Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

no Ma'am

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 145 Replies
12 moms liked this

The following letter, written by U.S. Marine Joshua Boston and headlined “No ma’am.,” was posted in the CNN iReport on Dec. 27 with the included note from the producer and photo. It has struck a nerve with many and is being circulated around social media venues like Twitter and Facebook.

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl, United States Marine Corps
2004-2012

Couldn't agree with him more.
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imamomzilla
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:11 AM
7 moms liked this

clapping

paknari
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM
4 moms liked this
Although I agree with some of what he said I am also offended that he is clearly a male chauvanist.(sp?) there was no need to bring that into the conversation at all and there was also no reason to state that he is man multiple times to get his point across. I am also a veteran and a woman and I find that quite offensive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
29again
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:15 AM
6 moms liked this

Isn't he supposed to address her as "Senator"?  Didn't she work very hard for that title?  Oh, wait, that would be the other nut from Cali.....  although they both probably feel the same on this.

Even so, I applaud every word he wrote!

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:29 AM
7 moms liked this

Quoting paknari:

Although I agree with some of what he said I am also offended that he is clearly a male chauvanist.(sp?) there was no need to bring that into the conversation at all and there was also no reason to state that he is man multiple times to get his point across. I am also a veteran and a woman and I find that quite offensive.

Didn't come across that way, IMO. He also used other ways to identify himself, and he did address her as Senator.  BTW the "No ma'am" was the headline and likely inserted by a producer, not the letter's author.

Meadowchik
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting 29again:

Isn't he supposed to address her as "Senator"? 

He did!

:)

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting paknari:

Didn't come across that way, IMO. He also used other ways to identify himself, and he did address her as Senator.  BTW the "No ma'am" was the headline and likely inserted by a producer, not the letter's author.

I think it was the "some woman" comment.  I can see what she's saying there.  That stood out to me too.  She's a US Senator, not "some woman" regardless of whether or not he agrees with her.

29again
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:40 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting 29again:

Isn't he supposed to address her as "Senator"? 

He did!

:)

Dammit!!!  The coffee isn't working today!  I wonder if dh got some decaf by mistake......

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM
4 moms liked this

Referring to her as "some woman" is disrespectful and chauvanistic.

Having said that, and as a non-gun person, I don't understand what the "register" thing is.

Aren't all guns registered and people who own them licensed?  How does this work and why is there objection to what Se. Feinstein wants?

Honest question, I don't know much about this subject at all.

paperorplastic
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM
8 moms liked this

Bravo!  It's about time this government realizes who they work for, and who pays their salaries!  If this country ran like a corporation all their azzhats would be terminated!  The government just wants to disarm us.  They use false flags to instill fear.  Sorry, not going to work for me.  The some woman comment is not disrespectful IMO.  Respect is given when resect is earned.  

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Quoting romalove:

Referring to her as "some woman" is disrespectful and chauvanistic.

Having said that, and as a non-gun person, I don't understand what the "register" thing is.

Aren't all guns registered and people who own them licensed?  How does this work and why is there objection to what Se. Feinstein wants?

Honest question, I don't know much about this subject at all.

We aren't really gun people either, but I do know that they don't have to be licensed or registered.  We bought a gun in Alaska on our way out of Anchorage because we were going to be living in the bush for many months, and it is irresponsible to be out there without a firearm.  We were able to stop off at the sporting goods store on the way out of town and pick one up like a 12-pack of soda.  I don't recall if there was even a background check.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN