Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Mom Changes Mind....

blondekosmic15
Wishing everyone a very happy new year~
Saturday at 7:08 PM
Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM
  • 247 Replies
7 moms liked this

Mom Changes Mind About Abortion After Newtown Shooting 

The school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut was a terrible tragedy that took the lives of two dozen children and school officials. However, the tragedy has helped millions of Americans foster a greater appreciation for children and human life.

Steve Rupp, Vice President of Missouri Right to Life, shares the following story of how it made such a monumental impact on one mother considering an abortion that she changed her mind:

With the horrid news from Connecticut–that is like an arrow piercing America’s heart–comes a story of tragedy turned triumphant.

My young nephew was running his small restaurant in Des Moines earlier this week when one of his employees came in to the store and asked if she could get her paycheck a little early. While he was in the office cutting her check, she sat at one of the WiFi computers to wait. On the screen, the story of the school shootings was being broadcast. The young lady started sobbing uncontrollably.

My nephew came out to console her and brought her back into his office to let her compose herself when she told him, “I needed my paycheck early because I have an appointment at Planned Parenthood this afternoon to have an abortion.” And then she said, “After seeing all of those innocent young children dying and all of those mothers who have had their children taken from them, I can’t go through with this abortion!”

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/12/21/mom-changes-mind-about-abortion-after-newtown-shooting/

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeeperSqueak
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow.............touching story ! Thanks for posting Blonde.

It's bittersweet that a life may get to continue because a tragic event took place. SMH : (

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Wow.............touching story ! Thanks for posting Blonde.

It's bittersweet that a life may get to continue because a tragic event took place. SMH : (

Thank you Peeper. God works in wonderous ways smile minievery life saved is precious.

cbk_mom3
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM
4 moms liked this

While there is truly nothing good about the shooting, if it does indirectly save lives of unborn babies, then it will have left at least a good legacy.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM
6 moms liked this

Quoting cbk_mom3:

While there is truly nothing good about the shooting, if it does indirectly save lives of unborn babies, then it will have left at least a good legacy.

God can draw good out of any tragedy.

PeeperSqueak
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM
3 moms liked this

I agree.............., I hold fast to Romans 8:28, but just can't find the good in that tragic day. They were all lives that were taken that day....young to older.

Sigh............I'm still struggling with a lot of questions.  Most of the children that were shot and killed were just 5 or 6 years old.  Just 6 years ago their lives could have been taken and nothing really thought of.........they were a choice.  Unborn, Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle, HighSchool, adult and elderly whether they are disabled or not....it's a Life. 

Quoting cbk_mom3:

imamomzilla
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM
3 moms liked this

That is amazing. Thanks for sharing. :-)

nativity

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM
6 moms liked this

Another amazing story about precious life....

Photo of Baby Reaching Out From Womb During C-Section Goes Viral

“It was such an amazing photo. [Hospital staff] had possibly heard of it happening but they had never seen a photo of it,” said Alicia Atkins, Nevaeh’s mother.

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/01/02/photo-of-baby-reaching-out-from-womb-during-c-section-goes-viral/

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM
4 moms liked this

Thank you for sharing this heartwarming story of her changing her mind.  It's sad the tragedy had to be the decision changer for her, but I'm glad she's going to have her baby.

I love that other one too, with the baby reaching out to the dr. - how sweet and precious.  :)

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:22 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting jcribb16:

Thank you for sharing this heartwarming story of her changing her mind.  It's sad the tragedy had to be the decision changer for her, but I'm glad she's going to have her baby.

I love that other one too, with the baby reaching out to the dr. - how sweet and precious.  :)

The woman who changed her mind gives us joy in the midst of a terrible tragedy. The lil' baby reaching out to touch the Dr is a reminder of the beauty of life waiting to enter this world. A memorable photo indeed.

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:31 PM
5 moms liked this

Yes, God gives us hope. One woman changed her mind, and hopefully many other women will change their minds  on abortion, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN