Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

The Real Root of Atheists' Anti-Christmas Rage

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:35 PM
  • 270 Replies
10 moms liked this

Why do some atheists embarrass themselves year after year trying to eradicate Christmas from American culture? Why do they make themselves societal hemorrhoids during this hallowed season? Is it because they are crusaders for equality, secularism’s saviors and humanism’s heroes? I’m sure that’s what they tell themselves when they’re pouting on their couches all alone on Christmas Eve after every single one of their friends has dumped them for being a rabid jackass.

I believe, however—and I could be wrong—that the reason some rage against the machine is that they hate God and love their sin, and bringing up Jesus in December is not the way they wanted to finish off the year. Indeed, Christ really rains on their parade … and they love their parade.

Christmas, if you really get down to the brass tacks of it, isn’t about reindeer, elves, iPhones or Lindsay Lohan punching a gypsy, but about mankind’s sin problem and what God did to remedy it by sending His Son.

I know the chief facet most people focus on regarding Christ’s birth has been the peace on earth and good will toward men stuff, but if you dig around in the gospels a tad you’ll quickly see that the “peace on earth” thing is an ancillary perk to the main reason the second person of the godhead donned an earth suit and decided to hang out with us dunderheads. The core cause that necessitated Jesus’ incarnation was our jacked up carnality. Yep, Hambone, it was our sin. There, I said it. Sin. Yours, mine and ours.

Transgression was the reason for the season.

This is why El Diablo didn’t pass out cigars at Jesus’ birth. Happy he was not that the Son was not only going to address our sins but He was going to eternally and temporally salvage those who believe from sin’s fetid effects. This is why slewfoot energized Herod to put a hit out on the Nazarene when He was a wee little baby and why Satan’s demon inspired ilk are anti-Christmas to this day. Jesus’ birth equated to Satan’s demise.

This is not good news to some, though. Indeed, many atheists are up front about it and don’t want to leave their wantonness. As Jesus Himself said, they prefer darkness to light and don’t like to be reminded of their personal accountability for their sin—and thus their need for salvation—and therefore we should not expect them to be stoked about Jesus’ birthday party.

This is easy math, folks: A person who has no remorse and thus no desire to repent from their sins is probably not going to be a big advocate for the celebration of the person who reminds them they’re wrong and calls them to repent and believe.

Call me goofy, but I’m forever grateful for Jesus’ birth, His attesting miracles, His sacrificial death, burial and resurrection. While most atheists this Christmas will be drinking to forget, I will, as Martin Luther said, drink to remember the One who was and is and is to come.

http:/ / townhall. com/columnists/douggiles/2012/12/02/the_real_root_of_atheists_antichristmas_rage/page/full/

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imamomzilla
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:35 PM
3 moms liked this

IMHO, of course.

blues_pagan
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:41 PM
5 moms liked this

Eh, that is a narrow view of the meaning of this time of year.  For me it is about winter solstice, birth from death and remembering deceased relatives.  Yule is the reason for my season, which falls on Dec. 21st this year.  It has been the reason for the season for many throughout many years that date back to BC.

imamomzilla
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

happy holidays

Quoting blues_pagan:

Eh, that is a narrow view of the meaning of this time of year.  For me it is about winter solstice, birth from death and remembering deceased relatives.  Yule is the reason for my season, which falls on Dec. 21st this year.  It has been the reason for the season for many throughout many years that date back to BC.

Friday
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM
12 moms liked this

This is beyond stupid. Atheists don't hate your god any more than you hate Thor. Making up reasons for people that you(general) don't like, do the things they do just so you can insult them is completely lame.

"The problem with the world today is there are too many stupid people.....and no one to eat em!"

~Carlos Mencia

MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:49 PM
6 moms liked this

I can't speak for them, cause I love love love Christmas, but my guess is because they actually dislike having religious edicts shoved down their throat 365 days of the year, but during Christmas it is particularly obnoxious.

That would be my guess. 

Debrowsky
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:54 PM
5 moms liked this

I have seen way too much of what this writer describes around me, and it's growing each year more and more.   Sad testament to what this country has become.

I especially loved this ~   but I’m forever grateful for Jesus’ birth, His attesting miracles, His sacrificial death, burial and resurrection. While most atheists this Christmas will be drinking to forget, I will, as Martin Luther said, drink to remember the One who was and is and is to come.

paknari
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:55 PM
7 moms liked this
I never understood the rage either. I'm Christian but it has never bothered me to see other religions celebrating and being happy. I don't he offended because It seams silly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simply_Janeen
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I love Christmas. I have loved Christmas since I was a kid, loved it since before I knew what the reason people celebrate it was. I am an atheist married to a Christian and he does not celebrate Christmas. In fact, he sees Christmas as an evil, pagan holiday that no Christian should be celebrating. He would GLARE at me whenever I put up a tree, call me REBELLIOUS for buying Christmas gifts for our children, and just in general make December a difficult time of year for me. Some years I basically tell him what he can do with himself and celebrate it as much as I can and other years I don't even have the energy to fight with him about it.

There are a number of Christians like him, Christians who will look at you putting up your tree and look down on you. These are Christians who will say that you're morally inferior to them because you celebrate Christmas and they don't and because they don't, they will be looked at more favorably by their god. It's crazy, yes, but that is how some Christians feel. You think atheists are bad, meet up with one of these people. And for your reading entertainment:

http://www.biblestudy.org/basicart/how-does-god-celebrate-christmas.html

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM
4 moms liked this

You should do a poll and ask how many atheists want to eradicate Christmas. I personally know none that do.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Friday:

This is beyond stupid. Atheists don't hate your god any more than you hate Thor. Making up reasons for people that you(general) don't like, do the things they do just so you can insult them is completely lame.

tsk tsk

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)