Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

The Real Root of Atheists' Anti-Christmas Rage

Posted by   + Show Post

Why do some atheists embarrass themselves year after year trying to eradicate Christmas from American culture? Why do they make themselves societal hemorrhoids during this hallowed season? Is it because they are crusaders for equality, secularism’s saviors and humanism’s heroes? I’m sure that’s what they tell themselves when they’re pouting on their couches all alone on Christmas Eve after every single one of their friends has dumped them for being a rabid jackass.

I believe, however—and I could be wrong—that the reason some rage against the machine is that they hate God and love their sin, and bringing up Jesus in December is not the way they wanted to finish off the year. Indeed, Christ really rains on their parade … and they love their parade.

Christmas, if you really get down to the brass tacks of it, isn’t about reindeer, elves, iPhones or Lindsay Lohan punching a gypsy, but about mankind’s sin problem and what God did to remedy it by sending His Son.

I know the chief facet most people focus on regarding Christ’s birth has been the peace on earth and good will toward men stuff, but if you dig around in the gospels a tad you’ll quickly see that the “peace on earth” thing is an ancillary perk to the main reason the second person of the godhead donned an earth suit and decided to hang out with us dunderheads. The core cause that necessitated Jesus’ incarnation was our jacked up carnality. Yep, Hambone, it was our sin. There, I said it. Sin. Yours, mine and ours.

Transgression was the reason for the season.

This is why El Diablo didn’t pass out cigars at Jesus’ birth. Happy he was not that the Son was not only going to address our sins but He was going to eternally and temporally salvage those who believe from sin’s fetid effects. This is why slewfoot energized Herod to put a hit out on the Nazarene when He was a wee little baby and why Satan’s demon inspired ilk are anti-Christmas to this day. Jesus’ birth equated to Satan’s demise.

This is not good news to some, though. Indeed, many atheists are up front about it and don’t want to leave their wantonness. As Jesus Himself said, they prefer darkness to light and don’t like to be reminded of their personal accountability for their sin—and thus their need for salvation—and therefore we should not expect them to be stoked about Jesus’ birthday party.

This is easy math, folks: A person who has no remorse and thus no desire to repent from their sins is probably not going to be a big advocate for the celebration of the person who reminds them they’re wrong and calls them to repent and believe.

Call me goofy, but I’m forever grateful for Jesus’ birth, His attesting miracles, His sacrificial death, burial and resurrection. While most atheists this Christmas will be drinking to forget, I will, as Martin Luther said, drink to remember the One who was and is and is to come.

http:/ / townhall. com/columnists/douggiles/2012/12/02/the_real_root_of_atheists_antichristmas_rage/page/full/

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Replies (261-270):
imamomzilla
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:55 AM
2 moms liked this

And yet, here you are "engaging" with me....and lying to boot. Typical.

tsk tsk

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

You are not being used as a punching bag. You have no idea how to engage in a healthy discourse and can't stand it when you and your assertions are challenged. Plain and simple. Like I said, after thanking and commending the guy who shot up the church, I'm just not interested in engaging you.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Nope. I get along with everyone.

There is a 90/10 ratio of libs where I work...them being the majority. I can honestly tell you, NONE of them behave as poorly as some of the CM libs do. If they did, I'd react in kind. Respect is earned.

I think the anonymity gives some libs the courage that they lack IRL. They're bitter and frustrated and need to lash out. Sadly they use Conservies as their punching bags. They hate it when we fight back. ;-)

Too bad.

bad

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Honest question: I know it's the internet and all, but would you behave like this in real life? Are you encouraged to act like this to liberals everywhere or it is just Cafemom-specific?

Quoting imamomzilla:

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting imamomzilla:

BUMP!

SNIP

' I'm so MEAN! Buahahaha "

imamomzilla
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:56 AM
2 moms liked this

EXACTLY!

Quoting Billiejeens:

This.

For far too long Conservatives were just supposed to take it, we don't just take it anymore, libs have no preparation for Conservative thought, there was no mainstream conservative thought when they grew up, everyone agreed with them, just another reason they hate and are terrified of Fox. (and us).

Quoting imamomzilla:

There is a 90/10 ratio of libs where I work...them being the majority. I can honestly tell you, NONE of them behave as poorly as some of the CM libs do. If they did, I'd react in kind. Respect is earned.

I think the anonymity gives some libs the courage that they lack IRL. They're bitter and frustrated and need to lash out. Sadly they use Conservies as their punching bags. They hate it when we fight back. ;-)

Too bad.

bad

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Honest question: I know it's the internet and all, but would you behave like this in real life? Are you encouraged to act like this to liberals everywhere or it is just Cafemom-specific?

Quoting imamomzilla:

snip

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

sidesplittinglaughter That's some funny shit right there. I think you mean "pity", not scared or terrified. Pity.

Quoting Billiejeens:

This.

For far too long Conservatives were just supposed to take it, we don't just take it anymore, libs have no preparation for Conservative thought, there was no mainstream conservative thought when they grew up, everyone agreed with them, just another reason they hate and are terrified of Fox. (and us).

Quoting imamomzilla:

Too bad.

bad

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Quoting imamomzilla:

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting imamomzilla:

BUMP!

SNIP

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Quoting imamomzilla:

And yet, here you are "engaging" with me....and lying to boot. Typical.

tsk tsk

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

You are not being used as a punching bag. You have no idea how to engage in a healthy discourse and can't stand it when you and your assertions are challenged. Plain and simple. Like I said, after thanking and commending the guy who shot up the church, I'm just not interested in engaging you.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Too bad.

bad

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Quoting imamomzilla:

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting imamomzilla:

BUMP!

SNIP

throwing up

imamomzilla
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

*notes lots of engaging.

Are there rules? hmmm....

confused

thecoffeefairy
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:05 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree. You may as well say they hate the tooth fairy or Easter bunny. Atheists don't believe Jesus is real. They don't believe in original sin. Your suggestion indicates they really do believe in this and chose to reject it because they enjoy earthly temptations.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Friday:

This is beyond stupid. Atheists don't hate your god any more than you hate Thor. Making up reasons for people that you(general) don't like, do the things they do just so you can insult them is completely lame.

tsk tsk

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:12 AM

uh huh

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

sidesplittinglaughter That's some funny shit right there. I think you mean "pity", not scared or terrified. Pity.

Quoting Billiejeens:

This.

Quoting imamomzilla:

Too bad.

bad

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Quoting imamomzilla:

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting imamomzilla:

BUMP!

SNIP

Raintree
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I like Christmas, but it's always been more of a seasonal thing for us. Unfortunately, that's going out the window, thanks to the epic drought we're in the middle of.

I don't like how commercialized it is, though. I think that any attack on Christmas stems directly from overly-enthusiastic consumers who trample each other for crappy toasters at Walmart.

LucyMom08
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM
I love this...I always use Occam's Razor as well, haha...

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting Clairwil:

claiming that anything I don't personally interact with doesn't actually exist is the height of hubris.

Yes, but some people assert that because they do not personally interact with God, that God does not exist. That is hubris, just as me assuming the bricks don't exist because I don't see them.   

There's a difference between asserting that NONE of the things you don't interact with don't exist, and asserting that SOME of the things you don't interact with don't exist.

And the reason Atheists generally give is not just that they personally have not interacted with God, but neither can they find any reliable evidence that anyone else has ever interacted with God either.

And, even then, the pedantic ones won't claim that is 100% proof that God doesn't exist; merely that, via Occam's Rasor, there's not need to hypothesise his existence, since realiably observed reality can be equally well explained without Him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamomzilla
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

That's just awful.:-(

Praying for everyone's safety.

We FINALLY have the outside decorated. I couldn't find our giant Santa-forgot that we asked the neighbor to store in in her barn. LOL

sleigh

Quoting pj2becca21:

Their is a group of them in cali near me that has threatened ever house with christams light. They are planning drive by's . It is kinda scary. This is the first time that these threats are going out and the cops dont know what to do.
So yeah these groups are full of hate

nativity

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN