Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Republicans...

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:43 AM
  • 97 Replies
6 moms liked this

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imamomzilla
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:44 AM
7 moms liked this

Gotta love the smell of partisan crapola in the morning.

jcrew6
by Jenney on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:47 AM
4 moms liked this

Why do you feel the need to arbitrarily call out  a single population? (And with lies no less).  

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:02 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting jcrew6:

Why do you feel the need to arbitrarily call out  a single population? (And with lies no less).  

Bigotry

blues_pagan
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:47 AM
6 moms liked this

let's see they denied a veterans job bill...

(AP) WASHINGTON - Senate Republicans blocked legislation Wednesday that would have established a $1 billion jobs program putting veterans back to work tending to the country's federal lands and bolstering local police and fire departments.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57517160/senate-gop-blocks-veterans-jobs-bill/

And they are definitely against taking care of children who are poor.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/opinion/krugman-moochers-against-welfare.html

So please tell me how it is that many people here post things about Liberals that are severely bias (like the top 20 list that zilla posted) and they are lauded as truth-telling debate gods but then something like this is posted and the more conservative of posters come out to call me a liar.  You all are hilarious :)

jcrew6
by Jenney on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:50 AM
9 moms liked this

Why do you simply look at who voted yay or nay and not WHY they voted that way.  Just because the title says veterans jobs bill, doesn't mean it must be passed.   They voted no because there was no details on HOW to pay for the bill.   In case you didn't know, the Feds can't just keep printing money.   Wow. 

Quoting blues_pagan:

(AP) WASHINGTON - Senate Republicans blocked legislation Wednesday that would have established a $1 billion jobs program putting veterans back to work tending to the country's federal lands and bolstering local police and fire departments.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57517160/senate-gop-blocks-veterans-jobs-bill/

So please tell me how it is that many people here post things about Liberals that are severely bias (like the top 20 list that zilla posted) and they are lauded as truth-telling debate gods but then something like this is posted and the more conservative of posters come out to call me a liar.  You all are hilarious :)

jcrew6
by Jenney on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:52 AM
6 moms liked this

Because Krugman says republicans are against children and the poor in an OP-Ed, you believe him?  Psssts, commentary are not about facts. They are about opinions.  

Quoting blues_pagan:

jcrew6
by Jenney on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:55 AM
3 moms liked this

That was my point.  There are quite a few liberals on here who have said or agreed with the notion it isn't right for conservatives to call out/go after only liberals.   But, they only seem to focus on calling out conservatives and not liberals.   I'm wondering when they will comment on your post. ;) 

Quoting blues_pagan:

blues_pagan
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

One of the committee members came out and said that the bill was paid for and didn't violate any pay rules for such bills.

owever, Veterans Jobs Corps bill co-sponsor Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) said on the Senate floor today that “this bill is fully paid for and does not violate pay-go rules.” (The New York Times said Murray’s aides say “say the program will be paid for by recovering more money from tax-delinquent Medicare providers and forcing big tax deadbeats to pay up before receiving passports.”)

Murray even tried to include most of the provisions of a competing Republican bill but Democrats still ran into opposition. Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) said he would block the measure until the Pakistani doctor that aided the CIA in looking for Osama bin Laden was freed, while Coburn claimed the bill would have no chance of passing the House so it wasn’t worth the effort.

“I’ve been surprised at the many obstacles and weird arguments that have been thrown at us,” Murray told the Washington Post.

The jobless rate for Iraq and Afghanistan war vets, while steadily declining, is still higher than the national average, yet congressional Republicans remain “resolute in their commitment to deny the Democrats anything that looks like an accomplishment in an election year.”

Quoting jcrew6:

Why do you simply look at who voted yay or nay and not WHY they voted that way.  Just because the title says veterans jobs bill, doesn't mean it must be passed.   They voted no because there was no details on HOW to pay for the bill.   In case you didn't know, the Feds can't just keep printing money.   Wow. 

Quoting blues_pagan:

blues_pagan
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you seen how many op-eds are posted here and celebrated as truth.  Once again, why are you so picky when someone like me posts something like this but don't say a word when one of the people you agree with does it...

I am purely stating my opinion from the things I have seen and the experience I have had with politicians, especially Republican ones.

Quoting jcrew6:

Because Krugman says republicans are against children and the poor in an OP-Ed, you believe him?  Psssts, commentary are not about facts. They are about opinions.  

Quoting blues_pagan:

jcrew6
by Jenney on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this

“This violates the Budget Control Act, there is no dispute about it,” Jeff Sessions said.

“The bill will not even go through the House and it violates the Constitution because it says revenue bills must be started in the House ... [and] this is a revenue bill.”

The $1 billion bill was to have paid for itself with new revenue over 10 years. However, Republicans stated this bill allowed for more spending from the Veterans Administration than what was agreed to in the Budget Control Act.

Quoting blues_pagan:

One of the committee members came out and said that the bill was paid for and didn't violate any pay rules for such bills.

owever, Veterans Jobs Corps bill co-sponsor Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) said on the Senate floor today that “this bill is fully paid for and does not violate pay-go rules.” (The New York Times said Murray’s aides say “say the program will be paid for by recovering more money from tax-delinquent Medicare providers and forcing big tax deadbeats to pay up before receiving passports.”)

Murray even tried to include most of the provisions of a competing Republican bill but Democrats still ran into opposition. Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) said he would block the measure until the Pakistani doctor that aided the CIA in looking for Osama bin Laden was freed, while Coburn claimed the bill would have no chance of passing the House so it wasn’t worth the effort.

“I’ve been surprised at the many obstacles and weird arguments that have been thrown at us,” Murray told the Washington Post.

The jobless rate for Iraq and Afghanistan war vets, while steadily declining, is still higher than the national average, yet congressional Republicans remain “resolute in their commitment to deny the Democrats anything that looks like an accomplishment in an election year.”

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN