Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think we could all use some fluff: Christmas Shopping

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM
  • 46 Replies
I'm taking a lunch break from finishing off my Christmas shopping! Woo Hoo!

How about you? Are you all finished? If not, who do you have left to buy for?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_Kissy_
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Been done for a while. I start mine in October and usually done by the first of December. This next year, however, I'm just gonna buy throughout the year, the materialism of Christmas is too much.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:34 PM
I always promise myself that I will do that, and it never happens. LOL!

Quoting _Kissy_:

Been done for a while. I start mine in October and usually done by the first of December. This next year, however, I'm just gonna buy throughout the year, the materialism of Christmas is too much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ednarooni160
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

We didn't exchange gifts last year.. It's not because we don't love Christmas..we do..but we buy whenever. If we had little kids and/or grandkids..it would be a different story..   A couple of my (adult) kids got downsized last year..so we stopped basically to not stress them out..so we are going to do the same this year.   I "miss' when the kids were little and they would give me their "lists".. My one son would give me one WAY before Christmas..and he would make sure I had it..LOL  I envy you ladies with grandkids.. We used to put out the outdoor blowup Christmas decorations for the neighbors..but they are grown now also. We put up Homer one year and he got stolen the very next morning...LOL My husband went and got another one as the neighbor kid really liked it..LOL  Ah..the memories...lots and lots of good memories.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:38 PM
I didn't realize your kids were grown. Sometimes the gift aspect of Christmas puts a lot of unnecessary stress on people when money is tight, and that's sad. Will you all be able to at least get together for Christmas, or do they live far away?

Quoting Ednarooni160:

We didn't exchange gifts last year.. It's not because we don't love Christmas..we do..but we buy whenever. If we had little kids and/or grandkids..it would be a different story..   A couple of my (adult) kids got downsized last year..so we stopped basically to not stress them out..so we are going to do the same this year.   I "miss' when the kids were little and they would give me their "lists".. My one son would give me one WAY before Christmas..and he would make sure I had it..LOL  I envy you ladies with grandkids.. We used to put out the outdoor blowup Christmas decorations for the neighbors..but they are grown now also. We put up Homer one year and he got stolen the very next morning...LOL My husband went and got another one as the neighbor kid really liked it..LOL  Ah..the memories...lots and lots of good memories.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ednarooni160
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

I didn't realize your kids were grown. Sometimes the gift aspect of Christmas puts a lot of unnecessary stress on people when money is tight, and that's sad. Will you all be able to at least get together for Christmas, or do they live far away?

Quoting Ednarooni160:

My youngest is 29..LOL   We get together and have a lovely meal..and play games.  This year they will all be here..so yes..it will be wonderful...thank you for asking.

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Done! I just have to make a few things.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Getting together is truly the best part. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. :-)

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

My youngest is 29..LOL   We get together and have a lovely meal..and play games.  This year they will all be here..so yes..it will be wonderful...thank you for asking.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Whatcha makin'?

I was going to make my husband some Oregon Duck lounge pants, but I never could find good fabric for it.

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Done! I just have to make a few things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ednarooni160
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Getting together is truly the best part. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. :-)

Quoting Ednarooni160:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting Ednarooni160:

We will..we always do..and you too Jake.. Merry Christmas to you and yours..!!

blues_pagan
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I just started since I finally received my back pay from the VA.  I am mainly making my own gifts this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)