Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Are Non-Christians Patriotic?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are atheists and other non-Christians capable of patriotism?

Options:

No

Yes

God believers who are non Christians yes, atheists no

Atheists yes, non-Christian God believers no

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 66

View Results

I'm curious.  I see things that make me wonder how atheists and other non-Christians are viewed.

You don't have to post if you don't want to, but you are welcome to explain your position if you'd like.  The poll of course allows you to answer anonymously.  :-)

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mikiemom:

lol - how do you know what happens in the afterlife, have you been? have you spoken to someon that has been there?

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Sure why not, love of country doesn't mean you have to love God, it certainly helps in the afterlife though ;)

We are all online and not in person with each other.

We don't know where any one of us is posting from.....do we?

mikiemom
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM

mmm good point, I wonder what the IP address range is for the afterlife lol as we are running out and IPv6 has yet to be fully implemented.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting mikiemom:

lol - how do you know what happens in the afterlife, have you been? have you spoken to someon that has been there?

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Sure why not, love of country doesn't mean you have to love God, it certainly helps in the afterlife though ;)

We are all online and not in person with each other.

We don't know where any one of us is posting from.....do we?

Dzyre1115
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:13 PM

How do you know what doesn't?

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Oh pick me for this one!  I have!  Near Death Experience right here!  And it isn't anything like they want to think.

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:18 PM

And we have our first "no" vote.

:-)

mikiemom
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I'm not claiming to know what the afterlife is like. I find it arrogant of  you to say that you do.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Dzyre1115
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Well in case you haven't noticed, I'm fairly arrogant....and yes I do know!

Quoting mikiemom:

I'm not claiming to know what the afterlife is like. I find it arrogant of  you to say that you do.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

mikiemom
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I thought christ frowned upon arrogance?

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Dzyre1115
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Maybe, but that's a sin that can be forgiven!

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

mikiemom
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I love how ya'll pick and choose which rules to follow and assume it will all be good in the end if you just say sorry. That in a nutshell is my issue with christianity.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Maybe, but that's a sin that can be forgiven!

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)