Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

I have not read or posted in this group lately...

Posted by   + Show Post

My frustrations with some in this group were when I posted something I was immediately attacked, so I am thinking I just will remove myself from this group. I have my feelings about certain things that I know are going on because our family is feeling it! I love this country and am afraid for its future and that of my children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. I feel it already, see it coming, and can't understand why it is continuing without anyone stopping it. There are three different taxes that have increased for us this month already and shortened our paychecks. My husband will probably have to work for many more years and he is 71, but we still have two young children to feed and clothe and all that. I am helping by homeschooling them so we won't have to pay for private school anymore which we had been doing. Our public schools are not great and lots of things are going on with them, just not suitable for special needs children. We are all doing our share. More and more families are becoming preppers because they fear for their future, we are not preppers, but maybe it is not a bad idea to prepare a little.

Maybe people fear another McCarthy time (Red Scare)! I think we are going backwards not forwards. That doesn't mean people can't disagree with my views, but my views are my experiences and what I research when I read about something. But anyway, my life in this group may be short-lived. :)

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Replies (21-24):
Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Also, if you are personally being attacked or insulted please report the issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:59 AM
It's true! ;-)

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting ArianEponae:

Starting to think I heart you, kisser so you know :-)

Never give up. Never back down. Stand up for whatever it is that you believe in, no matter what the topic is!

Of course, if you don't like the actions within a group, find a new one. I just started starting my own :-)

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Those of us that are in this minority feel as you do.

Don't let 'em get to you, stay and fight the good fight and stand up for what you believe.  They think they will knock us down and get us to see things their way by attacking us, but all it does is makes me stronger and more determined. 

We may be outnumbered, but we don't need to let them overtake us. 

Funny...I was just thinking that I heart this new chick here I just encountered this morning. 

I'm different, and sometimes controversial...but those that know me and GET ME find they love me.  ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM

On one level, I'm sorry you feel that way, but on another level, I'm not.

Here's my thinking:

Everyone in this group, at one point or another, gets "attacked."

I've been around now for several months, and I've pretty much seen everybody at some point been called stupid or ignorant or dumb or some passive-aggressive version of stupid, ignorant, or dumb.

It's happened to me, and I've been accused of doing it to others (I still respectfully disagree, but that's another story.)

But at the end of the day, I think, people come back to the boards becaue they are interested in the world around them, and because they believe what they do quite strongly, and some of them (including me) welcome the opportunity to be strident and forceful in our beliefs.  And honestly, in a world where women are still often believed to be "not very political," I find the women on these boards kinda refreshing. 

That said, if you truly cannot take the sensation of being "attacked" then perhaps these boards are not a good fit.  Still, remember -- at the end of the day, it's strangers on the internet, and maybe we all shouldn't take it so seriously.

toomanypoodles
by Poodles on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting ArianEponae:

Starting to think I heart you, kisser so you know :-)

Never give up. Never back down. Stand up for whatever it is that you believe in, no matter what the topic is!

Of course, if you don't like the actions within a group, find a new one. I just started starting my own :-)

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Those of us that are in this minority feel as you do.

Don't let 'em get to you, stay and fight the good fight and stand up for what you believe.  They think they will knock us down and get us to see things their way by attacking us, but all it does is makes me stronger and more determined. 

We may be outnumbered, but we don't need to let them overtake us. 

Funny...I was just thinking that I heart this new chick here I just encountered this morning. 

I'm different, and sometimes controversial...but those that know me and GET ME find they love me.  ;)

Lets's not get crazy. wink

Crazy poodle---knows she's loved.  ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN