Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Checking Papers in Arkansas

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:25 PM
  • 8 Replies

Paragould, Arkansas Police to Check Everyone's ID in 2013

Source: opposingviews.com

Paragould, Arkansas has only 25,000 people, but is one of the most dangerous towns in America. ... 

At a town hall meeting, last Thursday, Mayor Mike Gaskill and Police Chief Todd Stovall endorsed a plan to send police in SWAT gear and carrying AR-15s into downtown Paragould starting in 2013, reports the Paragould Daily Press. 

Chief Stovall told the Paragould Daily Press: "This fear is what's given us the reason to do this. Once I have stats and people saying they're scared, we can do this. It allows us to do what we're fixing to do." 

"If you're out walking, we're going to stop you, ask why you're out walking, check for your ID. To ask you for your ID, I have to have a reason. Well, I've got statistical reasons that say I've got a lot of crime right now, which gives me probable cause ....

Read more: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/paragould-arkansas-police-check-everyones-id-2013 

Hmmm...this is worrisome.
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
_Kissy_
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Are they gonna put tags on suspicious people..SMH

paknari
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Wow that's way crazy. In trouble for walking? I can see having more of a police presence in public places such as malls, schools etc, but this is not right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:31 PM

His excuse is because of a high crime rate.

You want to talk high crime rate go to a major city.  You don't see armed SWAT like cops walking around there.  

Quoting paknari:

Wow that's way crazy. In trouble for walking? I can see having more of a police presence in public places such as malls, schools etc, but this is not right.

nanaofsix531
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice just like 1940's Europe run by Hitler.Great.

blues_pagan
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Oh and guess where this state leans...RIGHT!

paknari
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Yeah I live in Phoenix and we have no craziness like this.

Quoting blues_pagan:

You want to talk high crime rate go to a major city.  You don't see armed SWAT like cops walking around there.  

Quoting paknari:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I lived outside of Washington DC for many years and the same was there.  No need to check everyones papers.  

Quoting paknari:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting paknari:

paknari
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
And if someone is going to commit a crime it doesn't matter if they have papers or not anyway.

Quoting blues_pagan:

I lived outside of Washington DC for many years and the same was there.  No need to check everyones papers.  

Quoting paknari:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting paknari:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)