Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ad: Obama ‘Elitist Hypocrite’ For Opposing Armed School Guards When Daughters Have Secret Service [VIDEO]

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:18 AM
  • 125 Replies
5 moms liked this

The National Rifle Association released a television advertisement Tuesday night that claims President Barack Obama is a hypocrite because his children are protected by the Secret Service.

“Are the president’s kids more important than yours?” the narrator of the ad wonders. “Then why is he skeptical about putting armed security in our schools,  when his kids are protected by armed guards at their school? Mr. Obama demands the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes, but he’s just another elitist hypocrite when it comes to a fair share of security. Protection for their kids, and gun-free zones for ours.”

In the wake of the tragic Newtown elementary school shooting, the NRA called for armed guards to be placed in every school to prevent mass shootings. Obama recently said he was “skeptical that the only answer is putting more guns in schools.”

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
29again
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:31 AM
9 moms liked this

clapping

I totally and completely agree.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Finally, huh? Well done. 

Quoting 29again:

clapping

29again
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Wha???  Finally what?  I'm confused, lol.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Finally, huh? Well done. 

Quoting 29again:

clapping

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:20 AM
2 moms liked this

I mean the ad. Finally, huh? Sometimes feels like we are doing it all ourselves. Gets kinda scary.

Thank you, God!

Really, a very powerful ad.

Quoting 29again:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Finally, huh? Well done. 

Quoting 29again:

clapping

29again
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL!!  Got it, now! 

Yeah, it does feel like we are all by ourselves.  That ad was just awesome, and the TRUTH!  Thank God, they put this out there, it should have been out a couple weeks ago.

Quoting SallyMJ:

I mean the ad. Finally, huh? Sometimes feels like we are doing it all ourselves. Gets kinda scary.

Thank you, God!

Quoting 29again:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Finally, huh? Well done. 

Quoting 29again:

clapping

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this

But it is perfect! I don't think it could be better. Short and sweet. And powerful. And speaks to another issue of equality that hasn't been discussed much.

Think of 5 years ago - Isn't BHO so much different in real life than he presented himself in 2008? Never thought then that I would long for a Hillary presidency.

But I do. And I have.

Even Biden would be better.  :O

It's going to be a hard slog these next 4 years - but it's our country and our people. Gotta pass a good world down to our children and grandchildren.

Nice to have you on board. :)

Quoting 29again:

LOL!!  Got it, now! 

Yeah, it does feel like we are all by ourselves.  That ad was just awesome, and the TRUTH!  Thank God, they put this out there, it should have been out a couple weeks ago.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Thank you, God!

Quoting 29again:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Finally, huh? Well done. 

Quoting 29again:

clapping

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM
2 moms liked this

Odd:   Hundreds of young minorities get killed with guns every year, but it took a school shooting in suburbia for people to wake up?  Where are the usual people on the Left who would have spoken out about this situation if a conservative was in the White House?

I'm not belittling the recent tragedies.  I'm just pointing out that if a conservative were in the White House someone on the Left would be complaining about the urgent action that has to take place now.

I'm sure I've opened up a can-o-worms.

rccmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:35 AM
3 moms liked this

Do your children have death threats? What an ignorant ad! I do not want more armed guards in my son's school. Have you all any idea about how to do this? Do you know any of the risks? 

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Are there armed guards at Sidwell when there aren't First Family children in attendance?  If so, it's a private school and should be able to do what they want.

Retired police officers/veterans could be used at schools.  Of course, the tax payer would have to foot the bill if they are to get paid.  

Quoting rccmom:

Do your children have death threats? What an ignorant ad! I do not want more armed guards in my son's school. Have you all any idea about how to do this? Do you know any of the risks? 

rccmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM

So? I imagine with the 2 targets at the school, there is a need for security. When the targets are not in attendance, the potential for a shooter of some sort goes way down.

Many schools already have police officers assigned. There was this teenager in San Antonio who got in a shoving match with another kid, not even any punches thrown if I remember correctly. The school officer pursued him off campus and ended up killing him whe he came out of a shed he was hiding in. A teenager, shot just because of a shoving match at school. More armed guards, more of those tragedies happening.

Quoting rocketracer:

Are there armed guards at Sidwell when there aren't First Family children in attendance? 

Retired police officers/veterans could be used at schools.

Quoting rccmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)