Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Light a Candle if you like your benefits

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:41 PM
  • 22 Replies

LIGHT A CANDLE

Today at hundreds of candlelight vigils, working families will make clear we need to protect Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security benefits, and we won’t sacrifice our security so the richest 2% can get more tax breaks. Join the virtual vigil online to make your voice heard.

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:19 AM
7 moms liked this

The current administration has already pulled money from these programs plus has marked several more million to be cut out of defense spending - how is it you are trying to protect your security by aligning yourself with this?  I prefer the country have jobs.  More people working means a better economy means more money appropriately spent on social programs where needed.  SMDH, a virtual vigil to kill jobs, what next?!

mustbeGRACE
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:20 AM
7 moms liked this

If  revenue from proposed tax hikes on the rich could only fund the government for 9 days,  how's that going to "protect" Medicaid?

More covetous, inane class warfare.

Silly, pathetic people.

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
You think extending the tax cuts for top earners will create jobs? If that's true, please explain the past 6 years. No, jobs will be created when middle and working class people have more money to spend and when we invest in infrastructure. Job creators have no reason to create jobs unless people have money to spend on their products.

And we can afford to cut some money from defense.

Quoting Analeigh2012:

The current administration has already pulled money from these programs plus has marked several more million to be cut out of defense spending - how is it you are trying to protect your security by aligning yourself with this?  I prefer the country have jobs.  More people working means a better economy means more money appropriately spent on social programs where needed.  SMDH, a virtual vigil to kill jobs, what next?!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
imamomzilla
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:04 AM
4 moms liked this

Brought to you by the Union. No thanks.

I'll light a candle at my CHURCH instead.

christmas service

poetrypoem.com

mustbeGRACE
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:15 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Erinelizz:

You think extending the tax cuts for top earners will create jobs? If that's true, please explain the past 6 years. No, jobs will be created when middle and working class people have more money to spend and when we invest in infrastructure. Job creators have no reason to create jobs unless people have money to spend on their products.

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Please don't tell me that you actually believe Obama cares to create jobs in the private sector.

He has had no intention of doing that.

"Progress" comes of "crisis".

Ahhh, the mislead.....

eye rolling

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Ahhh, the psychological benefits you guys must get from calling everyone who doesn't agree with you "the misled" or "low information citizens".

Please, do tell...what does Obama want to do then? Wait a minute while I get my tin foil hat, just in case.

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Quoting Erinelizz:

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Please don't tell me that you actually believe Obama cares to create jobs in the private sector.

Ahhh, the mislead.....

eye rolling

mustbeGRACE
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Quoting Erinelizz:

Ahhh, the psychological benefits you guys must get from calling everyone who doesn't agree with you "the misled" or "low information citizens".

Please, do tell...what does Obama want to do then? Wait a minute while I get my tin foil hat, just in case.

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Quoting Erinelizz:

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Ahhh, the mislead.....

eye rolling

Why don't you just leave it on?

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Still waiting to hear about Obama and his true intentions. If this has anything to do with Muslims and world domination, I might just have to keep it on.

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Quoting Erinelizz:

Quoting mustbeGRACE:

Quoting Erinelizz:

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Ahhh, the mislead.....

eye rolling

Why don't you just leave it on?

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:16 AM
4 moms liked this

Better idea: light a candle and make a commitment to start your own business in 2013, so you can work for yourself and provide your own benefits. And have the opportunitiy to deal personally with the costs of Obamacare and all the unfunded mandates and regulations our President has placed on American businesses and American citizens. 

That is the true candle lighting ceremony.

Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:20 AM
2 moms liked this
According to Democrats and President Obama, there has been tremendous and steady job growth over the last four years.... So are you now disagreeing with them?

And yes, I do believe extending these tax cuts will help to create jobs. The tax cuts are not just for the top 2% earners, these tax cuts are wide spread and affect many more people.

If those cuts are extended and Obamacare was repealed, you would see businesses across the country opening up requisitions left and right. Jobs would be plentiful!

Quoting Erinelizz:

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN