Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Why Liberals think those against gay marriage are silly

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:40 PM
  • 20 Replies

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
susan115
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:43 PM
6 moms liked this

Liberals also, believe that those who disagree with them aren't very smart and should not be allowed to talk.  Because, liberals are bullies, no intellectual thought(they believe they are smarter), no discussions, no middle ground.  Now, I am correct, aren't blues_pagan, that is why posted that silly cartoon?

stacefaceninja
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:44 PM
LOL...funny. I can't wait to read this post later.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jmetz4
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:50 PM
4 moms liked this

Replace liberals with my FIL. You described him to a T. He's a extremely conservative republican southern baptist. But I don't judge each conservative, republican, or southern baptist based on him or any others. Even though all the others I have met are the same. Sorry you've had bad experiences with liberals. 

Quoting susan115:

Liberals also, believe that those who disagree with them aren't very smart and should not be allowed to talk.  Because, liberals are bullies, no intellectual thought(they believe they are smarter), no discussions, no middle ground.  Now, I am correct, aren't blues_pagan, that is why posted that silly cartoon?

cbk_mom3
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:54 PM
6 moms liked this

mikiemom
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

lol that's funny because you have described exactly how every conservative person I know acts.

Quoting susan115:

littlemoments99
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM
7 moms liked this

That cartoon doesn't even make sense with what conservatives stand for. 

I have discussed this before recently. I don't really want to talk about it again. 
Marriage is for one man and one woman. It has always been that way. I believe that our country was founded on Christian values and a Christian value is marriage between a man and a woman. God made Eve for Adam. A wife for a husband. He destroyed cities where everyone in the city was committing these acts of homosexuality to show how much He hates this act. He allows diseases to effect these people and while it does get to the innocent that is what happens when disease is exposed to the world. It is a result of sin. If it was not a sin there would be no HIV that stays mostly within that group of people. 

God shows clearly what He does not like and He does punish it because He is a father. Father's punish you when you do something wrong. 

That is the view of a conservative Christian who follows the Bible and listens to God and heads His warnings. 

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM

How in the hell did this turn into a conservative topic?

I know Republicans and Democrats who oppose gay marriage.  I think this regardless of the political affiliation.

I take it we derailed the conversation again because you can't argue this face.

..MoonShine..
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM
5 moms liked this

THere are so many things wrong with this I don't know where to begin. 

Quoting littlemoments99:

That cartoon doesn't even make sense with what conservatives stand for. 

I have discussed this before recently. I don't really want to talk about it again. 
Marriage is for one man and one woman. It has always been that way. I believe that our country was founded on Christian values and a Christian value is marriage between a man and a woman. God made Eve for Adam. A wife for a husband. He destroyed cities where everyone in the city was committing these acts of homosexuality to show how much He hates this act. He allows diseases to effect these people and while it does get to the innocent that is what happens when disease is exposed to the world. It is a result of sin. If it was not a sin there would be no HIV that stays mostly within that group of people. 

God shows clearly what He does not like and He does punish it because He is a father. Father's punish you when you do something wrong. 

That is the view of a conservative Christian who follows the Bible and listens to God and heads His warnings. 

ArianEponae
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM
You should have known before you posted this that it would open the gate. I'll be nice and just say hi though
ArianEponae
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you ever noticed that many people view those who agree with them as intelligent, and those who disagree as idiots?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)