Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What Hobby Lobby Should Do When Fined $1.3 Million Per Day

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:02 PM
  • 254 Replies
4 moms liked this

Hobby Lobby is standing up to the Federal Government. It’s refusing to pay for contraceptives that are abortifacients. An abortifacient is a substance that induces an abortion. It’s a post-conception drug, therefore, it does not come under the definition of a contra (against) conception.

This new healthcare mandate goes beyond paying for contraception. It’s a gross violation of our rights. It’s too bad that we have so many low-information voters and parasites that are fed daily by the welfare state.

Hobby Lobby is a national arts and crafts retailer with more than 500 stores in 41 states that employs more than 22,500 peoples nationwide.

The owners run their company on Christian principles. They’re no different from Jewish butchers who sell Kosher meats. In fact, there are lots of businesses that are run on specific religious principles. No one has to work for these companies. If you or I don’t like the religion of these business owners, then we don’t have to purchase their goods or services.

Now comes the Federal Government with mandates requiring companies to insure certain health procedures, one of which is contraceptives. Hobby Lobby, along with other religious groups, has been fighting this overreaching and unconstitutional imposition. The appeal reached the Supreme Court:

“The Supreme Court on Wednesday refused to block the Obama administration’s contraception mandate from taking effect. Justice Sonia Sotomayor rejected a request for an emergency injunction that would have shielded employers from the mandate

“The request was filed by Hobby Lobby, an arts-and-crafts chain. The company’s . . . owners say the contraception mandate violates their religious freedom.

“Hobby Lobby might eventually win on that point, Sotomayor said, but the company didn’t meet the standard for an injunction blocking the mandate from taking effect.”

The First Amendment is clear: “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. . . .” To go further, contrary to Justice Roberts and the four other justices who voted to uphold ObamaCare, there is nothing in the Constitution to support a national healthcare system.

If Hobby Lobby does not comply, the company will be fined $1.3 million PER DAY! This will mean that during the appeal process, Hobby Lobby will have to set aside that much money in case they eventually lose.

What should Hobby Lobby do? Here are some options. (1) Deduct $58 dollars from every employee so that the employee pays the fine. This will get the message across that nothing is free and they are the ones responsible for their government’s actions. Interview all the employees to find out who voted for Obama. Charge them double. (2) Post signs in every store explaining to customers that the price of every item has to be increased in order to pay the fine. (3) Close every Hobby Lobby store[1], sell off all the merchandise, and tell the Federal Government to go to hell.

Read more: http://godfatherpolitics.com/8757/what-hobby-lobby-should-do-when-fined-1-3-million-per-day/#ixzz2Gl8u6UOX

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blues_pagan
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM
8 moms liked this

Providing insurance/provider paid, health care covered birth control doesn't prohibit anyone, especially the greens, from exercising their religions.  They don't believe in birth control they don't have to use it.  Doesn't mean their employees should have a hard time over it.

Assinine.

29again
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Clearly, pizzas with their GMO ingredients are more vital to the economy than arts & crafts supplies which allows people to be creative in their own homes.

29again
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting blues_pagan:

Providing insurance/provider paid, health care covered birth control doesn't prohibit anyone, especially the greens, from exercising their religions.  They don't believe in birth control they don't have to use it.  Doesn't mean their employees should have a hard time over it.

Assinine.

contraception is one thing.  abortifacients are another altogether. 

btw, what are greens, I thought those were things you ate, like spinach and such.  How do greens have a religion?

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

It shouldn't matter to them what type of birth control people are on.  It isn't any of their business.  That is between the woman and her doctor (and whoever else she wants in her medical business).  As I stated before, they are free to exercise their religion and not take whatever type of pharmaceutical they are against.  Doesn't mean they should be forcing it on their employees.

And pardon my grammar, The Green's.  The people who own hobby lobby.  

Quoting 29again:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Assinine.

btw, what are greens, I thought those were things you ate, like spinach and such.  How do greens have a religion?

weezer_cookie
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Charge double to those who voted for Obama? Seriously? And how by chance would they find that out? I feel like there are laws against discrimination like that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
29again
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM
3 moms liked this

What is so hard to understand about it?  There are drugs that prevent conception.  And 99.999999% of us have absolutely no problem with that.  NONE.  Then there are drugs that would kill a developing baby within hours of conception.  That, to many, is no longer in the same realm as the pill, or an IUD, etc.  They kill, rather than prevent.  That is a huge difference. 

And yes, names of people should be capitalized, I thought that is what you meant, but some people do believe that plants and trees and stones have souls and feelings.....  so I didn't want to assume anything, in case I offended.  ;)

Quoting blues_pagan:

It shouldn't matter to them what type of birth control people are on.  It isn't any of their business.  That is between the woman and her doctor (and whoever else she wants in her medical business).  As I stated before, they are free to exercise their religion and not take whatever type of pharmaceutical they are against.  Doesn't mean they should be forcing it on their employees.

Quoting 29again:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Assinine.

29again
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:23 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting weezer_cookie:

Charge double to those who voted for Obama? Seriously? And how by chance would they find that out? I feel like there are laws against discrimination like that.

But if they are the ones who voted FOR it, why shouldn't they be the ones to PAY for it?  They knew what their vote meant.  Why should they not be held accountable for that vote?   I don't see discrimination, I see accountability.

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM

What is so hard to understand that a woman and anything dealing with her medical issues should be between her, her doctor and whoever else she chooses to have in the discussion.

The Greens and no on else has any right to tell her what she can or cannot have access to when it is with in reason (plastic surgery to get a bra size bigger or lipo isn't within reason).

Quoting 29again:

What is so hard to understand about it?  There are drugs that prevent conception.  And 99.999999% of us have absolutely no problem with that.  NONE.  Then there are drugs that would kill a developing baby within hours of conception.  That, to many, is no longer in the same realm as the pill, or an IUD, etc.  They kill, rather than prevent.  That is a huge difference. 

And yes, names of people should be capitalized, I thought that is what you meant, but some people do believe that plants and trees and stones have souls and feelings.....  so I didn't want to assume anything, in case I offended.  ;)

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting 29again:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Assinine.

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

whether you like it or not this country is  a democracy which means that when the majority votes for a certain person then the entire country has to follow suit with all the legal orders given from that person.  Welcome to the U.S

Quoting 29again:

Quoting weezer_cookie:

But if they are the ones who voted FOR it, why shouldn't they be the ones to PAY for it?  They knew what their vote meant.  Why should they not be held accountable for that vote?   I don't see discrimination, I see accountability.

Tea4Tas
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Doesn't matter to me. I won't ever shop there again.  Easy peasy solution. they can't shove their beliefs down the throats of their employees.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)