Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

NEW YORK'S JOURNAL NEWS TELLS CRIMINALS WHICH HOMEOWNERS ARE UNARMED

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:15 PM
  • 67 Replies

30 Dec 2012, 5:46 AM PDT 

When New York's Journal News published an interactive map revealing the names and addresses of legal gun owners in Westchester and Rockland counties, their intent seems to have been to heap shame on those gun owners and direct public ire toward them as well. However, one other thing they unwittingly accomplished was letting criminals know which homeowners are unarmed and therefore, which homeowners could be sitting ducks.

Think about it: The release of a list of the homes of legal gun owners is simultaneously a hint at which homeowners are not gun owners. 

It is absolutely astounding that the Journal News would make such an attempt without thinking about the liability involved. Yet it's also illustrative of how the real left operates -- in their minds the safety of people is not that important. Rather, it's the further imposition of their ideology that counts.

Therefore, in this particular situation, the Journal News apparently doesn't care that it has just let criminals know which homes may be easier targets for crime, because unarmed. All that's important is that they followed their ideology and tried to embarrass gun owners. 

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

The law of unintended consequences strikes again.

NWP
by Guerilla Girl on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh....hasn't this post already run its course? Why are we posting the same info as old threads?

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not that old - a few days? And still as relevant as ever. Kind of like our freedoms listed in the Bill of Rights. Those are REALLY old.

Quoting NWP:

Eh....hasn't this post already run its course? Why are we posting the same info as old threads?

NWP
by Guerilla Girl on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Haven't we already discussed this article? Seems there were pages and pages on this very topic. Did you feel left out of the other thread?

Quoting SallyMJ:

It's not that old - a few days? And still as relevant as ever. Kind of like our freedoms listed in the Bill of Rights. Those are REALLY old.

Quoting NWP:

Naughty Wittle Puppy

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I didn't - and this article is dated 12/30/12 - which, if I'm not mistaken, is today!

I agree with you that the news moves very fast - and that as we are on the cusp of 2013, that something can seem so 2012. 

Quoting NWP:

Haven't we already discussed this article? Seems there were pages and pages on this very topic. Did you feel left out of the other thread?

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting NWP:

cbk_mom3
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:55 PM
3 moms liked this

One more reason I'm glad I live in Texas! I feel really bad for the citizens of New York.

cbk_mom3
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:57 PM
2 moms liked this

You are fine, Sally. There are a few in here who love living in the dark, and espect everyone to shut thier eyes, as well. You just keep posting whatever you like! Great article, by the way, and very informative, thanks for posting!

Quoting SallyMJ:

I didn't - and this article is dated 12/30/12 - which, if I'm not mistaken, is today!

I agree with you that the news moves very fast - and that as we are on the cusp of 2013, that something can seem so 2012. 

Quoting NWP:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting NWP:

NWP
by Guerilla Girl on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:03 PM

This guy's editorial may be posted today, but the news is old and has already been covered in detail in another thread.

Many folks agreed that it was the wrong thing to do for everyone, for a lot of reasons....one is that it tells criminals where they can steal guns.

Another thing that came out of the thread was a lot of bad behavior from folks who openly wished for innocent people to become the victims of criminals solely because they did not agree with their politics or personal choices. It was shameful.

But hey, we can rehash it again if you like.

Several folks pointed out that this is public information anyway, but to post it in the paper for political reasons was wrong. Some pointed out that the publisher's personal information had also been posted in retaliation. All of that is wrong.

Ugly all the way around IMO.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting NWP:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting NWP:

Naughty Wittle Puppy

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, hate to disappoint you - But other people have told me they appreciate this post, and to feel free to post away whatever I want to.

Since you are not one of those people, that's fine. You have freedom of speech and the right to your own opinion. And the freedom not to harass me. Some of the great things about America.

I am sorry my post upsets you. I think you should stop subjecting yourself to its evil power over you, and that you should just focus your attention elsewhere. And then we can all be happy.  :)

But thanks for telling me how you really feel. 

Quoting NWP:

This guy's editorial may be posted today, but the news is old and has already been covered in detail in another thread.

Many folks agreed that it was the wrong thing to do for everyone, for a lot of reasons....one is that it tells criminals where they can steal guns.

Another thing that came out of the thread was a lot of bad behavior from folks who openly wished for innocent people to become the victims of criminals solely because they did not agree with their politics or personal choices. It was shameful.

But hey, we can rehash it again if you like.

Several folks pointed out that this is public information anyway, but to post it in the paper for political reasons was wrong. Some pointed out that the publisher's personal information had also been posted in retaliation. All of that is wrong.

Ugly all the way around IMO.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting NWP:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting NWP:

NWP
by Guerilla Girl on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
You are really funny! As for your post I really don't care if you like to copy other popular posts. They say that is the best form of flattery.

As for the topic I would never wish harm to come to innocently abiding citizens regardless of their political opinion. That was my comment the first time this was posted and I stand behind it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)