Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

School shooting you wont hear about.

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:23 PM
  • 111 Replies
2 moms liked this

C.J. Box

Very few people heard about the school shooting in gun-filled Wyoming that left three people dead late last year. Stick around, and you'll find out why.

Here’s what happened:

Chris Krumm, a troubled 25-year-old, traveled from Connecticut to Casper, Wyoming, to settle a score with his father, Jim Krumm, a popular junior college instructor. The motivation for his actions are unclear, but Chris Krumm appeared to be suffering from a mental illness.

On a Friday morning, November 30, Chris Krumm murdered his father’s female companion Heidi Arnold– also an instructor at the college -- and left her body in the street. He then drove to Casper College where his father Jim taught computer science in Room 325. Chris Krumm entered the room and --  in front of students -- shot his father in the head. Jim Krumm heroically wrestled his son to the floor before he died so the students could escape. Chris Krumm, like most of these cowards, committed suicide before police arrived.

It was a horrific incident, and it shook my hometown of Casper and the rest of our sparsely populated state to its core. Although Wyoming has one of the highest rates of gun ownership in the U.S., it also has one of the lowest murder rates. The incident was unusual and shocking and heavily covered locally but not nationally. Where were Michael Bloomberg and Bob Costas and Piers Morgan and Barack Obama?

So why, in the tragic shadow of Sandy Hook, haven’t you heard of this school shooting?  

Because Chris Krumm killed Heidi Arnold with a knife. He shot his father through the head with acompound bow and arrow at a range of four feet. And he used a knife to end his own miserable existence.

Now you know why you haven’t heard about it.

http://ricochet.com/main-feed/The-School-Shooting-You-Haven-t-Heard-About

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1Giovanni
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I just had a very loud discussion about something like this with my brother. But if he had his way we wouldn't have guns, knifes, bows or anything that can kill someone. 

pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Jesus christmas!

he forgot those Assult rocks and bats, box cutter. Hell lets get rid of frying pan

Quoting 1Giovanni:

I just had a very loud discussion about something like this with my brother. But if he had his way we wouldn't have guns, knifes, bows or anything that can kill someone. 

29again
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually, I did hear about it when it happened.  But once it was established that a gun was not used, the media quickly buried this story and its aftermath.

mama2beautiesnb
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:45 PM
i never heard about this wow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:46 PM

That is just sad, wrong, shitty, and any other way to say Fucked up 

Quoting 29again:

Actually, I did hear about it when it happened.  But once it was established that a gun was not used, the media quickly buried this story and its aftermath.

LucyMom08
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

So how did you hear about this?

PeeperSqueak
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:55 PM

SMH

pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Thought looking on the Internet. you should try it once in a while. 

Quoting LucyMom08:

LucyMom08
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this

So no one has heard of this, but you found it online?

Quoting pj2becca21:

Quoting LucyMom08:

pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:03 PM

did you not read it? it says it was only covered by the local media, not the national 

Quoting LucyMom08:

So no one has heard of this, but you found it online?

Quoting pj2becca21:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN