Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Welcome to News & Politics! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining the News & Politics group!

This is the place to discuss all the latest in news and politics, whether state, local, national, or global! :)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice daySteph

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Replies (191-196):
gludwig2000
by Gina on Dec. 21, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Welcome to the group and we need more independent voices in here.
Quoting momjoame: Hi. My name is Joanne. I am sort of an independent right now.
gludwig2000
by Gina on Dec. 21, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Welcome to the group Bridget, I hope you like it here.
Quoting Gidget65: Hello, My name is Bridget Satterfield Malone. I am new to the group.
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Quoting gludwig2000: Welcome to the group and we need more independent voices in here.

Independent of what?
gludwig2000
by Gina on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Partisanship.
Quoting Billiejeens:
Quoting gludwig2000: Welcome to the group and we need more independent voices in here.

Independent of what?
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Interesting:

Partisanship equals remaining true to your core beliefs, you think we should have less of that?

Quoting gludwig2000: Partisanship.
Quoting Billiejeens:

Independent of what?

gludwig2000
by Gina on Dec. 23, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Maybe I need to clarify, because I am speaking about blind extreme partisanship, the kind where one is so busy spewing out the party line, they are unable or unwilling to think for themselves. I know that you and I disagree on loyalty to the party, because I do not believe that calling oneself by a party name equals believing or agreeing with everything that party represents. I believe in thinking outside the box, so that means sometimes I may agree with a Republican and sometimes with a Democrat. But most of my ideas  fall along with the Democratic Party but I don't want to get into that with you because what they represent to me and what they represent to you are two totally different things.  

Quoting Billiejeens:

Interesting:

Partisanship equals remaining true to your core beliefs, you think we should have less of that?

Quoting gludwig2000: Partisanship.
Quoting Billiejeens:

Independent of what?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN