Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

“Gangnam Style” rapper: Sorry about how those lyrics about killing U.S. soldiers and their families “could be interpreted”

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM
  • 15 Replies

[I]n 2004, a Korean missionary was captured in Iraq by Islamists who demanded that South Korea not send troops to aid America in the war in Iraq. Seoul refused to negotiate and the missionary was beheaded. The result: massive protests throughout Korea against both Muslim extremism and the U.S. military for indirectly bringing this fate upon a Korean missionary.

As part of the protests, PSY and several other popular Korean musicians put on a live performance of a Korean rock band’s song “Dear American.” When PSY’s turn came, he rapped:

Kill those f*cking Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives
Kill those f*cking Yankees who ordered them to torture
Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers
Kill them all slowly and painfully

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcrew6
by Jenney on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:02 AM
2 moms liked this

IMO,he is only sorry because he wants American fame and $ 

imamomzilla
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Wow. What a yucky thing to say.

Deport him. Let the gov't take all his million$.

jcrew6
by Jenney on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting imamomzilla:

Wow. What a yucky thing to say.

Deport him. Let the gov't take all his million$.

I don't think he is a us citizen. But, as far as I'm concerned~ he can stay in Korea. 

Rhodin
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this

So, how does hating on America and the Iraqi war make him any different than most American musicians?  I don't see people lining up to protest Green Day (for instance).

colins_mom
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

or system of a down for that matter. in their album BYOB, they have a whole song talking about how the military is horrible, how they aim enlistment at poor men who need to feed their families and pay for school.

**correction, its the album Mezmerize. its the song BYOB. and is primarily about the Iraqi war after 9/11**

Quoting Rhodin:

So, how does hating on America and the Iraqi war make him any different than most American musicians?  I don't see people lining up to protest Green Day (for instance).

kailu1835
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:41 PM

What a dick.

Canvas_says
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:25 PM
2 moms liked this

There was a lot of flack given for their song "American Idiot" but than again their Canadian so lol... Now the Dixie Chicks they were finished for their remarks. 

Quoting Rhodin:

jcrew6
by Jenney on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM
I don't give Green day, for example, a penny of my money. So, it's no different, IMO.

Quoting Rhodin:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
imamomzilla
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think it's a coincidence that he was invited to perform at the WH. This administration seems to thrive on drama and controversy around Christmas. Remember the communist ornaments? LOL

paknari
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM
2 moms liked this
This is really bad. It's one thin to protest the military and war and another to say that you should kill people and their families. What happened to the missionary is horrible and instead of adressi g the killers grief was turned into hate and placed where I didn't belong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN