Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

CNN'S PIERS MORGAN WANTS TO BAN 'IDIOCY' OF CONSTITUTION

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 44 Replies
1 mom liked this

5 Jan 2013 

CNN's Piers Morgan is still engaged in his crusade against the U.S. Constitution. His latest salvo in that war is to call "idiocy" on those who support the Second Amendment.

As is his wont, British citizen Morgan took to his Twitter account once again to denouncethose in favor of the rights Americans enjoy.

A young man from Indiana going by the name Brice Widau tweeted to Morgan asking him why we don't "ban mayonnaise" since obesity is supposedly a bigger killer in the U.S. than are guns. Piers replied to the young man saying that he and those who support the Constitution are wallowing in "idiocy," and he wants to "ban" it.

I'd rather ban your kind of idiocy > RT @bassistbrice: @piersmorgan obesity is a number one killer in America. Should we ban mayonnaise?

Clearly the Second Amendment isn't the only part of that Constitution thingie foreign citizen Morgan despises. He is also against that whole "freedom of speech" business.

Of course, this is the same Piers Morgan who claimed that "being civil" was necessary for a proper debate in the U.S.

He's also the CNNer that called a guest "unbelievably stupid," you know, for civility's sake. Not to mention the guy who said that the Bible needed to be rewritten. There goes that "freedom of religion" part of the U.S. Constitution.

Then again, he's also the bloke that threatened to scurry back to his own country and self-deport over the fact that he so hates the U.S. Constitution. We here heartily support that decision... not that his fellow countrymen do.

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blues_pagan
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:35 PM
3 moms liked this

If you notice, entertainers like him, Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity all have the same thing in common...they all say outrageous things to bring up  ratings and views.

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I watch Piers Morgan even less than I watched Larry King.

I think he says abrasive stuff to get attention.

Ednarooni160
by Eds on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:38 PM
5 moms liked this

I'll take Sean Hannity over this guy  ANY day... Sean stands UP for the constitution.. This guy tears it down while being "able" to say what he wants BECAUSE of the Constitution giving him the right to do so.

MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:48 PM
8 moms liked this

This guy, Warner Todd Huston, is kinda dumb.

First off - he published Morgan's tweet.  First mistake, because no one should take tweets seriously.

Secondly, Morgan's tweet -- since we're analyzing, and he published it again, so let's analyze it - isn't calling someone an idiot for supporting the second amendment. 

Third, um, it's totally free speech to call someone an idiot, so that whole being against "freedom of speech" sentence is so very dumb.  And it's totally freedom of religion to say a bible should be rewritten.

That said, I truly do love the irony of someone calling it against the constitution when someone says that the consitution should be changed. . .cause, y'know, the fact that the constitution can be changed is right there in the constitution.  It's really one of those moments that tells me, point blank, that the person has no idea what they are talking about. 

MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting blues_pagan:

If you notice, entertainers like him, Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity all have the same thing in common...they all say outrageous things to bring up  ratings and views.

One of the many reasons I avoid cable "news" like the plague.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

What specific examples of "outrageous" things are you referring to for O'Reilly and Hannity? I have rarely seen their shows but have a good idea of how they think. Thanks.

But don't you think Piers Morgan saying we should do away with the Constitution AND EVEN FREEDOM OF SPEECH steps over the line from sensationalist to almost political heresy? And it's not even his country- he's here because we allow him to be here.

Quoting blues_pagan:

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Bill O'Reilly

"I just wish Katrina had only hit the United Nations building, nothing else, just had flooded them out, and I wouldn't have rescued them." --on his radio show, Sept. 14, 2005 (Source)

"If I'm the president of the United States, I walk right into Union Square, I set up my little presidential podium, and I say, 'Listen, citizens of San Francisco, if you vote against military recruiting, you're not going to get another nickel in federal funds. Fine. You want to be your own country? Go right ahead. And if Al Qaeda comes in here and blows you up, we're not going to do anything about it. We're going to say, look, every other place in America is off limits to you, except San Francisco. You want to blow up the Coit Tower? Go ahead.'" --after San Francisco voted to ban military recruiters from city schools, Nov. 8, 2005 (Listen to audio clip) (Source

Sean Hannity

"Here you are, you're a liberal, probably define peace as the absence of conflict. I define peace as the ability to defend yourself and blow your enemies into smithereens." —Fox News host Sean Hannity (October 2009)

"Halloween is a liberal holiday because we're teaching our children to beg for something for free. … We're teaching kids to knock on other people's doors and ask for a handout." —Fox News host Sean Hannity (October 31, 2007)

"[Liberal rhetoric] now is so over the top, it's so vicious, it's so mean, it's so cruel, and I don't hear this coming from conservatives about liberals." —Fox News host Sean Hannity, with a straight face.

As for Piers being a non-citizen this sensationalizes the story that much more and  I think he knows this.

Quoting SallyMJ:

What specific examples of "outrageous" things are you referring to for O'Reilly and Hannity? I have rarely seen their shows but have a good idea of how they think. Thanks.

But don't you think Piers Morgan saying we should do away with the Constitution AND EVEN FREEDOM OF SPEECH steps over the line from sensationalist to almost political heresy? And it's not even his country- he's here because we allow him to be here.

Quoting blues_pagan:

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I don't watch tv only Netflix.

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Quoting blues_pagan:

One of the many reasons I avoid cable "news" like the plague.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I have no problem with the writer using Tweets. News articles are starting to use Tweets - I've seen them for about the last 4 months or so. It is a lot of people's major form of communication.

Of course it's freedom of speech - but the point is, isn't it odd and a bit outrageous for someone who LIVES here who's not even a citizen to do that? I understand if someone is in another country, but it's rude - it's like spitting in the faces of the American people. And I bet at some point he may want to become a citizen. Kind of hypocritical. 

I find it interesting that someone who says outrageous things wants to do away with freedom of speech. If he said these kinds of things in the UK, he might be charged and have to go to trial for libel. Definitely ironic.

Quoting MsDenuninani:

This guy, Warner Todd Huston, is kinda dumb.

First off - he published Morgan's tweet.  First mistake, because no one should take tweets seriously.

Secondly, Morgan's tweet -- since we're analyzing, and he published it again, so let's analyze it - isn't calling someone an idiot for supporting the second amendment. 

Third, um, it's totally free speech to call someone an idiot, so that whole being against "freedom of speech" sentence is so very dumb.  And it's totally freedom of religion to say a bible should be rewritten.

That said, I truly do love the irony of someone calling it against the constitution when someone says that the consitution should be changed. . .cause, y'know, the fact that the constitution can be changed is right there in the constitution.  It's really one of those moments that tells me, point blank, that the person has no idea what they are talking about. 

PamR
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Seeing as how he is not King of the Universe, I don't think we need to worry about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN