Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Is this vindication for Mitt?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM
  • 29 Replies
Sorry, can't make it clicky. If you can, please do. Thanking you in advance............http://www.humanevents.com/2013/01/15/the-vindication-of-mitt-romney/.
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1REALQT
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Anyone agree with the article?
mikiemom
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I don't ever click on links posted by folks like you. can you pull out the actual text and subject.

Without reading anything I doubt there is ever vindication for Romney just more twisting and lies.

1REALQT
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Thanks blues! This helps those with ADD very much.
Quoting blues_pagan:

http://www.humanevents.com/2013/01/15/the-vindication-of-mitt-romney/

Clicky

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM

As for your article, I think this explains it.

As part of our global expansion of the Jeep brand, there are some cars — that because of the price position in the market — can never be made in the U.S. and exported,” Marchionne told reporters on the sidelines of the North American International Auto Show. “We’re going to be announcing the first step in the globalization of Jeep (in China). There’s another one that’s going to come in Russia. These things are part of a natural process of expansion.”

So it isn't that they are shipping the jobs overseas to have the product sent back here and sold to American citizens.  Instead they want to expand their company and make it global but due to pricing restrictions and probably even due to different regulations on motor vehicles in certain countries, the automobiles have to be made there.

That is why you can't buy certain European cars in America.

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Your welcome and no problem.

Quoting 1REALQT:

Thanks blues! This helps those with ADD very much.
Quoting blues_pagan:

http://www.humanevents.com/2013/01/15/the-vindication-of-mitt-romney/

Clicky

1REALQT
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Are you certain that they will never have Jeep brand made overseas, then sold to Americans?
Quoting blues_pagan:

As part of our global expansion of the Jeep brand, there are some cars — that because of the price position in the market — can never be made in the U.S. and exported,” Marchionne told reporters on the sidelines of the North American International Auto Show. “We’re going to be announcing the first step in the globalization of Jeep (in China). There’s another one that’s going to come in Russia. These things are part of a natural process of expansion.”

So it isn't that they are shipping the jobs overseas to have the product sent back here and sold to American citizens.  Instead they want to expand their company and make it global but due to pricing restrictions and probably even due to different regulations on motor vehicles in certain countries, the automobiles have to be made there.

1REALQT
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:22 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't care.
Quoting mikiemom:

I don't ever click on links

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Am I certain...no.  Because I don't know what Jeep has planned lol.  But right now, from what the Jeep CEO has said they are only doing this due to pricing reasons and regulations.  Right now I am simply taking his word for it.

Marchionne said he will keep “the pillar cars of the Jeep (brand) in the United States. Wrangler is one. The Grand Cherokee is another. These are things that need to be protected because they represent the best and the essence of Jeep. If you tell me I cannot make a Patriot somewhere else, I might as well go out of the market.”

Quoting 1REALQT:

Are you certain that they will never have Jeep brand made overseas, then sold to Americans?
Quoting blues_pagan:

1REALQT
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:33 PM
IYO....if you had to lean to believing it won't happen, or believe it will, how do you just a teeny-tiny bit lean?
Quoting blues_pagan:

Am I certain...no.  Because I don't know what Jeep has planned lol.  But right now, from what the Jeep CEO has said they are only doing this due to pricing reasons and regulations.  Right now I am simply taking his word for it.

Marchionne said he will keep “the pillar cars of the Jeep (brand) in the United States. Wrangler is one. The Grand Cherokee is another. These are things that need to be protected because they represent the best and the essence of Jeep. If you tell me I cannot make a Patriot somewhere else, I might as well go out of the market.”

Quoting 1REALQT:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN