Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Is It Strange....

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:09 PM
  • 362 Replies
1 mom liked this

....no matter the title of a thread, if I see who the poster is, I can tell immediately what the bias of the article will be?

Does anyone else notice this?

Nothing, or precious little, is posted on a factual basis for discussion, almost everything is posted to prove or disprove a point.

Why is that?

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peanutx3
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:10 PM
4 moms liked this

We all have an agenda.  :)

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Quoting Peanutx3:

What's yours?  :-)

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I notice it all the time.  

I think that we do it simply because it is easier for us to go ahead and put up our defenses.  Because face it, I know when I post something no matter what it says or where I am headed with the post there are members here who will have their own misinformed views and opinions and will derail the conversation in no time.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
3 moms liked this

SIGH

Peanutx3
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Peanutx3:

What's yours?  :-)

Honestly I really don't think I have an agenda.  I am one of the few that if I post an article there is no agenda attached to it (usually).  I do think most posters do have an agenda when they are posting an article. 

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:13 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting romalove:

....no matter the title of a thread, if I see who the poster is, I can tell immediately what the bias of the article will be?

Does anyone else notice this?

Nothing, or precious little, is posted on a factual basis for discussion, almost everything is posted to prove or disprove a point.

Why is that?

You are of course, including yourself, yes?
nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I do it and I see other people do it all the time.I am a proud progressive liberal and post from the left all the time.

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:22 PM
9 moms liked this

"Their own misinformed views and opinions?"  Once again, you are showing your true colors by insinuating that only your views are informed and correct and anyone disagreeing with you is misinformed and wrong.  No wonder many of your threads derail.  You are not open to others having opinions that conflict with yours.

To Roma - this is one reason right here, why many of those kinds of threads are being made - to cut down the opposite views and make them appear wrong and foolish, not to mention stupid.  It's kind of like who can make the other side look the worst - it doesn't work.

Quoting blues_pagan:

I think that we do it simply because it is easier for us to go ahead and put up our defenses.  Because face it, I know when I post something no matter what it says or where I am headed with the post there are members here who will have their own misinformed views and opinions and will derail the conversation in no time.

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Did I say that my views are the only ones that are informed?

I am open to others thoughts.  But when those thought go towards telling me that because your religion says this or because some very bias news source says this and that is why I am wrong I tend to regard those individuals as misinformed.  

I have had some great conversations with people who I don't agree with on all issues.  We have come to some great middle ground and I have learned a lot about their side.  But honestly there are some members here, and you happen to be one of them, that I don't take seriously or being educated.

Sorry if that hurts your feelings but that is all any of these members have proven to me so far.

Quoting jcribb16:

"Their own misinformed views and opinions?"  Once again, you are showing your true colors by insinuating that only your views are informed and correct and anyone disagreeing with you is misinformed and wrong.  No wonder many of your threads derail.  You are not open to others having opinions that conflict with yours.

To Roma - this is one reason right here, why many of those kinds of threads are being made - to cut down the opposite views and make them appear wrong and foolish, not to mention stupid.  It's kind of like who can make the other side look the worst - it doesn't work.

Quoting blues_pagan:

7SportsMom7
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:25 PM
5 moms liked this

Interesting, that's how I read blues comment as well.  

And I have to agree with your second statement ... does seem to happen a lot.

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN