Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Terry Jones Drowned Out In Times Square By New York City Crowd Singing 'All You Need Is Love' (VIDEO)

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

New Yorkers are famously terse, not known for patience or excessive diplomacy -- and certainly not for loud public displays of love.

So when anti-Islam, Quran-burning pastor Terry Jones showed up in Times Square last year, spewing anger and sporting a T-shirt that read, "Everything I Ever Needed To Know About Islam I Learned On 9/11," the results were certain to be dicey.

But a surprisingly touching video of that event, posted Monday by the New York Times just in time for the holiday season, shows humanity outweighs Jones' rage.

The video, filmed on Sept. 10, 2011, but only recently published, begins predictably: Jones standing in the square, advocating intolerance and hate. Several passersby attempt to argue with him to no avail. Soon a man begins reading out loud, then singing, "All You Need Is Love," the iconic classic by The Beatles.

Then, beautifully, a crowd joins in singing, drowning out Jones, and -- for the time being, at least -- love trumps hate.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Clairwil
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:52 PM

That was cool.

Pema_Jampa
Today at 2:24 PM
Jazzercise 1982 Original Workout 80's Video FUNNY COMPILATION Judi Sheppard Missett

Judi Sheppard Missett and her jazz moves in her 80s Shape Up with Jazzercise Exercise workout video. Jazzercise 1982 Original Workout FUNNY COMPILATION 80's ...

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:37 PM

BUMP!

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Thanks for sharing
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PamR
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Wonderful.

I hope that most sane, decent people have had enough of the likes of Terry Jones and WBC.  Keep drowning them out, put up human walls between them and the funerals they protest!  Restores your faith in the goodness of people.

blues_pagan
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:57 PM

This is AWESOME!  

This is the kind of stuff that needs to start happening.  People coming together and being louder than the small groups of people who think they can run the show.  

I have to agree, all we need is love for those who will love in return.  Intolerance needs to be drowned out!

Loved the looks on people faces.  They were like, "what the hell is this guy talking about".  And then there are the vocal ones, PEACE BE TO ALL OF YOU who spoke up against this man :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)