Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Mom Changes Mind About Abortion After Newtown Shooting 

The school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut was a terrible tragedy that took the lives of two dozen children and school officials. However, the tragedy has helped millions of Americans foster a greater appreciation for children and human life.

Steve Rupp, Vice President of Missouri Right to Life, shares the following story of how it made such a monumental impact on one mother considering an abortion that she changed her mind:

With the horrid news from Connecticut–that is like an arrow piercing America’s heart–comes a story of tragedy turned triumphant.

My young nephew was running his small restaurant in Des Moines earlier this week when one of his employees came in to the store and asked if she could get her paycheck a little early. While he was in the office cutting her check, she sat at one of the WiFi computers to wait. On the screen, the story of the school shootings was being broadcast. The young lady started sobbing uncontrollably.

My nephew came out to console her and brought her back into his office to let her compose herself when she told him, “I needed my paycheck early because I have an appointment at Planned Parenthood this afternoon to have an abortion.” And then she said, “After seeing all of those innocent young children dying and all of those mothers who have had their children taken from them, I can’t go through with this abortion!”

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/12/21/mom-changes-mind-about-abortion-after-newtown-shooting/

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Replies (221-230):
jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:32 AM
3 moms liked this

I know you have posted this before, but this is definitely worth posting again. Thank you for taking the time to put this together again to post it tonight.  If this information even helps one mom to assure her there is help for her, then it's worth reposting several times.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

http://afterabortion.org/2000/abortion-four-times-deadlier-than-childbirth/

Women's Suicide Rates Highest After Abortion: New Study

http://afterabortion.org/2005/womens-suicide-rates-highest-after-abortion-new-study/

What Do Abortion Clinic Workers
Think About Abortion?

Some time ago Sarah Terzo did a research project on abortion, and gathered a huge collection of quotes and first hand accounts from clinic workers and abortion providers. Some selected quotes appear here from her interviews and research.

"After an abortion, the doctor must inspect these remains to make sure that all the fetal parts and placenta have been removed. Any tissue left inside the uterus can start an infection. Dr. Bours squeezed the contents of the sock into a shallow dish and poked around with his finger. "You can see a teeny tiny hand' he said."

--abortion clinic worker quoted in "Is the Fetus Human?" and in Dudley Clendinen, "The Abortion Conflict: What it Does to One Doctor" New York Times Magazine Aug 11 1985, 26  

"It [the fetus] is a form of life...This has to be killing...The question then becomes "is this kind of killing justifiable? In my own mind, it is justifiable, but only with the informed consent of the mother."

--abortionist quoted in "Democrat and Chronicle" 7/5/92

From the Dallas Observer 3/18/95

Former clinic administrator Charlotte Taft, "We were hiding from the women some of the pieces of truth about abortion that were threatening....It is a kind of killing."

http://www.2heartsnetwork.org/abortion.htm

Post Abortion Syndrome

Her Choice To Heal Finding Spiritual and Emotional Peace After Abortion

Post Abortion Stress Syndrome (PAS) affects everyone and is a form of post-traumatic stress disorder. The process of making an abortion choice, experiencing the procedure and living with the grief, pain and regret is certainly, at it's very core, traumatic. As with any trauma, individuals often try to "forget" the ordeal and deny or ignore any pain that may result.

Many simply don't relate their distress to the abortion experience. At some point, however, memories resurface and the truth of this loss can no longer be denied. During these moments, the pain of post-abortion syndrome reveals itself in the hearts of millions of lives.

The symptoms of post abortion syndrome will not necessarily appear at the same time, nor is likely that any woman will experience the entire list. Some may occur immediately after an abortion and others much later. If you can identify with more than two of these symptoms, it could be that you are experiencing post-abortion syndrome.

Ramah International is a non-profit ministry designed to outline post-abortion syndrome at an international level in three ways:

Offer the hope of abortion recovery to those struggling with a past abortion decision.

Minister to those in crisis pregnancy situations who are considering abortion by outlining the emotional, spiritual, psychological and physical side-effects of abortion, as well as offering physical and emotional support through referrals to local pregnancy care centers.

Educate, equip and encourage those working with post-abortive and abortion-minded individuals within pregnancy care centers, individual ministries and churches.

Women Who Regret Their Abortions Will Speak Out at Upcoming March for Life

Induced abortion and maternal suicide

THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PROLIFE OBSTETRICIANS AND GYNECOLOGISTS

ABORTION AND SUICIDE

http://www.aaplog.org/complications-of-induced-abortion/induced-abortion-and-maternal-mortality/induced-abortion-and-maternal-suicide/

Abortion Industry Converts Speak Out

In 1987, the Pro-Life Action League hosted the first Meet the Abortion Providers Conference. We invited former abortionists to tell their stories publicly for the first time. They revealed what led them into the abortion business, how their work killing babies impacted their lives and what eventually led them out of abortion.

Since then we have hosted four more Meet the Abortion Providers conferences, allowing former abortion doctors, nurses, clinic owners and others directly involved in abortion to tell their stories. Many of these stories are available on two videos produced from these conferences, Meet the Abortion Providers and Abortion: The Inside Story, both available on one DVD.

Read the Testimonies

Testimonies by the courageous former abortion providers below are available for you to read. 

continued....

http://www.prolifeaction.org/providers/

Woman Who Rejected Abortion During Cancer Wows X-Factor Show

http://www.lifenews.com/2011/09/21/woman-who-rejected-abortion-during-cancer-wows-x-factor-show/

http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org/index.aspx

http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org/testimonies/testimony5095.htm

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting jcribb16:

I know you have posted this before, but this is definitely worth posting again. Thank you for taking the time to put this together again to post it tonight.  If this information even helps one mom to assure her there is help for her, then it's worth reposting several times.

Thank you Juju. A few are different from my previous posts. There are tons of links to sites who reach out to women during their pregnancy and post abortion situations. Many do care about women and their babies :}

Quoting blondekosmic15:

http://afterabortion.org/2005/womens-suicide-rates-highest-after-abortion-new-study/

Think About Abortion?

Some time ago Sarah Terzo did a research project on abortion, and gathered a huge collection of quotes and first hand accounts from clinic workers and abortion providers. Some selected quotes appear here from her interviews and research.

"After an abortion, the doctor must inspect these remains to make sure that all the fetal parts and placenta have been removed. Any tissue left inside the uterus can start an infection. Dr. Bours squeezed the contents of the sock into a shallow dish and poked around with his finger. "You can see a teeny tiny hand' he said."

--abortion clinic worker quoted in "Is the Fetus Human?" and in Dudley Clendinen, "The Abortion Conflict: What it Does to One Doctor" New York Times Magazine Aug 11 1985, 26  

"It [the fetus] is a form of life...This has to be killing...The question then becomes "is this kind of killing justifiable? In my own mind, it is justifiable, but only with the informed consent of the mother."

Former clinic administrator Charlotte Taft, "We were hiding from the women some of the pieces of truth about abortion that were threatening....It is a kind of killing."

Post Abortion Syndrome

Post Abortion Stress Syndrome (PAS) affects everyone and is a form of post-traumatic stress disorder. The process of making an abortion choice, experiencing the procedure and living with the grief, pain and regret is certainly, at it's very core, traumatic. As with any trauma, individuals often try to "forget" the ordeal and deny or ignore any pain that may result.

Many simply don't relate their distress to the abortion experience. At some point, however, memories resurface and the truth of this loss can no longer be denied. During these moments, the pain of post-abortion syndrome reveals itself in the hearts of millions of lives.

The symptoms of post abortion syndrome will not necessarily appear at the same time, nor is likely that any woman will experience the entire list. Some may occur immediately after an abortion and others much later. If you can identify with more than two of these symptoms, it could be that you are experiencing post-abortion syndrome.

Ramah International is a non-profit ministry designed to outline post-abortion syndrome at an international level in three ways:

Offer the hope of abortion recovery to those struggling with a past abortion decision.

Minister to those in crisis pregnancy situations who are considering abortion by outlining the emotional, spiritual, psychological and physical side-effects of abortion, as well as offering physical and emotional support through referrals to local pregnancy care centers.

Educate, equip and encourage those working with post-abortive and abortion-minded individuals within pregnancy care centers, individual ministries and churches.

ABORTION AND SUICIDE

http://www.aaplog.org/complications-of-induced-abortion/induced-abortion-and-maternal-mortality/induced-abortion-and-maternal-suicide/

In 1987, the Pro-Life Action League hosted the first Meet the Abortion Providers Conference. We invited former abortionists to tell their stories publicly for the first time. They revealed what led them into the abortion business, how their work killing babies impacted their lives and what eventually led them out of abortion.

Since then we have hosted four more Meet the Abortion Providers conferences, allowing former abortion doctors, nurses, clinic owners and others directly involved in abortion to tell their stories. Many of these stories are available on two videos produced from these conferences, Meet the Abortion Providers and Abortion: The Inside Story, both available on one DVD.

Read the Testimonies

Testimonies by the courageous former abortion providers below are available for you to read. 

continued....

http://www.lifenews.com/2011/09/21/woman-who-rejected-abortion-during-cancer-wows-x-factor-show/

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:03 AM
2 moms liked this

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Jennifer Fulwiler
Hi! My name is Jennifer. I'm an atheist-to-Christian convert and a mom of five young children. If you were hoping to find a blog that talks about conversion, belief, motherhood, writing, wine, and/or horrific scorpion infestations, you've come to the right place. [
READ MORE]

Warning, some graphic descriptions to follow...

Abortion and Holocaust comparisons

A little over a year ago, shortly after I converted to the pro-life position from being rabidly pro-choice, I started to come across pro-life writing in which abortion was compared to the Holocaust. I balked at such comparisons. The rhetorical strategy of comparing whoever you dislike to Hitler and any kind of oppression you disagree with to the Holocaust is as weak as it is offensive, and I didn’t like to see pro-lifers stooping to that level.

The injustice I sensed in the comparison was that the victims of the Holocaust experienced a level of suffering that is unparalleled in the human experience, a kind of suffering that no unborn baby, even the victims of late-term abortions, would or could ever know. During the Nazi reign mothers had toddlers torn from their arms to be sent to their deaths or, perhaps worse, walked hand-in-hand with their children into gas chambers. Millions of people were yanked from their homes, shoved into cattle cars, then starved, shot, gassed, and subjected to sick medical experiments — and they all knew it was coming.

Ever since I learned about the events of the Nazi Holocaust in grade school not a week has gone by that I don’t think of its victims and feel a little queasy to imagine what they went thorough. To minimize the horror that took place there is unconscionable, and I detest loose comparisons to the Holocaust.

One thing that has surprised me, then, as I’ve researched the pro-life position further, is that I do see a critical similarity between abortion and the Holocaust. To be very clear, I do not think it’s the same thing. I do not think that they are directly analogous in every way. But I do think that both scourges are born of the same seed, and that it is not only appropriate but important to highlight what that is.

Radio Silence

As I looked more closely into the issue of abortion, one thing that struck me as odd is that you hear so little about the details of it in the media. One of the unfortunate hallmarks of our modern media is a zeal for reporting ratings-boosting stories of graphic crimes (the expression “if it bleeds, it leads” being common wisdom at modern newsdesks). From the local news to primetime shows like 20/20 and Dateline to much of the programming on networks like A&E and TruTV, salacious stories of blood and gore, cruelty and violence are recounted in detail, sometimes even showing photos of the bodies of murder victims.

These same camera crews probably wouldn’t even have to drive two miles to get shots of arms and legs and heads in medical waste bags* outside their local abortion clinics, yet you never hear anything about it. Shocking stories of murder and drama and coverups, such the Shanice Osbourne story, get zero airtime so long as they happen within the walls of an abortion clinic. The footage from the Spanish TV crew that filmed an abortion* that included shots of chubby little arms and legs stacked on a medical tray* was not picked up here. When the documents from the Supreme Court case of Stenberg v. Carhart were released, the following grizzly testimony was given by abortion doctor Leroy Carhart:

The fetus, in many cases, dies just as a human adult or child would: It bleeds to death as it is torn from limb from limb. The fetus can be alive at the beginning of the dismemberment process and can survive for a time while its limbs are being torn off. Dr. Carhart agreed that “[w]hen you pull out a piece of the fetus, let’s say, an arm or a leg and remove that, at the time just prior to removal of the portion of the fetus…the fetus [is] alive.” Dr. Carhart has observed fetal heartbeat via ultrasound with “extensive parts of the fetus removed,” and testified that mere dismemberment of a limb does not always cause death because he knows of a physician who removed the arm of a fetus only to have the fetus go on to be born “as a living child with one arm.”

It was met by the sound of the proverbial crickets chirping

The more I thought about it, the more I found it to be an odd inconsistency that in our modern world where we love gore and sensationalism, the horror and drama that take place in abortion clinics in every major city every day are met with complete radio silence.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

continued...

Inconsistent Terms

1abortion nov pp1 Abortion and Holocaust comparisonsThe inconsistencies weren’t only in the media.

I’ve mentioned before that I did a lot of looking the other way when I was pro-choice. I never watched a video of an abortion* to get a good look at just what I was supporting, and just rolled my eyes when those lunatic pro-lifers put pictures of aborted fetuses in my face. I went into more detail here about the psychology behind it, but even glimpses of bloody little severed arms* from first-trimester abortion photos didn’t raise my heart rate when I saw them — because they were just photos of “fetuses.”

Yet I noticed that when I became pregnant with my first child, I wasn’t terrified of losing the “fetus” to miscarriage; I was terrified of losing the baby. When I was 10 weeks pregnant I didn’t buy a handheld Doppler so that I could lie in bed and listen to the “clump of tissue”‘s heartbeat; I was listening to my child’s heartbeat.

When my doctor first told me that I was pregnant, I remember her asking me what vitamins I was taking. I told her about a brand I liked from Whole Foods, and she cut me off in mid-sentence to give me a stern lecture. It was my responsibility to look out for this little person, she told me, and proceeded to inform me of all the amazing development my baby was going through right now. She gave me a prescription for superior vitamins and rattled off a list of dietary changes I needed to make to nourish my baby.

Less than a year later an acquaintance went to this same doctor with a surprise pregnancy that she did not want. The doctor assured her that the procedure for expelling the “fetus” was a simple one and scheduled her for an abortion. This woman was at the same stage of pregnancy as I had been at that first visit, but the word “baby” was not used at her appointment. I was offered an ultrasound to see my new child with my own eyes; she was not.

1abortion nov ad clinics Abortion and Holocaust comparisonsI once visited a friend’s baby who was born prematurely in a local hospital’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and became dizzy when I realized that these children, with the little cards and decorations on their incubators, these precious little boys and girls who had names and moms and dads, were the “fetuses” described in late-second-trimester abortion medical literature. It would be a horror to think of someone reaching into one of glass cribs and harming one of these children, yet to kill them in the most gruesome of ways was legal and accepted as long as it was called an “abortion.” When I was exposed to videos of doctors smiling when talking about such practices (and acknowledging that they’re often performed for non-dire reasons) and applauding their colleagues when it was demonstrated live [MP3], I felt ill; when I saw the smooth, euphemistic terms abortion clinics used to describe their procedures in their literature and then compared that to the accurate details of what actually happens in those procedures without the glossy terms, I felt like I was surrounded by widespread misinformation and deception.

I began to notice that as a culture, by default, we consider new life in the womb to be babies — precious children. But as soon as they get inconvenient we downgrade them to “fetuses” and exile them from human society. It was around this time that I began to see the common thread between abortion and the Nazi Holocaust.

The Root

The practice of abortion is far different from what took place in the Nazi concentration camps.

abortion nov yp4 Abortion and Holocaust comparisonsEven in later-stage abortions, infants don’t experience the horror of knowing ahead of time that they’ve been marked for execution. They don’t know what’s happening to them as they’re dismembered or burned with chemicals (or, as the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommends, delivered alive and killed outside the womb so that their bone fragments and “free-floating heads” don’t cause complications). And though we have video* of babies at 12 weeks pulling their heads back, moving their arms and legs and contorting their bodies to avoid abortionists’ instruments before they’re killed, we can be certain that at their young age they experienced nowhere near the level of sickening dread that the people in the concentration camp barracks lived with every day.

What I came to see, though, was that for all the many differences, there is one thing that is the same about the Holocaust and the modern practice of abortion, and it is something critical:

At the root of both scourges is a particular strain of evil, the most virulent that the devil possesses. It is the kind of evil that works to take away the humanity of human beings. It whispers in the ears of one group of people that a certain other group of people are something less than human, less worthy of life because of race or religion or physical ability or age. And once this is accomplished, once a group of people have been thoroughly dehumanized in the mind of their society, evil can run wild while the populace yawns.

From personal experience, I came to see why it is so very important to always be on the lookout for this most insidious, malignant type of evil that spawned both the Holocaust and the modern abortion movement: because it is the kind that allows normal people like you and me to look at the corpses of our fellow human beings*, to know that they’re piling up around us, and shrug.

http://www.conversiondiary.com/2008/11/abortion-and-holocaust-comparisons.html

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for posting all of this.  What an amazing testimony and extreme honesty and bluntness.  The horror; now if only some would seriously take the time to read this and research for themselves.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

continued...

Inconsistent Terms

1abortion nov pp1 Abortion and Holocaust comparisonsThe inconsistencies weren’t only in the media.

I’ve mentioned before that I did a lot of looking the other way when I was pro-choice. I never watched a video of an abortion* to get a good look at just what I was supporting, and just rolled my eyes when those lunatic pro-lifers put pictures of aborted fetuses in my face. I went into more detail here about the psychology behind it, but even glimpses of bloody little severed arms* from first-trimester abortion photos didn’t raise my heart rate when I saw them — because they were just photos of “fetuses.”

Yet I noticed that when I became pregnant with my first child, I wasn’t terrified of losing the “fetus” to miscarriage; I was terrified of losing the baby. When I was 10 weeks pregnant I didn’t buy a handheld Doppler so that I could lie in bed and listen to the “clump of tissue”‘s heartbeat; I was listening to my child’s heartbeat.

When my doctor first told me that I was pregnant, I remember her asking me what vitamins I was taking. I told her about a brand I liked from Whole Foods, and she cut me off in mid-sentence to give me a stern lecture. It was my responsibility to look out for this little person, she told me, and proceeded to inform me of all the amazing development my baby was going through right now. She gave me a prescription for superior vitamins and rattled off a list of dietary changes I needed to make to nourish my baby.

Less than a year later an acquaintance went to this same doctor with a surprise pregnancy that she did not want. The doctor assured her that the procedure for expelling the “fetus” was a simple one and scheduled her for an abortion. This woman was at the same stage of pregnancy as I had been at that first visit, but the word “baby” was not used at her appointment. I was offered an ultrasound to see my new child with my own eyes; she was not.

1abortion nov ad clinics Abortion and Holocaust comparisonsI once visited a friend’s baby who was born prematurely in a local hospital’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and became dizzy when I realized that these children, with the little cards and decorations on their incubators, these precious little boys and girls who had names and moms and dads, were the “fetuses” described in late-second-trimester abortion medical literature. It would be a horror to think of someone reaching into one of glass cribs and harming one of these children, yet to kill them in the most gruesome of ways was legal and accepted as long as it was called an “abortion.” When I was exposed to videos of doctors smiling when talking about such practices (and acknowledging that they’re often performed for non-dire reasons) and applauding their colleagues when it was demonstrated live [MP3], I felt ill; when I saw the smooth, euphemistic terms abortion clinics used to describe their procedures in their literature and then compared that to the accurate details of what actually happens in those procedures without the glossy terms, I felt like I was surrounded by widespread misinformation and deception.

I began to notice that as a culture, by default, we consider new life in the womb to be babies — precious children. But as soon as they get inconvenient we downgrade them to “fetuses” and exile them from human society. It was around this time that I began to see the common thread between abortion and the Nazi Holocaust.

The Root

The practice of abortion is far different from what took place in the Nazi concentration camps.

abortion nov yp4 Abortion and Holocaust comparisonsEven in later-stage abortions, infants don’t experience the horror of knowing ahead of time that they’ve been marked for execution. They don’t know what’s happening to them as they’re dismembered or burned with chemicals (or, as the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommends, delivered alive and killed outside the womb so that their bone fragments and “free-floating heads” don’t cause complications). And though we have video* of babies at 12 weeks pulling their heads back, moving their arms and legs and contorting their bodies to avoid abortionists’ instruments before they’re killed, we can be certain that at their young age they experienced nowhere near the level of sickening dread that the people in the concentration camp barracks lived with every day.

What I came to see, though, was that for all the many differences, there is one thing that is the same about the Holocaust and the modern practice of abortion, and it is something critical:

At the root of both scourges is a particular strain of evil, the most virulent that the devil possesses. It is the kind of evil that works to take away the humanity of human beings. It whispers in the ears of one group of people that a certain other group of people are something less than human, less worthy of life because of race or religion or physical ability or age. And once this is accomplished, once a group of people have been thoroughly dehumanized in the mind of their society, evil can run wild while the populace yawns.

From personal experience, I came to see why it is so very important to always be on the lookout for this most insidious, malignant type of evil that spawned both the Holocaust and the modern abortion movement: because it is the kind that allows normal people like you and me to look at the corpses of our fellow human beings*, to know that they’re piling up around us, and shrug.

http://www.conversiondiary.com/2008/11/abortion-and-holocaust-comparisons.html

chloedee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Think About Abortion?

Post Abortion Syndrome

ABORTION AND SUICIDE

Read the Testimonies

continued....

Do you have a single article in support of any of this from an unbiased, scientific source? Because absolutely none of this is supported by mainstream science, and considering that no pro-choicer would expect you to take Planned Parenthood as a source, I'm unsure of why you expect us to lend any credence to these rabidly pro-life, biased sources.

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting chloedee:

Do you have a single article in support of any of this from an unbiased, scientific source? Because absolutely none of this is supported by mainstream science, and considering that no pro-choicer would expect you to take Planned Parenthood as a source, I'm unsure of why you expect us to lend any credence to these rabidly pro-life, biased sources.

The blaring headline of the woman who was on X-Factor after having cancer and not getting an abortion stopped me cold.  You know, it could be true.  It doesn't matter.  She also could have died, or the baby could have died.  The truth is that women need to have legal protection to make those very difficult choices based on what is best for them, and not be forced into no choice because of someone else's religious belief.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Quoting chloedee:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Science and religion coincide life begins @ conception. Those who support abortion continue to deny reality and the truth. Unfortunately, many who believe it's acceptable to kill an unborn child do not care about the truth. Common sense, wisdom, motherhood, reveals a woman's body was never created to kill her child. To think serious repercussions will not happen reflects an unwillingness to acknowledge the true nature of abortion, consequences to society, familes, the physical/emotional scars thereafter. If you are seeking a neutral source, you will do so in vain. I have taken time to extensively research abortion, talk to experts, attend conferences, listen to women post abortion experiences. My faith in Jesus teaches me abortion is murder. I do not question the Author of Life nor do I pretend to be more wise than our Creator.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not believe, no explanation is sufficient.

Victims of statutory rape or other sexual abuse and their parents can sue Planned Parenthood or any other family planning service that helped to conceal this crime and we help victims of botched abortions or other abortion injuries also.

http://www.abortioninjury.com/

Abortion Changes You

http://www.abortionchangesyou.com/

Fetuses Have Memories

http://www.livescience.com/5585-fetuses-memories.html

http://www.unbornintheusa.org/pages/P_lifebegins.htm

The Embryo in the eighteenth week following conception.

You formed my inmost being;
You knit me in my mother's womb.
I praise you, so wonderfully you made me;
Wonderful are your works!
My very self you knew;
My bones were not hidden from you,
When I was being made in secret,
Fashioned as in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes foresaw my actions;
In your book all are written down;
My days were shaped, before one came to be.
Psalms 139:13-16

"In those days Mary arose and went with haste into the hill country, to a city of Judah,
and she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth.
And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb;
and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and she exclaimed with a loud cry,
"Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!
And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
For behold, when the voice of your greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leaped for joy."
Gospel of Luke 1:39-44

chloedee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting chloedee:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Science and religion coincide life begins @ conception. Those who support abortion continue to deny reality and the truth. Unfortunately, many who believe it's acceptable to kill an unborn child do not care about the truth. Common sense, wisdom, motherhood, reveals a woman's body was never created to kill her child. To think serious repercussions will not happen reflects an unwillingness to acknowledge the true nature of abortion, consequences to society, familes, the physical/emotional scars thereafter. If you are seeking a neutral source, you will do so in vain. I have taken time to extensively research abortion, talk to experts, attend conferences, listen to women post abortion experiences. My faith in Jesus teaches me abortion is murder. I do not question the Author of Life nor do I pretend to be more wise than our Creator.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not believe, no explanation is sufficient.

No, science does not support a causal relationship between negative mental health outcomes and abortion, no legitimate psychological organization believes there is such a thing as "post abortion syndrome", and no causal breast cancer/severe negative health outcomes have ever been independently proven. I am happy to provide neutral sources, while you have conceded that you will only be able to provide biased pro-life propaganda- I have also taken the time to extensively research abortion, have reached a very different conclusion than you, and am happy to back up my well research position with scientific data that is not authored on political or religious websites.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN