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's classless and an immature representation from educators. They should seek higher standards.  Given California's state of affairs, I can think of better messages teachers should be sending through their union.  

Quoting rccmom:

No, I'm not. Teachers are capable of creating presentations for adults also. Chances are since it was made by the union, it was meant as a politcal message for other union members, not the children in classes, though I could see it being discussed by a high school govt class. 

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting rccmom:

imamomzilla
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM

See Ed Asner's response? Ew.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)