Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does America Hate Its Children?

Pema_Jampa
BHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Yesterday at 4:05 PM
AC/DC - Shot Down In Flames (Official Video)

Music video by AC/DC performing Shot Down In Flames. (C) 1980 J. Albert & Son (Pty.) Ltd.

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:32 AM
  • 8 Replies

Does America Hate Its Children? We do not protect them from poverty, disease, or guns.

http://www.alternet.org/does-america-hate-its-children 

America’s children seem to be shortchanged on almost every issue we face as a society. 

Not only are we failing to protect our children from deranged people wielding semi-automatic guns. 

We’re not protecting them from poverty. The rate of child poverty keeps rising – even faster than the rate of adult poverty. 

And we’re not protecting their health. Rates of child diabetes and asthma continue to climb. 

If we go over the “fiscal cliff” without a budget deal, several programs focused on the wellbeing of children will be axed — education, child nutrition, school lunches, children’s health, Head Start. Even if we avoid the cliff, any “grand bargain” to tame to deficit is likely to jeopardize them. 

At the same time, states and localities have been slashing preschool and after-school programs, child care, family services, recreation, and mental-health services. 

Why?
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
emeraldangel2.0
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I have to ask the same thing. No one has answered me when I ask why do people still think guns are more important that children's lives. they cant answer me. because they have no legitimate answer

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:55 AM

This country only pays lip service to caring for our children.  When the rubber meets the road, "we" really don't.  It's frustrating.

jcrew6
by Jenney on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this
So, who is at fault: people lacking personal responsibility? Or a nation?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jcrew6:

What difference does it make whose fault it is?

We either care that kids are hungry, healthy, and safe, or we don't.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Quoting jcrew6:

both

Rebecca-vi

My Blog                                          Head Admin

imamomzilla
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Sadly, I think SOME do....they keep aborting them.

sad

jcrew6
by Jenney on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Equally to blame? No. The individual owns much of the responsibility. The crazy ass 20 year old broke the law, stole a weapon. Continued to break the law, enter a school with a firearm, kill children and adults.

More children die of accidental injuries ( Car crashes, suffocation, drowning, poisoning, fires, and falls). Who failed the children in those cases?

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Quoting jcrew6:

both

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Accidents happen (which sadly many of the other circumstances you mention often are). What happened in Newtown was no accident.

And the key is "enter a school with a FIREARM." Had he not had access to a semi automatic weapon, he wouldn't have killed all those children.

Why can't you gun lovers get that?

Quoting jcrew6:

Equally to blame? No. The individual owns much of the responsibility. The crazy ass 20 year old broke the law, stole a weapon. Continued to break the law, enter a school with a firearm, kill children and adults.

More children die of accidental injuries ( Car crashes, suffocation, drowning, poisoning, fires, and falls). Who failed the children in those cases?

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Quoting jcrew6:

both

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)