Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

religion

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:41 PM
  • 102 Replies
2 moms liked this

why have we as a society let atheists take all forms of Christianity out of our schools, our neighborhoods and basically our lives. it's sad that our founding fathers fought for our us to be able to have these things and just a handful of people are taking these rights away. it's sad that a group of school kids couldn't even go see "charlie brown Christmas" because it hurt some atheists feelings.

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blues_pagan
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:56 PM
11 moms liked this

Religion doesn't belong in schools.  And did you stop to think that the other people within your neighborhoods or other neighborhoods may not believe as you do and do not want to be met daily with a religion they do not follow in places that are deemed public property (such as court houses).  It would lend itself to being a very unwelcoming environment for people like myself who are not Christian.

As for the rest, they are not taking it out of your life unless you are letting them.  They are not coming into homes and telling you not to practice or show your faith within your own walls.  They are not telling you that you can't go to church. 

Instead they just want it to be a level playing field for all when it is public domain.  

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

How has it been removed? Can you watch Charlie Brown at home?

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM
4 moms liked this

One word

PROPHECY

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Our founding fathers put in our Constitution the separation of church and state.  Religion does not belong in schools.  There are churches for that.  Charlie Brown Christmas is lame anyway.

grace1973
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:26 PM
6 moms liked this

The founding fathers NEVER fought so that religion would be inclusive in school.  Educate yourself and learn that we live in a secular society, and it was designed to be such.  If you want your kids to experience Christian activities, then take them out of the FREE public school system and place them in a private one of your choosing. 

MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:28 PM
5 moms liked this

I think you're exaggerating atheists' power.

I know a lot of Christians.

I know my fair share of atheists.

Occasionally they get together.

I have yet to see any of the Christians come out of these gatherings with their Christianity successfully removed.

MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Um, also. . .

When you suggest that going to see Charlie Brown's Christmas is a religious practice, you really are doing Christians no favors.

I think the point should be that it is entirely possible to enjoy a Christmas show without personally converting.  If the opposite is true, it's more evidence that these types of things should be banned, as a constitutional matter.

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Simply_Janeen
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM

And once upon a time the Christians had enough power to have Christmas completely banned in this country. SO, your point is?

VeronicaTex
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:48 PM
6 moms liked this

Hello, deriksmom.

Veronica here:  I was a teacher in both the Catholic and the Public schools. Together I taught a total of 21 years.

Obviously there was a huge contrast between the two settings. 

Sadly, I had to learn to be very silent about God in the Public School.

I was blessed to work with Bilingual kids from Mexico, Central America and South America who were raised Catholic, Christian, Jehovahs'  Witnesses and other Religions that believed in God.

There was also something very special about those kids that first came to the USA-the time before they became "Americanized."

It was a real shame, but that-what you described is now reality everywhere.

I pray that knowing this about what is happening in our schools encourages people who are Christians to pray even harder and hold so very dear to their hearts that which can never,  and will never be taken from them.

Veronica-Roman Catholic

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)