Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

We just had the COOLEST thing given to us.

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:37 PM
  • 17 Replies
4 moms liked this

This lady was walking around the local grocery store here and handed us a card.  

We opened it when we got home and it read:

In honor of the 26 victims ub Newtown CT I am doing random acts of kindness.  You are #6 in memory of Josephine Gay age 7.

I just had to share this.  Inside the card is a $10 gas card.

May the divine shine in this woman!

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TAG_ur_it
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:48 PM
3 moms liked this

i popped in to walmart last week so the kids could pick something out to give to daddy.  this large group of people stopped me and handed me a $20 gift card.  it was a software company doing random acts.  way cool and it bought DH's new webcam so he can do video calls w/ SD at home when she's with her mom.

..MoonShine..
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Yay!!! That is lovely. 

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
So nice! One of my Facebook friends had something similar happen to her. She stopped at one if those do-it-yourself car washes, and when she went to put in her coins, there was a card and a plastic baggie with quarters inside hanging there. The card was very similar to the one described in the OP, except it was in memory of a different child. I think this is such a beautiful gesture!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:16 PM

That's lovely!

blues_pagan
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:17 PM

DH and I talked and are now trying to figure out how to pay it forward.  We always like doing small acts of kindness but it is hard to so when the budget it tight.

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I talked with my 11year old son about these RAK's, and we realized it wouldn't take a lot of money to make a difference. For example, my friend only received a couple dollars in quarters to wash her car, but it was enough to make her cry. A teacher I used to work with told me that she had paid for the coffee that the person behind her in the drivethru had ordered. I think little things can go a long way! My son and I decided that doing random acts would be our New Year's resolution.

Quoting blues_pagan:

DH and I talked and are now trying to figure out how to pay it forward.  We always like doing small acts of kindness but it is hard to so when the budget it tight.

shimamab
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Love hearing about these things! TFS.
blues_pagan
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I really like that idea and that is a good point.   Maybe that is how DH and I will pay it forward.

Quoting Erinelizz:

I talked with my 11year old son about these RAK's, and we realized it wouldn't take a lot of money to make a difference. For example, my friend only received a couple dollars in quarters to wash her car, but it was enough to make her cry. A teacher I used to work with told me that she had paid for the coffee that the person behind her in the drivethru had ordered. I think little things can go a long way! My son and I decided that doing random acts would be our New Year's resolution.

Quoting blues_pagan:

kellysparkles
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:23 PM

That's really cool; it goes to show that there is still compassion in the world!

darlingdaisy
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:30 PM

I like it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN