Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Mom Changes Mind About Abortion After Newtown Shooting 

The school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut was a terrible tragedy that took the lives of two dozen children and school officials. However, the tragedy has helped millions of Americans foster a greater appreciation for children and human life.

Steve Rupp, Vice President of Missouri Right to Life, shares the following story of how it made such a monumental impact on one mother considering an abortion that she changed her mind:

With the horrid news from Connecticut–that is like an arrow piercing America’s heart–comes a story of tragedy turned triumphant.

My young nephew was running his small restaurant in Des Moines earlier this week when one of his employees came in to the store and asked if she could get her paycheck a little early. While he was in the office cutting her check, she sat at one of the WiFi computers to wait. On the screen, the story of the school shootings was being broadcast. The young lady started sobbing uncontrollably.

My nephew came out to console her and brought her back into his office to let her compose herself when she told him, “I needed my paycheck early because I have an appointment at Planned Parenthood this afternoon to have an abortion.” And then she said, “After seeing all of those innocent young children dying and all of those mothers who have had their children taken from them, I can’t go through with this abortion!”

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/12/21/mom-changes-mind-about-abortion-after-newtown-shooting/

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Replies (231-240):
romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting chloedee:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Do you have a single article in support of any of this from an unbiased, scientific source? Because absolutely none of this is supported by mainstream science, and considering that no pro-choicer would expect you to take Planned Parenthood as a source, I'm unsure of why you expect us to lend any credence to these rabidly pro-life, biased sources.

Science and religion coincide life begins @ conception. Those who support abortion continue to deny reality and the truth. Unfortunately, many who believe it's acceptable to kill an unborn child do not care about the truth. Common sense, wisdom, motherhood, reveals a woman's body was never created to kill her child. To think serious repercussions will not happen reflects an unwillingness to acknowledge the true nature of abortion, consequences to society, familes, the physical/emotional scars thereafter. If you are seeking a neutral source, you will do so in vain. I have taken time to extensively research abortion, talk to experts, attend conferences, listen to women post abortion experiences. My faith in Jesus teaches me abortion is murder. I do not question the Author of Life nor do I pretend to be more wise than our Creator.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not believe, no explanation is sufficient.

Victims of statutory rape or other sexual abuse and their parents can sue Planned Parenthood or any other family planning service that helped to conceal this crime and we help victims of botched abortions or other abortion injuries also.

http://www.abortioninjury.com/

Abortion Changes You

http://www.abortionchangesyou.com/

Fetuses Have Memories

http://www.livescience.com/5585-fetuses-memories.html

http://www.unbornintheusa.org/pages/P_lifebegins.htm

The Embryo in the eighteenth week following conception.

You formed my inmost being;
You knit me in my mother's womb.
I praise you, so wonderfully you made me;
Wonderful are your works!
My very self you knew;
My bones were not hidden from you,
When I was being made in secret,
Fashioned as in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes foresaw my actions;
In your book all are written down;
My days were shaped, before one came to be.
Psalms 139:13-16

"In those days Mary arose and went with haste into the hill country, to a city of Judah,
and she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth.
And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb;
and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and she exclaimed with a loud cry,
"Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!
And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
For behold, when the voice of your greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leaped for joy."
Gospel of Luke 1:39-44

Between 25 and 50 percent of fertilized eggs are spontaneously aborted by the human body, about half of them never having implanted, the rest in a miscarriage, sometimes so early on the woman never knew she was pregnant.

That's an awfully high number for your assertion that "life begins at conception" to hold water.  That means almost half the time there is a conception there isn't a baby without any human intervention.

I appreciate your earnestness and fervor on this topic.  I continue to think you are wrongheaded in expecting everyone to agree with you.

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Did anyone find out if this story is false?  I find it odd that there is very little given in the way of details.  

VeronicaTex
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:25 PM
3 moms liked this

Your most recent sharings in this post, I know, as always,  are an inspiration from God, to share the truth of the unborn child...

From researching myself, I know the hard work it is.

Your work is greatly appreciated.

Life is beautiful and is to always be cherished.

I heard something in Daily Mass yesterday that a priest said about any child being an infant. Father said that the word infant is used because it means the child at that point does not have a voice yet to speak .....such as these innocent precious ones in the womb....

Thank you for your efforts to being the truth and beauty to us here in this forum of the gifts from God:  the infants.

Veronica

RutterMama
by Tia on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Praise God for her!!

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting romalove:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting chloedee:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Do you have a single article in support of any of this from an unbiased, scientific source? Because absolutely none of this is supported by mainstream science, and considering that no pro-choicer would expect you to take Planned Parenthood as a source, I'm unsure of why you expect us to lend any credence to these rabidly pro-life, biased sources.

Science and religion coincide life begins @ conception. Those who support abortion continue to deny reality and the truth. Unfortunately, many who believe it's acceptable to kill an unborn child do not care about the truth. Common sense, wisdom, motherhood, reveals a woman's body was never created to kill her child. To think serious repercussions will not happen reflects an unwillingness to acknowledge the true nature of abortion, consequences to society, familes, the physical/emotional scars thereafter. If you are seeking a neutral source, you will do so in vain. I have taken time to extensively research abortion, talk to experts, attend conferences, listen to women post abortion experiences. My faith in Jesus teaches me abortion is murder. I do not question the Author of Life nor do I pretend to be more wise than our Creator.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not believe, no explanation is sufficient.

Victims of statutory rape or other sexual abuse and their parents can sue Planned Parenthood or any other family planning service that helped to conceal this crime and we help victims of botched abortions or other abortion injuries also.

http://www.abortioninjury.com/

Abortion Changes You

http://www.abortionchangesyou.com/

Fetuses Have Memories

http://www.livescience.com/5585-fetuses-memories.html

http://www.unbornintheusa.org/pages/P_lifebegins.htm

The Embryo in the eighteenth week following conception.

You formed my inmost being;
You knit me in my mother's womb.
I praise you, so wonderfully you made me;
Wonderful are your works!
My very self you knew;
My bones were not hidden from you,
When I was being made in secret,
Fashioned as in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes foresaw my actions;
In your book all are written down;
My days were shaped, before one came to be.
Psalms 139:13-16

"In those days Mary arose and went with haste into the hill country, to a city of Judah,
and she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth.
And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb;
and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and she exclaimed with a loud cry,
"Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!
And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
For behold, when the voice of your greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leaped for joy."
Gospel of Luke 1:39-44

Between 25 and 50 percent of fertilized eggs are spontaneously aborted by the human body, about half of them never having implanted, the rest in a miscarriage, sometimes so early on the woman never knew she was pregnant.

Comparing a miscarriage to a saline abortion or a suction abortion is a failure to understand the true nature of abortion, the deliberate destruction of human life by the mother and her Dr. God forms a baby in the mother's womb. A miscarriage may be an act of God or if the mother experiences health concerns, the baby will pass into eternity due to reasons beyond her control. Abortion is a deliberate act by another human being to end life.

That's an awfully high number for your assertion that "life begins at conception" to hold water.  That means almost half the time there is a conception there isn't a baby without any human intervention.

This is not my assertion or personal opinion, roma. My opinion is formed from scientific findings which reflect the teachings of Jesus in reference to the sanctity of human life. Those who believe life begins @ conception, echo the wisdom of the Bible and Science.

I appreciate your earnestness and fervor on this topic.  I continue to think you are wrongheaded in expecting everyone to agree with you.

Thank you for your appreciation, roma. You are entitled to your opinion and I do NOT expect everyone to agree with me. Touching the life of one person is worth the effort and the time to inspire a change of heart to believe abortion kills an innocent child.

imamomzilla
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I don' t know how many they do a day...but yea the law of supply and demand dictates how profitable that path would be. I knew a girl who said the "clinic" where she had hers would ONLY accept cash. You do the math.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting imamomzilla:

What "lies" are you referring to specifically?

Isn't that the movie made by a FORMER abortionist turned Pro Life?

What do you suppose would motivate a person to have a change of heart and leave a very lucrative career?

Hmm....

confused

Quoting Tea4Tas:

I NEVER believe anything I read from pro life sources. They have been caught lying too many times. They make up stories (Silent Scream ) anyone?

They convince woman they can have their babies and do well-and then vanish after the baby is born providing very little in the way of services.

They tell the woman about section 8 and Tanf and food stamps and never mention that the lists for section 8 are often closed or with a year wait and that the Tanf they will get is about $300 or so a month-hardly enough to live on.....

Abortion is a lucrative career?  Really? because I have had medical abortions for missed miscarriages-and I KNOW that the Dr's who charged me (or my insurance) over $2400 to remove fetal tissue from my uterus aren't charging that when they do actual abortions!

So no, "abortionist" is NOT a "lucrative profession"

PeeperSqueak
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

How sad for you that you can't tell the difference between an embryo and a living breathing born child.

VeronicaTex
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:45 AM

How sad for you that you do not respect the dignity of all human life.

Veronica

Quoting romalove:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

How sad for you that you can't tell the difference between an embryo and a living breathing born child.

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Quoting VeronicaTex:

How sad for you that you do not respect the dignity of all human life.

Veronica

Quoting romalove:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

I respect human life.  I would never have an abortion unless my life was endangered.

I could say to you that you only respect unborn life and not the lives born women who, if you had your way, could die being forced to maintain pregnancies that endanger their lives.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN