Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Mom Changes Mind About Abortion After Newtown Shooting 

The school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut was a terrible tragedy that took the lives of two dozen children and school officials. However, the tragedy has helped millions of Americans foster a greater appreciation for children and human life.

Steve Rupp, Vice President of Missouri Right to Life, shares the following story of how it made such a monumental impact on one mother considering an abortion that she changed her mind:

With the horrid news from Connecticut–that is like an arrow piercing America’s heart–comes a story of tragedy turned triumphant.

My young nephew was running his small restaurant in Des Moines earlier this week when one of his employees came in to the store and asked if she could get her paycheck a little early. While he was in the office cutting her check, she sat at one of the WiFi computers to wait. On the screen, the story of the school shootings was being broadcast. The young lady started sobbing uncontrollably.

My nephew came out to console her and brought her back into his office to let her compose herself when she told him, “I needed my paycheck early because I have an appointment at Planned Parenthood this afternoon to have an abortion.” And then she said, “After seeing all of those innocent young children dying and all of those mothers who have had their children taken from them, I can’t go through with this abortion!”

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/12/21/mom-changes-mind-about-abortion-after-newtown-shooting/

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Replies (211-220):
PeeperSqueak
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Sure.......if there is a discussion !

Ok, so I'll bite.  You want to know what I do ?

Quoting LucyMom08:

Asking questions and having a discussion is not baiting...isn't that what this forum is for?

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Gotchya.....I see what you meaneye rolling

Quoting jcribb16:

Don't bother with her baiting - it's just an agitating tactic that usually comes back on the ones who love to do it.

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

I didn't say "only my site" is credible. I don't believe her site to be....that's all.  I believe it's probably like PP site. 

Quoting LucyMom08:

So only your site is credible? Why is that?

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

There are many that don't share it with anybody that they've had an abortion. They are still so grief stricken and ashamed.........: (  There are many post abortion counselors that don't have a slow day. I'm sorry but I don't believe those sites are credible. Probably much like PP : (

Quoting chloedee:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

I took a look.....I don't believe it to be credible.  Look at the difference in sites.  The one I posted has pictures with names and location.  Yours has a name and a real sad story......that they are still living with.

Quoting chloedee:

For stories of women who don't regret having abortions, check out imnotsorry.net. As well, I'm mobile now but would be happy to post scientific evidence stating that the majority of women do not experience long lasting negative effects from an abortion.

Perhaps many of these women don't feel comfortable sharing their name and location due to the social stigma and potential for violence? As well, the website explains that it purposely uses first names only in order to make the stories more relatable to a wider audience. Here are other sites if you'd like some more examples: http://www.thanksabortion.com/ http://www.myabortionmylife.org/ and just Googling "positive abortion experiences" will bring up stories, since you said you were having trouble finding some!

There is also no non-biased scientific evidence of a causal relationship between an abortion and poor mental health, so while there may be stories either way (as there would be with any human experience), current psychological understanding doesn't point to abortion being a cause of major mental health issues. 

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Let's just say I've been initiated since joing CM, by some of the very ones in this group, and pretty much know when someone is curious as opposed to trying to put one on the spot or make them look bad.

Oh!  You still haven't answered my question.  I answered yours...

Quoting LucyMom08:

You have a strange definition of a supposed 'attack'...no one is allowed to ask you questions?

Quoting jcribb16:

It is a big deal to the people who need the help.  You "pounced" on me out of nowhere, sarcastically, I might add.  So I re-directed the question towards you.  If you are going to "judge" me, then you should show exactly what it is you do.

I have helped "physically," and I help monetarily.  You?

Quoting LucyMom08:

Yes, that's what I asked you...if you can't answer it's not a big deal...

Quoting jcribb16:

So what have you actually, physically, monetarily, done for prenatal care for others?

Quoting LucyMom08:

So what have you actually, physically, done for prenatal care for others?

Quoting jcribb16:

A great many have and do.  Have you given prenatal care, too?  That can be given by EVERYONE who has a heart for those babies and moms.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

PP helped millions of women give birth to healthy babies

How many has the prolife movement given prenatal care too?

Quoting blondekosmic15:

snipped tree

PeeperSqueak
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM

She was gracious to agree to disagree..........but I'll explain again.

I found some abortion stories that women shared leaving their name and location.  She shared some abortion stories that women shared some of their experience....mainly saying they didn't regret it and they are focusing on the me, myself, and I .Not one said "it felt great"   The site I provided was more believable with the physical pain and the emotional pain afterward. 

Quoting LucyMom08:

And I simply wanted to know what makes your site credible and her sites not...

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

It's not that no one is allowed to ask questions, it's what they do with our answers.  We'll answer a question, then some put a certain spin on what they want our answers to be without us even saying that.  It's just not worth the aggravation, time, etc. 

Exactly like what you are accusing me of.  I said "I believe" the site she provided is not credible.  Certainly nothing personal.......!

Quoting LucyMom08:

You have a strange definition of a supposed 'attack'...no one is allowed to ask you questions?

Quoting jcribb16:

It is a big deal to the people who need the help.  You "pounced" on me out of nowhere, sarcastically, I might add.  So I re-directed the question towards you.  If you are going to "judge" me, then you should show exactly what it is you do.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting jcribb16:

So what have you actually, physically, monetarily, done for prenatal care for others?

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting jcribb16:

A great many have and do.  Have you given prenatal care, too?  That can be given by EVERYONE who has a heart for those babies and moms.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

snipped tree

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:59 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting jcribb16:

Unfortunately Juju, some on here like to point the finger @ prolife advocates claiming we do not help women facing unplanned pregnancies or we fail to volunteer @ a woman's health center. Nothing could be further from the truth. We are all blessed with unique gifts. Charity comes in many forms. Volunteer @ a local clinic, financially contribute if able, necessity items, clothing, adoption referral, pray for women experiencing these situations, offering friendship, spiritual guidance etc. Rarely do I read about these women who question our sincerity, being involved in any charitable works to help women and their babies. They like to accuse us of walking away after the baby is born. More of an attempt to justify their stance for abortion.....

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

snipped tree

LucyMom08
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
So because some women didn't regret things, it simply wasn't believable? The whole site is fake?

Wouldn't it be more realistic to realize that some women just don't regret abortions? We're not all made the same...

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

I found some abortion stories that women shared leaving their name and location.  She shared some abortion stories that women shared some of their experience....mainly saying they didn't regret it and they are focusing on the me, myself, and I .Not one said "it felt great"   The site I provided was more believable with the physical pain and the emotional pain afterward. 

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

It's not that no one is allowed to ask questions, it's what they do with our answers.  We'll answer a question, then some put a certain spin on what they want our answers to be without us even saying that.  It's just not worth the aggravation, time, etc. 

Exactly like what you are accusing me of.  I said "I believe" the site she provided is not credible.  Certainly nothing personal.......!

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

snipped tree

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeeperSqueak
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Sigh...........whatever.  Read my post again....a little slower. My dd is here two more nights, so we're gonna have girl time.  Have a goodnight....

Quoting LucyMom08:

So because some women didn't regret things, it simply wasn't believable? The whole site is fake?

Wouldn't it be more realistic to realize that some women just don't regret abortions? We're not all made the same...

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

snipped tree

justme00
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:13 PM
3 moms liked this
Quoting mmccrea:

That seems like fiction to me.  But, whatever.  She will probably regret it later.

. You truly make me want to vomit. Your lack of respect for human life is sick.
blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

http://afterabortion.org/2000/abortion-four-times-deadlier-than-childbirth/

Women's Suicide Rates Highest After Abortion: New Study

http://afterabortion.org/2005/womens-suicide-rates-highest-after-abortion-new-study/

What Do Abortion Clinic Workers
Think About Abortion?

Some time ago Sarah Terzo did a research project on abortion, and gathered a huge collection of quotes and first hand accounts from clinic workers and abortion providers. Some selected quotes appear here from her interviews and research.

"After an abortion, the doctor must inspect these remains to make sure that all the fetal parts and placenta have been removed. Any tissue left inside the uterus can start an infection. Dr. Bours squeezed the contents of the sock into a shallow dish and poked around with his finger. "You can see a teeny tiny hand' he said."

--abortion clinic worker quoted in "Is the Fetus Human?" and in Dudley Clendinen, "The Abortion Conflict: What it Does to One Doctor" New York Times Magazine Aug 11 1985, 26  

"It [the fetus] is a form of life...This has to be killing...The question then becomes "is this kind of killing justifiable? In my own mind, it is justifiable, but only with the informed consent of the mother."

--abortionist quoted in "Democrat and Chronicle" 7/5/92

From the Dallas Observer 3/18/95

Former clinic administrator Charlotte Taft, "We were hiding from the women some of the pieces of truth about abortion that were threatening....It is a kind of killing."

http://www.2heartsnetwork.org/abortion.htm

Post Abortion Syndrome

Her Choice To Heal Finding Spiritual and Emotional Peace After Abortion

Post Abortion Stress Syndrome (PAS) affects everyone and is a form of post-traumatic stress disorder. The process of making an abortion choice, experiencing the procedure and living with the grief, pain and regret is certainly, at it's very core, traumatic. As with any trauma, individuals often try to "forget" the ordeal and deny or ignore any pain that may result.

Many simply don't relate their distress to the abortion experience. At some point, however, memories resurface and the truth of this loss can no longer be denied. During these moments, the pain of post-abortion syndrome reveals itself in the hearts of millions of lives.

The symptoms of post abortion syndrome will not necessarily appear at the same time, nor is likely that any woman will experience the entire list. Some may occur immediately after an abortion and others much later. If you can identify with more than two of these symptoms, it could be that you are experiencing post-abortion syndrome.

Ramah International is a non-profit ministry designed to outline post-abortion syndrome at an international level in three ways:

Offer the hope of abortion recovery to those struggling with a past abortion decision.

Minister to those in crisis pregnancy situations who are considering abortion by outlining the emotional, spiritual, psychological and physical side-effects of abortion, as well as offering physical and emotional support through referrals to local pregnancy care centers.

Educate, equip and encourage those working with post-abortive and abortion-minded individuals within pregnancy care centers, individual ministries and churches.

Women Who Regret Their Abortions Will Speak Out at Upcoming March for Life

Induced abortion and maternal suicide

THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PROLIFE OBSTETRICIANS AND GYNECOLOGISTS

ABORTION AND SUICIDE

http://www.aaplog.org/complications-of-induced-abortion/induced-abortion-and-maternal-mortality/induced-abortion-and-maternal-suicide/

Abortion Industry Converts Speak Out

In 1987, the Pro-Life Action League hosted the first Meet the Abortion Providers Conference. We invited former abortionists to tell their stories publicly for the first time. They revealed what led them into the abortion business, how their work killing babies impacted their lives and what eventually led them out of abortion.

Since then we have hosted four more Meet the Abortion Providers conferences, allowing former abortion doctors, nurses, clinic owners and others directly involved in abortion to tell their stories. Many of these stories are available on two videos produced from these conferences, Meet the Abortion Providers and Abortion: The Inside Story, both available on one DVD.

Read the Testimonies

Testimonies by the courageous former abortion providers below are available for you to read. 

continued....

http://www.prolifeaction.org/providers/

Woman Who Rejected Abortion During Cancer Wows X-Factor Show

http://www.lifenews.com/2011/09/21/woman-who-rejected-abortion-during-cancer-wows-x-factor-show/

http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org/index.aspx

http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org/testimonies/testimony5095.htm

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting justme00:

Quoting mmccrea:

That seems like fiction to me.  But, whatever.  She will probably regret it later.

. You truly make me want to vomit. Your lack of respect for human life is sick.

Sadly the fruits of millions of abortions here in America. Hardness of hearts.

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:23 AM
2 moms liked this

I've noticed, too, that some like to ask the questions, but don't like being asked the same questions.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting jcribb16:

Unfortunately Juju, some on here like to point the finger @ prolife advocates claiming we do not help women facing unplanned pregnancies or we fail to volunteer @ a woman's health center. Nothing could be further from the truth. We are all blessed with unique gifts. Charity comes in many forms. Volunteer @ a local clinic, financially contribute if able, necessity items, clothing, adoption referral, pray for women experiencing these situations, offering friendship, spiritual guidance etc. Rarely do I read about these women who question our sincerity, being involved in any charitable works to help women and their babies. They like to accuse us of walking away after the baby is born. More of an attempt to justify their stance for abortion.....

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

snipped tree

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN