Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

The price for a transplant is outrageous !

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:04 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

In the hospital the relatives gathered in the waiting room, where a family member lay gravely ill. Finally, the doctor came in looking tired and somber. "I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news," he said as he surveyed the worried faces. "The only hope left for your loved one at this time is a brain transplant. It's an experimental procedure, very risky, but it is the only hope. Insurance will cover the procedure, but you will have to pay for the BRAIN." The family members sat silent as they absorbed the news. After a time, someone asked, "How much will a brain cost?" The doctor quickly responded, "$5,000 for a Democrat's brain; $200 for a Republican's brain." The moment turned awkward. Some of the Democrats actually had to 'try' to not smile, avoiding eye contact with the Republicans. A man unable to control his curiosity, finally blurted out the question everyone wanted to ask, "Why is the Democrat's brain so much more than a Republican's brain?" The doctor smiled at the childish innocence and explained to the entire group, " It's just standard pricing procedure. We have to price the Republicans' brains a lot lower because they're used."
In the hospital the relatives gathered in the waiting room, where a family member lay gravely ill. Finally, the doctor came in looking tired and somber. "I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news," he said as he surveyed the worried faces. "The only hope left for your loved one at this time is a brain transplant. It's an experimental procedure, very risky, but it is the only hope. Insurance will cover the procedure, but you will have to pay for the BRAIN." The family members sat silent as they absorbed the news. After a time, someone asked, "How much will a brain cost?" The doctor quickly responded, "$5,000 for a Democrat's brain; $200 for a Republican's brain." The moment turned awkward. Some of the Democrats actually had to 'try' to not smile, avoiding eye contact with the Republicans. A man unable to control his curiosity, finally blurted out the question everyone wanted to ask, "Why is the Democrat's brain so much more than a Republican's brain?" The doctor smiled at the childish innocence and explained to the entire group, " It's just standard pricing procedure. We have to price the Republicans' brains a lot lower because they're used."

Outrageously funny !
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blues_pagan
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:05 PM

I found little to no humor in this.

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM

That would be like me posting this gem of a thought...

''New Rule: Stop comparing Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann just because they're both Republican women. And crazy. And know-nothings. And Jesus freaks, who claim to receive messages from God. Who both get their historical facts wrong all the time. Who both give off a sound that only animals can hear and makes microwaves explode. Seriously, stop comparing them.''

PeeperSqueak
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure

Quoting blues_pagan:

Peanutx3
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Eh

imamomzilla
It's been a while!
Yesterday at 3:01 PM
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:13 PM

rolling on floor

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM

So now I don't have a sense of humor because I don't see your sense of humor.

I think things like this (the video below) are hilarious!!!

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

I'm sure

Quoting blues_pagan:

PeeperSqueak
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:18 PM

LOL....like I'm really going to watch it ! 

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

I'm sure

Quoting blues_pagan:

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:20 PM
That's fracking hilarious

The OP is slightly funny

Quoting blues_pagan:

''New Rule: Stop comparing Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann just because they're both Republican women. And crazy. And know-nothings. And Jesus freaks, who claim to receive messages from God. Who both get their historical facts wrong all the time. Who both give off a sound that only animals can hear and makes microwaves explode. Seriously, stop comparing them.''

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM

OMG, it is just Monty Python and the Holy Grail, the African Swallow scene.

"It could grab it by the husk"...in the context they put it that is hiliarious!

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

LOL....like I'm really going to watch it ! 

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting PeeperSqueak:

I'm sure

Quoting blues_pagan:

blues_pagan
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't really find either that funny.  My quote made me see the similarities but I don't like picking on stereotypes.  And this one wasn't because I think that many liberals/Democrats here and elsewhere use their minds more than some can say.  I think that Republicans have people that have no use of a mind at all.  Do I think that all of a population is like that because of the actions of a few...no.

So to counter her humor I posted some of my own in the form of Monty Python.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

That's fracking hilarious

The OP is slightly funny

Quoting blues_pagan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)