Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

This MSNBC Host Thinks Calling Mitt Romney a ‘Negro’ Is Just About The Funniest Thing Ever

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Eds
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

This MSNBC Host Thinks Calling Mitt Romney a ‘Negro’ Is Just About The Funniest Thing Ever

MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry broke into uncontrollable fits of laughter Sunday after one of her guests referred to former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney as a “negro.”

“Romney put his foot in his mouth more times in this election from, he pulled that move. He went out there and made a birther joke. Remember? He decided to make a birther joke. Negro, you on TV,” said a curiously attired Elon James White.

A hearty “bwahaha” was had by all.

“Okay, you’ve been called many things. Mitt Romney has been called many things in 2012 and beyond, but Ima go with … is the first time he was ever called a Negro, spelled K-N-E-E-G-R-O-W,” the MSNBC host giggled.

“He doesn’t have that on his business card? Was that just a rumor?” asked another guest.

“This is going to give him so much confidence when he goes back to the NAACP,” said White:

BONUS: In case you’re finding yourself at the intersection or boredom and self-loathing, here’s another video of Harris-Perry and her colleagues talking about — wait for it — racism:

Follow Becket Adams (@BecketAdams) on Twitter

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/this-msnbc-host-thinks-calling-mitt-romney-a-negro-is-just-the-funniest-thing-ever/

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UpSheRises
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM

It's not that funny. I hear that type of phrasing all the time. People who never talk to black people probably don't so they think its newsworthy.

I think whats more disturbing than the use of the word negro, is that we allow loudmouths to make jokes on news channels instead of sharing the news. Walter Cronkite would be proud...

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:21 AM
4 moms liked this

That's the problem with 24 hour news channels: they fill time slots with empty-headed commentary. ALL of them do this and it's bastardized our freedom of the press. A generation (or two) ago journalists had this thing called "journalistic integrity." They sought out those elusive things called "facts" and "legitimate sources" and then actually thought about how best to present them to the American public with the understanding that they were endowed with the very important job of informing the public.

Now? Now it's a race to get the story first, facts are secondary. Look at what happened right after Newtown: the news got the name of the shooter wrong, the occupation of the mother wrong, their connections to the school wrong...it was disgusting.

Quoting UpSheRises:

It's not that funny. I hear that type of phrasing all the time. People who never talk to black people probably don't so they think its newsworthy.

I think whats more disturbing than the use of the word negro, is that we allow loudmouths to make jokes on news channels instead of sharing the news. Walter Cronkite would be proud...

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow! I thought liberals were NEVER racist - and in fact, are the most "tolerant" people in the universe - and beyond! 

Say it ain't so, O!

JustCJ
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Very well put Kate.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

That's the problem with 24 hour news channels: they fill time slots with empty-headed commentary. ALL of them do this and it's bastardized our freedom of the press. A generation (or two) ago journalists had this thing called "journalistic integrity." They sought out those elusive things called "facts" and "legitimate sources" and then actually thought about how best to present them to the American public with the understanding that they were endowed with the very important job of informing the public.

Now? Now it's a race to get the story first, facts are secondary. Look at what happened right after Newtown: the news got the name of the shooter wrong, the occupation of the mother wrong, their connections to the school wrong...it was disgusting.

Quoting UpSheRises:

JustCJ
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

No the hypocrites would be stomping their feet...(by their choice of course).

Quoting SallyMJ:

Wow! I thought liberals were NEVER racist - and in fact, are the most "tolerant" people in the universe - and beyond! 

Say it ain't so, O!

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!

Quoting JustCJ:

Very well put Kate.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Quoting UpSheRises:

UpSheRises
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM
How is that racist?

Quoting SallyMJ:

Say it ain't so, O!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Calling someone a racist name. How is that not racist?

Not to mention it's a black woman calling him a racist name. Ironic in a bad way.

Quoting UpSheRises:

How is that racist?

Quoting SallyMJ:

Say it ain't so, O!

JustCJ
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

blank stare

Quoting UpSheRises:

How is that racist?

Quoting SallyMJ:

Say it ain't so, O!

cbk_mom3
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww. Gotta love those ignorant liberal hosts on MSNBC! Like all liberals everywhere, they just ooze class...well, probably NOT class, but they definetly ooze something. EWWW!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)