Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Are Non-Christians Patriotic?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Are atheists and other non-Christians capable of patriotism?

Options:

No

Yes

God believers who are non Christians yes, atheists no

Atheists yes, non-Christian God believers no

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 66

View Results

I'm curious.  I see things that make me wonder how atheists and other non-Christians are viewed.

You don't have to post if you don't want to, but you are welcome to explain your position if you'd like.  The poll of course allows you to answer anonymously.  :-)

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Replies (191-192):
TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Thank you. :)

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting rccmom:

Quoting romalove:

So at least 9 people don't think non-Christians can be patriots, one of them having voted "other" without explanation.

Gives one pause, doesn't it.

Seems ignorant. Maybe someone hit the wrong voting button by accident? 

You are being kind.

No one has come in the thread and said 'Oh, I voted this way by accident'.

And nine people out of 60?

Hmmmm.....

I just hate thinking people really feel this way. Makes me need to go out and get a breath of fresh air.

I understand your feeling.

I asked the question because I wanted to see it in black and white, what I had been hearing over time through threads in the forums.

And now I have it.  It is ugly, but it is truth.

And I know what I'm dealing with.

Just remember it is only a snippet of people, and online people sometimes are nastier online than they are in real life. It is ugly, but it isn't the whole truth, so don't let it hurt your heart.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:24 PM
2 moms liked this
This question is only divisive if you are a person who believes that patriotism and religion ARE related. I'm glad you don't.

Quoting jcribb16:

I really do not understand why this question has to be asked.  This is a divisive question, stirring up one side against another.  That's not right.

Every citizen in this country is capable of patriotism and has nothing whatsoever to do with religion.  I know Christians who love our country and I know disbelievers who love our country - they are proud to be an American.

I, myself, am not taking this personal, but I do feel this post was aimed at trying to see if Christians would actually admit that liberals or others who aren't Christians, aren't capable of patriotism.  Once again, the patriotism has nothing to do with religion.  Thank you.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN