Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Welcome to News & Politics! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 196 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi,

Thank you for joining the News & Politics group!

This is the place to discuss all the latest in news and politics, whether state, local, national, or global! :)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice daySteph

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi! I'm Stephanie, mom of 2 girls, Daisy and Lily, ages 11 and 12. I live in Alabama with my husband and love to read, write, play games, work puzzles, craft, and more. I've been here before, but thought I'd introduce myself since this is a new thread. :)

wave

Rnurse
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, My name is Dee. I'm from Long Island, NY,   have   4 adult married children and expecting our 7th grandchild (ages 1 to 9)  I keep busy working at a trauma center as a critical care nurse.  Days off,  I spend taking care of grandbabies.  I enjoy photography and scrapbooking.

blackwidow6161
by New Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

HI IM LISA ..

,NOTHING FANCY ABOUT MY PAGE

I HAVE 6 KIDS , OLE-SCHOOL , AND DONT RIGHTLY HAVE THE PATIENCE FOR ALL THIS TYPING JAZZ...

I USED TO BE HERE IN OLE-MS SASSY'S ERA )   APPROX. 3 YEARS AGO ...

I THOUOGHT OF COMING BACK TO THE ONE PLACE THAT I COULD REALLY COUNT ON THE WOMEN OF THE NEW & OLD ERA ...

I HAVE A QUESTION THAT I WOULD LIKE TO POSE FOR A % POLL ..... SO AS TO HOPE TO START A CONVERSATION & A COURT PETITION TO CHANGE THE  law AS IT STANDS NOW

IT STATES THAT ANYONE ( MAN - OR-  WOMAN ) WILL BE IN VIOLATION OF A NON-VIOLENT PROBATION PERIOD OF 2 YEARS  if .... found to be in or use of maxe ( even in the event of self protection ( in the climate of violence today ???????  )   the female offficer that i had posed that question to had suggested that i start with the local aldermans office ..... but to have big % with me ...

wow .... how do i go about making a  "poll"  on here  .   :(

teck-un-savvyyyy  :{

lisa ~

Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Hi! I love your girls' names :-)

Quoting bamababe1975:

Hi! I'm Stephanie, mom of 2 girls, Daisy and Lily, ages 11 and 12. I live in Alabama with my husband and love to read, write, play games, work puzzles, craft, and more. I've been here before, but thought I'd introduce myself since this is a new thread. :)

wave

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Welcome!!!

Quoting Rnurse:

Hi, My name is Dee. I'm from Long Island, NY,   have   4 adult married children and expecting our 7th grandchild (ages 1 to 9)  I keep busy working at a trauma center as a critical care nurse.  Days off,  I spend taking care of grandbabies.  I enjoy photography and scrapbooking.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Thanks! :)

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Hi! I love your girls' names :-)

Quoting bamababe1975:

wave

nrslise
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

cat

Hello! I am a 42 year old nurse pursing a degree in higher education. I am interested in the perceptions of ohters about the politics and policies of our government. I can be a little opinionated, however, I am open to debate. Lisa

jweigle40
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Good Evening.  My name is Janice!

what concerns you most in politics today?

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Glad to have you here with us, Janice!

Why don't you start a new post to ask that question? I think you'll get more responses to it in a new post than as a reply to this introduction. :)

Please let me know if you have any questions. :)

Steph

Quoting jweigle40:

Good Evening.  My name is Janice!

what concerns you most in politics today?

Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Welcome to the group Lisa!

Quoting nrslise:

cat

Hello! I am a 42 year old nurse pursing a degree in higher education. I am interested in the perceptions of ohters about the politics and policies of our government. I can be a little opinionated, however, I am open to debate. Lisa

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN