Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NRA Speaks for the first time since the shooting

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM
  • 8 Replies

The NRA has released the following statement: "The National Rifle Association of America is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters – and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown.

Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting.

The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again"

Rebecca-vi

My Blog                                          Head Admin

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
emeraldangel2.0
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't care much for this association but I tip my hat to them for this statement

bow down

rccmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:20 PM
I can respect and appreciate that.
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:23 PM

An appropriate response.

SLTmom
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

You know, I don't think anyone believes that the NRA or people who are associated with that organization EVER want to see gun violence, on this order, or in lesser instances.  I certainly don't think that.

Its kind of unfair that they are always demonized when some fruit loop goes off the deep end.

blues_pagan
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I can respect that and I thank them for coming out with a statement that shows respect.  clapping

DSamuels
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I'm glad they did. It was an appropriate statement. It really doesn't surprise me either. My husband is a life member of the NRA. When they had their annual meeting in Louisville, KY (2008) he was invited to be something (not a greeter or sponsor, some kind of ambassador or host maybe?), he's napping or I'd ask him, there.

We got free tickets to a lot of a speaking events. We saw Kay Bailey Hutchinson, John Bolton, Oliver North, Mike Huckabee, and a great Navy Seal, Marcus Luttrell. who was the sole survivor of an ambush in Afghanistan. He was AWESOME and heartbreaking. Mitt Romney, Dan Boren, Sgt. Greg Stube US special forces, Mitch McConnell and McCain. It was 4 hours and I don't remember if we stayed for McCain. It was a great weekend.

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Yes, an appropriate statement.

Now I'd like to see it followed up with action.  I hear of so many different regulations that just kind of make sense to me, that the NRA has blocked and I don't understand why.

I don't currently own a firearm (don't know if I ever will) but I was raised with guns in the house and regular safety lessons and trips to the range.  If I were to purchase a firearm, I would be perfectly ok with some of the proposed, and rejected, regulations.

I'd like to see the NRA engage on this level. 

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:51 PM
That is a very respectful and appropriate statement. I applaud them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)