Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disturbing Video Leaked of Ohio High School Students Joking About Alleged Gang Rape

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Eds
  • 44 Replies
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BuckeyezRule
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Ty for posting. This needs to be told. This happened in a city 20mins from where my hubby grew up. He is sickened, but sadly, not surprised. There more disturbing details of adults (besides the 18yo college kid here) that are coming out. This story is begging to blow up from the cover up.
BuckeyezRule
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:54 AM
And please don't point out the obvious of my username and this ace clowns shirt! I get that. He's not worth my words, and I wish he wasn't wearing that shirt. He's not worth it.
Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Horrible story. It's absolutely vile that some young men find this amusing.

I can't watch the video because of the location of my laptop and the proximity of my children so I need a little clarification: Was the kid on the video joking about the rape or was he  implicating himself for the rape? Because if it's the prior, I don't really see how there's anything legally anyone can do. I'm sure that now that  it's all over the internet, he's facing a social backlash that will hopefully give him some solid insight as to how disgusting his "jokes" are.

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Oh, and I find the reference to Quentin Tarantino's movie, Pulp Fiction, an interesting note.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM
4 moms liked this

Not the least bit surprised.

We took a hammer to our moral compass, smashed it to bits, told the world that unrestricted abortions, and free birth control are the two most important things to us.

We attack all morals, any belief in a power greater than us, any judgement of right and wrong.

Personal resonsibility -gone. Shame - gone, Pride - gone.

They should hire a good lawyer, blame society and countersue.

29again
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Billiejeens:

We took a hammer to our moral compass, smashed it to bits, told the world that unrestricted abortions, and free birth control are the two most important things to us.

We attack all morals, any belief in a power greater than us, any judgement of right and wrong.

And with the right lawyer, they would prevail... 

Things like this make me wonder how the future will really turn out to be.  Are THESE the ones who will run our country someday???  I pray not.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:25 AM
4 moms liked this

Disturbing that no one helped the girl.  Disturbing mob mentality.  Disturbing lack of compassion.  Disturbing lack of morals.  Disturbing.

imamomzilla
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:25 AM
5 moms liked this

Yep. I agree. Moral decay has eroded every facet of society....

Quoting Billiejeens:

nativity

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Billiejeens:

I don't know that we told the world "unrestricted abortions and free birth control are the two most important things to us."

I don't believe in a power greater, but I do believe strongly in personal responsibility.

I also strongly believe that morals and values are imperative, for ourselves and to pass on to our children.

I think there have always been people who are amoral, and "evil" has taken different faces over different times.

This story is horrific, but it is not unique to our time.

Last century, we had lynchings and abuse of minorities that, if there were instant video technology available, we'd have been seeing videos of those types of things surfacing with people bragging on the vileness they performed.

imamomzilla
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:42 AM
2 moms liked this

I found this in the comment section. THIS video explains what's happening to society:

AGENDA: Grinding America Down (Full Movie) FREE to watch for a limited time.

http://vimeo.com/52009124

nativity

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)