Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

25 Awesome Portraits Of Couples Just Married In Washington State

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM
  • 14 Replies
6 moms liked this

25 Awesome Portraits Of Couples Just Married In Washington State

Last edited Fri Dec 7, 2012, 09:04 AM USA/ET

(all 25 at the link.... here are a few for now..... I am not responsible for anybody that might cry a little on their laptop....) 

and a bonus pic I found on Jackbeck's post 

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stringtheory
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Lol, is that last one real? Dh says it can't be. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Love it!  And if you notice some of these people have been together for a very long time, longer than most married people in this country.  That says something...

Pema_Jampa
by 2HotTacoTini on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:15 PM

'Bearded Love' -- Everyday couples is what marriage equality looks like

When the first same-sex weddings inWashington state commence on Sunday, among them will be Seattle-area residents Larry Duncan and Randell Shepherd.

Duncan, 56, and Shepherd, 48, caught the eye of photographers in the early morning hours yesterday when King County, Wash., officials began issuing the first marriage licenses to eager gay and lesbian couple.

Larry Duncan and Randell Shepherd.

Seventy-two couples down the line were Duncan, a retired psychiatric nurse, and Shepherd, a computer programmer, of North Bend, Wash. They wore matching duck hunter hats ("a fashion statement," Duncan joked) and matching shoulder-length white beards. They've been together 11 years, reported NBC News.

Titled "Bearded Love," the photo (above) of Duncan and Shepherd taking their oath before obtaining their marriage application went viral on sharing website Reddit, with the all too familiar caption of simply, marriage equality.

"We were at a party and we met eyes and fell in love," Duncan said.

"He came up and asked me out, and I said yes," Shepherd added.

“Enough people have told me, ‘God hates fags,’” Duncan said, who described himself as 'Old South.' “I want someone in a church to say, ‘God loves fags,’ to have that stamp on it.”

ashellbell
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Look at all those sicko's!!!! It's so gross to see people in love, wanting to commit to their spouse forever. These people are ruining marriage for the rest of us!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Beautiful! I will never, ever understand any argument against allowing this to happen, and I've probably heard them all. The progress the LGBT community is making is fantastic, and hopefully one day we'll look back on such discrimination with the same disgust that we do with Jim Crow laws.
kailu1835
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM

So beautiful :)

Friday
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Quoting Erinelizz:

Beautiful! I will never, ever understand any argument against allowing this to happen, and I've probably heard them all. The progress the LGBT community is making is fantastic, and hopefully one day we'll look back on such discrimination with the same disgust that we do with Jim Crow laws.

cableknit
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:28 PM

<3 Heart warming, true love. 

This makes me so happy. Go Washington State, woo!! :)

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Okay...so you know how married couples start to kind of look like eachother after a while? Almost all of the couples look like eachother! It's so sweet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peanutx3
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Love this. Thank you for posting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)