Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

WATCH: Hyper-Pro-Gun Activist's Argument Gets Destroyed By Smart Lady's Calm Decency

Posted by   + Show Post

WATCH: Hyper-Pro-Gun Activist's Argument Gets Destroyed By Smart Lady's Calm Decency

I LOL'd when he suggests that equipping teachers (who, apparently, are all bestowed with ninja-style reflexes as part of their inherent genetic make-up) with guns is an actual, realistic, rational solution to gun violence. 

What's your favorite part?

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Replies (11-16):
mikiemom
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM

but so real - oh wait it's not lol

Quoting autodidact:

his zombie analogy is moronic

shannonnigans
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Now, distinguished colleagues, before I get into the policy ramifications of the issue, I would like to say a few words about zombies.

Credibility: Fail
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Canvas_says
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM

A raving lunatic might have made it a more bearable viewing, it was a boring video. The man is right and could have given a much more passionate plea but he fell flat on doing it. 

Quoting mikiemom:

What wait, you don't think this guy sounds like a raving lunitic? Really lol

Quoting Canvas_says:

Your definition of a raving lunatic has a very low threshold I guess, I hold mine to a much higher level or we would all be on prescription drugs. Personally, I have made much more heartened speeches or debates on topics although generally the people asking me the questions aren't usually so boring as the one interviewer here. 

Quoting blues_pagan:

She made him took like a raving lunatic.  She sat there and stayed calm and he went off a a wild tangent.  He lost a lot of credibility IMO.

Quoting Canvas_says:

I watched that whole thing expecting to see what the title said and have his argument destroyed by the woman. I'm still waiting. 

LucyMom08
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:35 AM

No gun control at all (minus the waiting periods I support, and the background checks of course, those are fine as well, only at certain times though) because bad people are going to get guns. Don't make it harder for them to obtain them, just let them have guns.

That guy had no idea what he was saying, haha...by the way, what gunman is going to wait for the teacher to open the safe? "Oh, excuse me Mr. Criminal, could you please not start shooting until I have MY gun ready?"

Oh, and my absolute favorite part was the guy in the fedora in the background just standing there and laughing at him :)

cherylw993
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Yeah, I kept waiting for the "raving lunatic"  to appear. I actually was excited when the older man stepped in and thought maybe this is the raving lunatic. Whoever thinks that man was a "raving lunatic" would not want to come to my house for a family gathering. lol

I agree very boring video and he did fall flat.

Quoting Canvas_says:

A raving lunatic might have made it a more bearable viewing, it was a boring video. The man is right and could have given a much more passionate plea but he fell flat on doing it. 

Quoting mikiemom:

What wait, you don't think this guy sounds like a raving lunitic? Really lol

Quoting Canvas_says:

Your definition of a raving lunatic has a very low threshold I guess, I hold mine to a much higher level or we would all be on prescription drugs. Personally, I have made much more heartened speeches or debates on topics although generally the people asking me the questions aren't usually so boring as the one interviewer here. 

Quoting blues_pagan:

She made him took like a raving lunatic.  She sat there and stayed calm and he went off a a wild tangent.  He lost a lot of credibility IMO.

Quoting Canvas_says:

I watched that whole thing expecting to see what the title said and have his argument destroyed by the woman. I'm still waiting. 

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:45 AM

My cousin's rehearsal dinner was at that hotel!

My favorite part was when Ms Park brought up the IHOP shooting of the armed National Guardman. They just didn't have time to react before it was over. Newtown was like that. It was over before it really began. And the AR-15 that was bought legally by a woman who apparently had irrational fears about economic collapse and anarchy gave her son the ability to kill 26 people thanks to its rapid fire.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN