• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why didn’t Barack Obama mention Fort Hood during the Sandy Hook vigil?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:52 AM
  • 15 Replies

Last night Barack Obama took to the airwaves during the Sandy Hook vigil and although he didn’t come right out and say it he made the argument for the new gun control regulations he had hoped to gain support for when he implemented Fast and Furious.

During this speech he mentioned that since he has been president there have been four massacres–Tucson, Aurora, Oak Creek, and Newtown–and he even brought up Columbine and Blacksburg to strengthen his case.

But the truth is there hasn’t been four massacres since he assumed the position he currently holds, there has been five, but for some reason he didn’t see fit to mention the Fort Hood massacre during his Sandy Hook speech.

Why is that? Most of us know why, but if you don’t know why Mark Levin has the answer for you and he even manages to tie in the hypocrisy of an assault weapons ban on Americans after Barack Obama was selling AK-47s to drug lords:

Note: There is an additional two minutes to this monologue which I wasn’t able to post here but can be heard at The Right Scoop.

http:/ /americaswatchtower .com/2012/12/17/why-didnt-barack-obama-mention-fort-hood-during-the-sandy-hook-vigil/

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imamomzilla
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:55 AM

hmmm...

nativity

Canvas_says
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:57 AM

" Work Place Violence" doesn't cause the same tug at the heart strings as talking about school shootings. 

rccmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Do I really have to listen to Levin's voice? CAn you just give me the reason, or a transcript of what he said?

I would guess because one was a military shooting, and to me seems a bit different. Don't know why, but it just contextually seem different to me. They called it work place violence, but I wonder if it shouldn't have been called treason.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM

really, we're going to complain because he left that out?

grasping at straws, aren't we?

jillianmayasmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
He left out the Chardon school shooting from last year too. It doesn't change his point.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:05 AM
3 moms liked this

Or border control agent Brian Terry. Because the O administration considers these murders "workplace violence".

_Kissy_
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:07 AM
He'd be there forever acknowledging all the gun related deaths just in the last 10 yrs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:08 AM

2 completely different things.  One was an attack on a military base and was connected directly a terrorist group.  The other was an act of mindless violence on school children.  

I wouldn't call the Ford Hood act a massacre, that was an act of terror.

blues_pagan
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

She is always grasping.  It is what she does.  

Well that and this...

toddler tantrum

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

really, we're going to complain because he left that out?

grasping at straws, aren't we?

Ednarooni160
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Obama will defuse what he thinks will go against his agenda..and he will USE what will go FOR his agenda..  He made mention of Trayvon Martin..said he could have been his son..(several tried to get gun laws on the table then)....gave executive privelege to Holder concering Fast and Furious..several Mexicans and Terry were killed over that one.. And we can't consider the guy at Fort Hood a terrorist  because then that would mean that they LIVE here..amongst us..in high and even  "security" known positions...  (IMO) this administration will try and ban guns..  .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)